LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:21 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ah! My favorite part! Artifacts!!! Can’t get any more broken than this! Laughing

Leonardo’s Katanas 2
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2.
If equipped on Leonardo, he has Bushido 2.
Equip 2

Raphael’s Sais 2
If equipped on Raphael, every time he attacks, you may deal damage equal to his power to target creature with flying.
Equip 2

Michelangelo’s Nunchakus 2
If equipped on Michelangelo, if a source would deal 3 or less damage to him, prevent that damage.
Equip 2

Donatello’s Bo 2
If equipped on Donatello, he gains: "Tap: The next X damage that would be dealt to Donatello is dealt to target creature or player instead, if X is 3 or less".
Equip 2

Ninja’s Shuriken 1
Artifact - Equipment
Green, Unnatach Ninja’s Shuriken: Equipped creature gets +2/+2 until the end of the turn. Use this ability only if equipped creature is attacking.
White, Unnatach Ninja’s Shuriken: Destroy target equipment.
Use this ability only if equipped creature is attacking.
Red, Unnatach Ninja’s Shuriken: Equipped creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player. Use this ability only if equipped creature is attacking.
Blue, Unnatach Ninja’s Shuriken: Return target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less to its owner’s hand. Use this ability only if equipped creature is attacking.
Black, Unnatach Ninja’s Shuriken: Target creature gets -1/-1 until the end of the turn. Use this ability only if equipped creature is attacking.
Equip 1

Explanations (since I’ve cared A LOT about details on these ones):
1 - Katanas: well, kind of self-explanatory.
2 - Sais: Sais can be used as thrown weapons, and Raphael used them to knock down flyers.
3 - Nunchakus: Michelangelo used to swirl them to block shurikens, so small damage didn’t get to him.
4 - Bo: Donatello more than often used his Bo to knock projectiles back at the bad guys.
5 - Shuriken: Is alway unnatached for being one-use, but stays in play to emulate the ability to simply pack a lot of them.
5.1 - The Green ability is to remember that the shuriken IS a weapon, bu a one-use only.
5.2 - Shurikens are often used to disarm opponents.
5.3 - Simulates Shurikens being thrown from afar, dealing small damage.
5.4 - The low mana cost means (usually) a weaker creature. This helps to depict that famous scene of the ninjas making a leap back to avoid a hail of shurikens, which then hit the floor.
5.5 - Depicts shurikens hitting, for instance, an opponents hand, which weakens them.
Wheew, hope you liked these ones! Btw, does anyone other than Brian (and elf lvr) check these out? Just curious... Very Happy
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:04 am
Felipe Musco wrote:
Ah! My favorite part! Artifacts!!! Can’t get any more broken than this! Laughing

Heh, hard to argue with you there!
The "Legendary" supertypes help to deal with the power issues on the first 4, so I think they’re okay.
Donatello’s Bo should be combat damage.
The Shiruken is Jitte on crack. Currently, it is hands-down better than the Jitte, which doens’t make sense. I like your reasoning behind the abilities, but allowing them to be played at any time means that during your main phase you are unstoppable. This does things Jitte wish it could do. I say make the abilities only playable when the equipped creature is attacking or blocking, and then you have some balance and flavor Wink
All in all, excellent job on these! You’ve brought out some of the best things from TMNT, and incorporated the MTG style into them. My only concern is with your wordings Razz. They look like they would’ve been printed pre-6th edition, where the wordings all got changed Wink. It’s a small complaint, but it just kinda bugs me Laughing
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:15 pm
Explain the wording issue. Thing is, although I wander here on CC very often, I AM brazilian, and my cards ARE in Portuguese, so sometimes I may translate things literally. If you could point out what you mean, I can try to correct it. Also, I DID stop playing before 8th edition (which is when the wordings got changed) and came back just now, so I may be a little rusty. But if you can point me in the right direction, I’ll work on that. Oh, and I loved the suggestion on shuriken, makes it much more "real"! Very Happy Already changed it. However, since I’m picturing instants like "shuriken strike", which deals direct damage, and Donatello’s DID bounce things back, even some laser shots in some episodes (how on earth a wooden bo did it is still a mistery, but hey, it IS a legendary wooden bo after all... Laughing ), which is why it can be bounced to creatures. I thought, however, since he IS "defender", to change the ability requiring Tap as a cost, thus making able to direct the damage to any creature or player, and also making it less powerful, since this way, even blocking him is painful. Yeah, I’ll change it to work this way. Take a look and say how it looks now. I also limited the damage to show that a powerful attack would simply smash through the bo.
I don't like YOU.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:40 pm
Well, the wording issue is just nuances anyways, not really something I could explain very well. It’s not that big of a deal, so don’t worry about it Razz
I like the new versions even better. A+, Musco!
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:12 pm
Thanks! Very Happy And that’s not it, I’m working on 5 more five-card sets... Razz
But I guess I’ll wait and post them all at one time, so you’ll have something to read!
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:40 pm
Newly-born Ninja Turtle Green
Creature - Mutant Ninja Turtle
1/1

Ballistic Turtle 1Red
Haste.
Sacrifice Ballistic Turtle: Deal 1 point of damage to target creature.
1/1

Avid Learner 1Blue
When Avid Learned comes into play, you may draw a card.
1/1

Hungry Turtle 1Green
Cumulative upkeep 3.
5/5

Armored Turtle 1White
White: Tap target creature.
1/1
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards