LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:32 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
4 would be overkill 2 would do the job nicely.

everytime I move from an undergroun site. I could heal all my dwarves twice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 am
It’s a powerful card, yes, but it require underground sites and it can be discarded. Also, it usually requires that player to not be in the lead, meaning that the other player’s fellowship can out-run you.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PeterPot
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:23 am
Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Posts: 157 Location: On the Back of my fat old Unicorn
well thats true but you can have four of them in your deck.
Please don't give me gp. Please!!!!
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:33 am
I have A Question how come you play with so few companions. wouln’t a goblin swarm deck cause mager trouble.
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:38 am
Goblin swarm (or any swarm deck for that matter) could give this deck trouble. Id say that this deck would have a harder time against uruk swarm than goblin. Against a dunland or gobin swarm almost every minion has vitality 1. And with Brand, King of Dale on the field, he can add a TON to the archery total. So basically, when Brand is out, it will be tough for any moria swarm deck to scratch his fellowship. (especially if Gimli’s Battle Axe starts to add archery too! Very Happy )
PeterPot
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:39 am
Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Posts: 157 Location: On the Back of my fat old Unicorn
Yeah it does sort of Ive played it with my goblin swarm deck but his ring bear is to strong.
Please don't give me gp. Please!!!!
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:52 am
he plays with to few companions Shame on you
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:58 am
With my dwarf deck i usually only get 4-5 companions out by site 7 (Gimli, Bearer of Grudges, Durin III, Dwarven Lord, Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain, Linnar, Dwarven Lord and possibly Brand, King of Dale or Sindri, Dwarven Lord). And they still massacre most shadows. I think that the fellowship side should focus on quality over quantity. In other words, why have 9 crappy, easily killed companions when you can have 4-5 companions that are harder to kill?
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:02 am
very true. but what if all nine companions are good? maybe that isn’t possible for a dwarf deck... no offense intended. Seriously, 5 companions is enough, so longs as each of them is strong.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:04 am
elf lvr wrote:
very true. but what if all nine companions are good? maybe that isn’t possible for a dwarf deck... no offense intended. Seriously, 5 companions is enough, so longs as each of them is strong.

True, but if he wanted to add nine companions that worked to gether well, he would have to completely change his entire free peoples decklist. But you must always beware of the unwritten rule of 5! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open