LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:49 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
--- description ---
An ancient evil arises to haunt the forests of Mirkwood...can it be stopped?
--- end description ---

It was never fully known what took place there. All that was known was the aftermath. For it had all come after a terrifying happening, as the Halls of Mirkwood stood beseiged by orcs, men, and spiders. The battle had raged about the halls, and yet there had been a far greater battle within, or so was thought by many of the wisest. And there had been a group who had been found there, seemingly dead.

But they had survived.

Elendion, Dunaglar, and Tuilin had been found deep in the passages below the Halls, where were kept the prisoners. All were laying on the floor, senseless. When they awoke, they remembered nothing of what had passed that night. Save for Dunaglar, whose only memories were of dark flames, surging and flowing in a deadly stream. But other than that-none knew what had truly taken place.

There was a fourth, Silvan, who was found deeper still within the Halls. He had been found by a dark fissure in the floor, a fissure which had been covered over by some dark glassy substance. The wise shuddered as they passed by it, and in time it vanished. But Silvan stayed unconscious. The healers of Thranduil toiled day and night, watching his sickness. And he spoke not a word. He simply lay, eyes closed, hearing and seeing nothing.

The seige had ended as many of the elves felt some power arising about them. The armies had fled, and there had been a great scream of pain and terror from them. It seemed to them that there was a figure who withered in a great column of flame, beyond the army, but none could be sure. The armies had melted away, fleeing from the elves and hiding themselves in distant places. Victory had been achieved.

Or had it?

For Thranduil still felt the darkness that hung over Mirkwood. He still felt it waiting, preparing to strike again. He was uneasy, and consulted often with his wisest elves. And their reply was not optimistic. They also felt the darkness.

The Shadow had returned.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
ingold55
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:33 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
The dark figure stalked outside of the place called Mirkwood. Rumor had it a great shadow was growing. the man wandered how true that really was. If his suspitions were write, that would be far too true for comfort!

"Well..." the man stopped his sentence, then began again. "Let’s see if you are here!"

slowly the man stalked forward. he stood at the edge of the biggest forest in Middle earth, a wave of his quaries presence fell over the man as he walked near the woods.

"So it is true." he muttered to himself. "well we will have it out this time!"

The figure wrapped his cloak about him, and stepped into Mirkwood. the shadows engulfed him. He had become one of the many mysteries to be revealed in this dark forest.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:02 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin stood looking impassively at the forest. He knew some of his companions were already in it. And he would eventually need to go in to. though on the outside he looked calm and composed on the inside he was having a great battle with...himself. "this is a forest" he though "i have spent my entire life in forests. Then why can’t I seem to go in?" He took out his bow and nocked and arrow which seemed to help taking a deep breath he walked into the forest.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pippin
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:49 am
He had found he and his fathers old hunting path. Fond memories came
back to him...they only made him more sorrowful. He was taking the death of his father hard, and not seeing Mirkwood for years made it even worse. He knew nothing of the Shadow and he was headed straight for it’s ccenter.
Luckily for him he was expecting some friends he had met and fought with.
But nothing could help Felendier handle his fathers death. Tears streaming down his face he walked into the familiar but seemingly different Mirkwood.
"It is time. I only hope I can find my friends."
as Pipeweed once said: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeClick Here Please!
Cobra Cards: Dying body filled with thriving cells.
My have's and wantsPopcornMy trade refrences
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:05 pm
Lyon walked through the forest with one hand on the sheath of Aruthrin, one of his swords. He had a great sense of forboding about this place. He did not know why, but he couldn’t make his ability of elven foresight work. Whenever he tried, he saw only a mass of shapeless darkness. But if he concentrated, he thought he could see, behind the darkness, fire flowing like a river.

He continued to press his way through the forest. This was a path he had never traveled before, even on his many wanderings in Mirkwood. However, one thing kept him going. He knew his brother was in Mirkwood. In Moria, he had a vision of his brother entering the darkened halls of Mirkwood. And so Lyon would follow him. Lyon knew that his friends, Tuilin, Durail, Corvus, Berethor, and many others, would be entering the forest soon as well. But they had their own adversaries to face, a dark wizard, an assassin, and ultimately whatever dark power had enthralled these once beautiful forest trails.

He noticed, with some suspicion, the unusual quiet in the woods. Normally, some kind of animal, no matter how evil or twisted, could be heard in the forest. But not now. Lyon had entered with some apprehension, he did not relish the idea of having to fight off spiders. But even they were nowhere to be found, at least as of yet. In this quiet, the slightest sound could be heard.

Lyon’s mind wandered as he walked, pondering the past. He thought of his old village, on the border of Rhun, the only thing that stood between Mirkwood and the Easterlings. Until, that is, his brother had deystroyed it. Now the warriors from the East had nothing holding them back from an invasion of Mirkwood. Lyon wondered if the Easterlings had already taken hold in Mirkwood. And if they hadn’t, what force had stopped them?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
ingold55
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:04 pm
The shadow moved stealthily through the dense forest. feelings kept flowing over him, feelings he had not felt in a long while. what was moving in mirkwood, that would make all these feelings flow back into him?

The figure sat down and pulled his sword from its sheath. Closing his eyes, the man waited. his ears pirked up when he heard foot falls. slowly rising, he moved forward.

there was his mission! the elf slowly walking down the paths of mirkwood.

the elf passed, not even realizing he was being watched. the figure followed the elf; quieter than the elves he crept. the shadow was so great over mirkwood, elf, named Lyon, didn’t know he was being followed.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin felt slightly better now that he was in the forest. His village was just outside of mirkwood not to far from rivendell. But he needed to concentrate on the here and now. He thought he heard something behind him and spun around. nothing. A little jarred he continued. Then he was sure he heard something to the left waiting a few seconds. then he leapt at the noise. A few seconds later he was on top of the creature holding a knife to its throat. The creature was an elf! "whoops" Tuilin said sorry. The elf said "Tuilin, Your here?"
"I guess sorry about tackling you"
"Thats OK it is nice to see a familiar face"
Tuilin set out with him glad to not be alone and with someone he recognized.
Mirkwood didn’t seem so dark and foreboding anymore.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:17 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Corvus walked the ancient elven path with a stealthiness fit for a skilled ranger. He passed through the dark forest with ease, as he was quite familiar with it of old times. In fact, having stayed for many years in Mirkwood’s court, being one of Thranduil’s best huntsmen, he was well aware of every inch in the forest.

His steps were as silent as death. But Corvus knew that this was not remotely enough as this was no underground passage, and he could be watched or stalked without him being noticed, should a follower be equally skilled. He marched on through the vast, thick bushes and stopped. Nothing seemed to have changed. With a sudden move, the elf turned sround and unseathing his sword, he struck above his head and immediately behind him. Two spiders fell at his feet with a thud, some of their feet slashed away by the avenger, Corvus’ blade.

Sure of himself and with a dark smile and look in his eyes, he seathed his blade carefully. Corvus jumped onto a tree and took his bow into hand. Hastily, the ranger nocked an arrow on it and aimed at a stirring figure. It was Lyon!

Moving his weapon slightly to the left, he let the arrow fly. So it did, and a dark spider fell on the ground. Lyon quickly turned around holding a blade in his hand. Corvus smiled, and thought that this would be the right time to climb dowm and greet his friend. But just as he was ready to jump, he noticed another figure, a few meters away from Lyon moving to hide. "Too big for a spider and too good for an orc"...

He lay hidden and nocked another arrow. He pointed towards the direction of the shadow and waited for a few seconds....
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
ingold55
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:51 pm
The man ducked into the shadows. so the elf Corvus was here.

"this could work to my advantage..."

Corvus looked around bow ready. he never noticed the figure leave his possission, until it was too late.

the hard cold feel of metal came upon Corvus’ neck.

"don’t turn around or your a dead man." the man whispered. "You need not be worried about me. i am not after you. Just a piece of advise. stick to your buisiness, and watch your friend."

with that, the shadow was gone within a blink of an eye. he had disappered into the shadows again.
corvus
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:42 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Corvus awaited with his bowstring ready to fire a deadly arrow. The shadow stirred; "Just one more move for your direction and..." Corvus froze. He felt the cold steel on his neck. Thought of death and Mantos’ quarters came on the ranger’s mind.

"don’t turn around or your a dead man." the man whispered. "You need not be worried about me. i am not after you. Just a piece of advise. stick to your buisiness, and watch your friend."

With those words, the strange man dissapeared, with a craft Corvus could only dream of... "Witchcraft...." he thought to himself. "How else? How could he climb so silently? He must have some powers i cannot sence..." His eyes frowned and he whispered: "Watch your friend? I thought he was after Lyon. Now he wants me to watch him? Why didn’t he kill us both? We are a pain on his neck after all...."

Putting his bow on his back, Corvus decided to follow the man’s advice. He walked towards Lyon, who only noticed him as he climbed down the tree, and smiled. "Namarie Lyon. I see that you have returned from Hadhodrond with safety. What brings you here? Do you sence the great evil as well?"
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing