LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
TheGreatGatsby
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:51 pm
Starting
Frodo, Protected by Many
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
Unyielding Ranger
Gondorian Prowler
Madril, Defender of Osgiliath

Free Peoples (29 + starting)
Faramir, Dunadan of Gondor
Aragorn, Swift Hunter
Mablung, Ranger of Ithilien
Unyielding Ranger x 3
Ithilien Blade x 4
Gondorian Blade x 2
Ranger’s Cloak x 4
Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs x 2
Invigorated x 4
Tireless x 2
Battle Cry x 3
Dagger Strike x 2

Shadow (32)
The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders x 3
Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One x 3
Ulaire Toldea, Thrall of the One x 3
Ulaire Cantea, Thrall of the One x 3
Ulaire Attea, Thrall of the One x 2
The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame x 2
Winged Mount x 4
Hatred Stirred x 2
Unending Life x 2
Flung Into the Fray x 2
Keening Wail x 4
Between Nazgul and Prey x 2

The Free Peoples side focuses mainly on discarding large minions with the Ithilien Blade. The Ranger’s Cloak adds threats which Madril uses to make minions roaming during the Maneuver Phase. I’m wondering whether I should replace Faramir with another version...

The Shadow side is a basic Enduring Nazgul setup: Play Nazgul, exert them with CotNR and Keening Wail, and then heal them to cut down the fellowship. I threw in two copies of Unending Life to aid against large pumped fellowships, and Hatred Stirred helps get a minion back here and there for later use.

Any feedback is appreciated. Smile
Last edited by TheGreatGatsby on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:39 pm
I think I should tell you, your starting fellowship doesn’t count for the amount of freeps cards. You have an illegal deck here,, I would reccomend filling out the deck with a few of the great fortifacations that are in The Hunters.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:10 pm
yes it does, your staring companions (not the ring) count as fellowship cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Gagnut wrote:
I think I should tell you, your starting fellowship doesn’t count for the amount of freeps cards. You have an illegal deck here,, I would reccomend filling out the deck with a few of the great fortifacations that are in The Hunters.

yeah PT is right.

OK
another toldea would eb good he is a real killed. why not a Enduring witch king you only have 3.

farmair CoG is good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AdultLink
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:18 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Gagnut wrote:

yeah PT is right.

Ummm... you guys are both wrong, and he is right. It DOES count towards your total. Only the ring-bearer and the ring count... ask Merrick or Bib.
Haves/Wants
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:23 pm
i was right or gagnut was right? cause im positive that your starting companions count toward your total number of free peoples cards.
TheGreatGatsby
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:17 am
PorterTroll is right. The Comprehensive Rulebook states that you play your starting Fellowship from your draw deck (which is composed of an equal amount of Free Peoples and Shadow cards). So the starting fellowship does count against your deck limit. Frodo and the One Ring, however, are part of the Adventure Deck, so they do not count against your deck limit.

And as for why I don’t have 4 copies of the WK, I just don’t want to get my hand clogged with multiple copies of a unique character. I can always retrieve discarded minions with Hatred Stirred, so having 3 copies of my main minions seems to work out the best.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:33 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
What format is this? Because if it’s Expanded, you should have Faramir, Captain of Gondor so that you can fit in an Aragorn, Strider...and even another Gondorian Prowler, if you want.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheGreatGatsby
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:15 am
It’s Standard format.

Does anyone know of any reliable Standard format Gondor condition removal? I think that’s something this deck is missing.
paippo
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:44 am
Lack of condition/possesion removal is the main Gondor weakness. Knights have some chance with Catapult (FUN!!!), but for Rangers... Think.
Maybe you could find place for Pallando, or use the Gimli, Bearer of Grudges + Ring of Fury + Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon + 3 Blood Runs Chill package instead of Frodo.

However, there are better ranger companions you could play instead of 4x Unyielding Ranger, Faramir, and Aragorn, Swift Hunter. There isn’t a really good version of Ranger Faramir in standard Mad, so you could probably get rid of him. Your Aragorn is not so useful, try to get a Aragorn, Thorongil or go for Aragorn, Strider in your starting Fellowship. Both Thorongil than new Gorn’s Bow are money in your deck, ’cause You really need a reliant way to add threats. Duty of Two, Guarded or Hidden Knowledge (with Houses of Healing) are pretty good alternative ways.

Halbarad, Ranger of the North and Damrod, Dunadan of Gondor, are some good companions you’re missing and Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver is a really powerful splash. If you stick with Frodo you could start Frodo, Halbarad, Madril, Aragorn Strider and Pippin, pretty good, if you ask me Shocked

IMHO Decorated Barricade and Portico are good cards worthing consideration...

I Hope that helps You

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard