LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:06 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ringbearer:Gimli Bearer Of Grudges and The One Ring Such a Weight To Carry Free peoples: 35
1 Durin III Dwarven Lord (starting fellowship)
1 Linnar, Dwarven Lord (starting fellowship)
1 Brand, King of Dale
1 uri, dwarven lord
1 Dain Ionfoot
1 Ring of Retribution
1 Ring of Accretion
1 Ring of Guile
1 Gimli’s Battle axe tested Weapon
1 Gimli’s Armor
2 Hand Axe
2 Dwarven axe
1 Dwarven Bracers
1 Dwarven Armor
1 Endurance of Dwarves
1 Proud and Able
1 Stalwart support
2 Preparations
1 Aggression
1 Till Durin Wakes Again
2 Nobody Tosses a Dwarf
1 Awkward Moment
1 Dwarven Skill
1 Calculated Risk
2 Flurry of Blows
1 Best Company
1 Battle Tested
1 Dwarf-Lords
1 Blood Runs chill
2 Slaked Thirst
Shadow Side: 35
2 Southron Archer Legion
2 Southron Troop
4 Southron Bowman
1 Southron Marksmen
4 Desert Lord
2 Haradrim Marksman
1 Suzerain of Harad
1 Southron Fighter
1 Southron Intruder
1 Elite Archer
3 Mumak
2 Quelled
2 New Strength Came Now
1 Red Wrath
1 Field Of The Fallen
2 Rallying call
3 Seasoned Leader
1 Howdah
1 Arrows from the South

Free peoples strategy: Make Durin huge!
I if know I am not playing a man deck (lying counsel) or a deck that packs Grima, Wormtongue
I make Durin huge at will. If I am, I wait until I get preparations or slaked thirst then I let loose on the possession throttle. I can always play them on Gimli until I have my Grima protection.
Brand gives more strength as well as helping out against swarms, and Radagast can help for that 6-9 move if your opponent is on site 8 (or 7).

For the Minion side: Exhaust companions and then with archery and high strength minions kill them. The threats from rallying call kill even more. The seasoned leaderx3 plus arrows of the south is killer on desert lord.

Advice would be appreciated for either side
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:37 am; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:14 am
hmmmm........first, you need more copies of the following cards: 2 more endurance of dwarves, 2 No Pauses, No spills, one more dwarven bracers and dwarven armor, add 2 ring of fury for healing and gimli’s resistance. And you DEFINITELY need another copy of Blood Runs Chill in there.

What to get rid of: Aggresions is X’ed so take that out, get rid of radagast, his ability is nice, but he isn’t worth the twilight he gives. remove calculated risk, its not half as good as no pauses no spills. Get rid of awkward moment, its not good unless your using dwarven tokens.

Durin is a beast, but he cant win games with just gimli and linnar at his side.
I recommend considering the following dwarves for your deck: Uri (good soaker of archery and can be a powerhouse with 4x lord of moria), Grimir (helps prevent your wounds), Dain Ironfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:28 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
PorterTroll wrote:
hmmmm........first, you need more copies of the following cards: 2 more endurance of dwarves, 2 No Pauses, No spills, one more dwarven bracers and dwarven armor, add 2 ring of fury for healing and gimli’s resistance. And you DEFINITELY need another copy of Blood Runs Chill in there.

What to get rid of: Aggresions is X’ed so take that out, get rid of radagast, his ability is nice, but he isn’t worth the twilight he gives. remove calculated risk, its not half as good as no pauses no spills. Get rid of awkward moment, its not good unless your using dwarven tokens.

Durin is a beast, but he cant win games with just gimli and linnar at his side.
I recommend considering the following dwarves for your deck: Uri (good soaker of archery and can be a powerhouse with 4x lord of moria), Grimir (helps prevent your wounds), Dain Ironfoot

why BRC i almost never have the vitality and it clears things pretty well the first time I play it. plus I don’t have one. i play open so I will keep aggrresion radagast I will take out and prolly put in dain ironfoot. if I can get some no pauses no spills i will. akward moment is plus 3. grimir no, I might put in uri. bracer’s armor i will put in I don’t have any spare ring of fury do you have any idea how hard it is to get thoses?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:41 am
yeah, ive only got one ring of fury, but im trading for another one from maxidoodle.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:25 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
yeah, ive only got one ring of fury, but im trading for another one from maxidoodle.

yeah anyone else also you get a GP for your post.
"DáinIronfoot"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:27 am
c’mon people I have only gotten feedback from one person!
"DáinIronfoot"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:35 am
why BRC i almost never have the vitality and it clears things pretty well the first time I play it.[/quote]
BRC is the key to winning with a Dwarf deck like this. A 2nd copy will clear the table again, and it shouldn’t be that hard to find the vitality to use it.

On a side note, I think you should drop Brand. He’s not going to help much.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:39 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
why BRC i almost never have the vitality and it clears things pretty well the first time I play it.

BRC is the key to winning with a Dwarf deck like this. A 2nd copy will clear the table again, and it shouldn’t be that hard to find the vitality to use it.

On a side note, I think you should drop Brand. He’s not going to help much.[/quote]

oK I will try to aquire one. but brand gives swarm protection and uruk-hai swarm is in my meta.

thanks for responding though
"DáinIronfoot"
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:45 pm
i think what you put in the deck really depends on what you are playing with. since sop is playing against uruk swarm, he should have brand, in my case, however, my dwarf deck goes up against corsair beatdown most of the time,so i use grimbeorn instead. it all depends on the meta.

(and against uruks, you probably only need i BRC, they dont have the crazy conditions like corsairs)
hblika
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:09 pm
I would use The Ring of Rings, instead of SaWtC. With so few companions, Gimli will be seeing some action, and since you can’t add a lot of threats, the burdens will pile on quickly. With Gimli as your Ring-bearer, strength should never be a problem.

A few more companions would be nice as well. Ditch Brand, and start Dain Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain instead of Linnar. With Preparations, Sindri, Dwarven Lord is a safe bet also.

You should also try to focus your deck a bit more. The way you are packing a LOT opf singles, each game will probably be quite different from the last one, and you can’t expect to master your deck, when you have no idea of how to play it.

As a side note, I can’t even begin to understand why so many here on CC seems to play open format! There’s a reason why some cards should remain x- or r-listed! But, that’s not my concern, so you should definately pack 4 Aggression in there. Don’t underestimate the HUGE advantage card advantage and cycling gives you.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open