LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:57 am
Telmonar’s leg was healed, and now it was little more than a large scar. The small company traveled for three days, and met neither man nor beast. On the morning of the fourth day, the clouds were collecting overhead. Less than an hour later, the clouds opened and rain poured down on the group. It did not stop until the evening of the same day, and the Hobbit were thoroughly soaked.

They had traveled fifteen miles that day, and their legs were sore. Telmonar spoke to Tandros. "We are not far from Bree," he said. As he spoke, he looked over the rolling fields to their right. Three black shapes, silhouetted against the fading sun, stood on a hill less than half a mile away from the group. Tandros looked over at the three figures. "Nazgul," he whispered. "We must get the Hobbits swiftly to Bree." The three black shapes began to move towards them.

Telmonar ran to the Hobbits. "We must hurry," he said. "The Nazgul are coming." The Hobbits rushed on, Telmonar leading the way, Tandros following.
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:40 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
The figure rode slowly, its horse’s head swaying from side to side. The rider was robed in black, and upon its head it wore an iron helm studded with a spiked crown-shape. The helm’s eyeslits were tall and narrow, and below them, a sneering mouth showed. No weapon was seen on the figure, but it looked up at the Iron Hills as if it was their master. It pulled its mount to a halt, and looked up at the dwarven gate that showed in the clouded moonlight.

"Let Dain of the Iron Hills come forth, for the emissary of Sauron the Great wishes to speak with him," the figure hissed, holding forth his right hand.

A dwarf appeared at the gate, and replied, "Who are you, that dares to utter that name in the Iron Hills? From where have you come? What is your message? Begone when you answer these questions!"

A laugh came from the sneering mouth, and the figure replied, "Dwarves of the Iron Hills, you are ever a warring folk. I am the Emissary of Mordor, and I come the behalf of the Great Lord. For this is the message he wishes you to hear: ’I have come, asking for your alliance, and aid. For I wish to know what you may tell of hobbits, and what these folk are. Where do they dwell? For Sauron knows that one of these was known to you on a time. And this one was a thief."

There was no reply, and the figure paused. In a lower, less bitter voice, he continued, ’As a small token only of your friendship Sauron asks this: that you should find this thief, and get from him a ring, a small ring, only a trifle-and if this is done, the three rings that your sires possessed shall be gifted back to you. Moria shall be yours as well. Tell me: where does the thief live, and you will be duly rewarded. Refuse..."

There was a hiss of his breath, and Dain replied, "I give no reply-neither yea or nay-I will consider the message."

"Be not overlong."

And with that, the rider galloped into the darkness.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:42 am
The Hobbits reached Bree within an hour. After entering through the front gate, the group decided to seek out The Prancing Pony Inn for a place to stay. Upon entering, a scent of freshly roasted meat and warm bread came through the door. The Hobbits’ mouths watered at the tall mugs of ale that were being served to the patrons of the inn. After a few minutes’ wait, the group was seated at a table. The Hobbits each ate mounds of roast beef, a loaf of bread, and two mugs of ale. Telmonar and Tandros settled for a smoke and a small amount of the beef.

Outside of Bree, three Nazgul waited in the shadows.
I had to put something here.
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:53 pm
The hobbits were munching on some mutten, gleefully drinking ale and beer, by the pints. Bolger got a little loaded, Gagnut wanted to get out of there, the company in the inn was ominious, Bolger was letting his tounge get flabby. Gagnut noticed that some off the men were paying close attenion to the company of travelers, when Bolger said they had come from the shire, a few of the men creaped out the door. When Telomonar saw this, he wispered to Tandros, then quickly beconed the hobbits to follow him to their room.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
THe nazgul were waiting outside bree for dark they had killed the 2 sentries who were just outside the city.

soon he thought very soon.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:56 pm
Dunaglar finally broke out of the wood and began to ride with all the speed he could. He was riding towards the Gap of Rohan when his elf eyes spotted a group of wargs heading towards him. He looked around to see if he could avoid them at all and it liked like he could not. He quickly took his bow and fired a few accurately paced shots into the wargs for they were not many. By the time he had reached them 2 remained> Dunaglar leapt off his horse and whirled around to slice the throat of one of the wargs. He then ducked as the other warg leapt to try and get on top of him. When the warg leapt and missed Dunaglar took one of his white knives and stuck it straight in the air and let the blade slice along the belly of the warg. After he had done this he hopped back onto his horse and kept riding for rivendell. Although he couldn’t help wondering to himself,

What are wargs doing in the Gap of Rohan?
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:06 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Dain glanced across the stone chamber to the other dwarves seated there: the remaining dwarves of the Thirteen (Dwalin, Gloin, Dori, Nori, Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur), and Boin, Gloin’s son. He rubbed his beard, and stood. The dwarf-lord took a step towards them, and furrowed his brow.

He began, "You know why I have called you here: the messenger of Sauron has come yet again, the third time in this year. And demanding the same thing: the wherabouts of a certain Hobbit who is said to have a ’ring’ of his. And his reward: the surviving Rings of Power."

"Never have we made treaty or alliance with Sauron, if he truly is risen again," Dwalin growled. "We cannot submit to his rule! We will not tell him anything!"

"And we know nothing of this, either," Gloin remarked. "For we have only met with one hobbit, and he had no ring. The question is: what does he desire? There is some dark motive of his..."

"Aye," replied Dain, "and that is why I have called you. I wish you to go to Rivendell, to seek counsel of Elrond the Wise. Perhaps he knows what is on Sauron’s mind, or what has become of Balin and Ori and Oin."

"Not a journey..." grumbled Bombur, groaning at the thought of movement.

"Yes, master Bombur," Dain said in reply. "For the fate of all of Middle-Earth may be at stake."
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:37 pm
The hobbits were hurried into some rooms. The man and the wizard had conserned looks on their faces.
"The Nazgul will follow us" Tandros said, "There are no ways out of the city exept for the gates"

"No" the man replied, "I have...

SSCCCCCRRREEEEEEEE
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
the Nazgul had made it in. they were drawn to a inn they approched it. a single person came out fo the shadow he said what are you folks up to in bree. He slew him with a single thrust. SCREEEEE he called drawing the others to him
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fingolfin
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:49 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Denethor, Faramir and Sven were all sleeping on a peaceful and unconscequencal night when all of them at the same time. Had a dream.

The dream had a lot of strange things happening and somethings that were terrible and somethings that were unbelievable but the overriding theme, "Doom is being drawn near...BY A HALFLING will this kingdom fall."

Later that night Sven Burst out of Minas Tirith at the bidding of his father towards the distant city of Rivendell.

"Must ride fast, Unseen, wary and above all else Rember the DREAM." that is what Denethor told his son right before he left.

That is what happened 2 months ago, now Sven was Riding through the Gap of Rohan
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing