LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:02 pm
I’m pretty new to Evil Men Archery, so I’ve made a rough decklist and I need some advice touching it up:

(40)
4x Archer of Harad
4x Southron Murderer
2x Rapid Reload
3x The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor
2x Countless Companies
3x Pavise
4x Elevated Fire
4x Howdah
4x Caravan From the South
4x Mumak Rider
2x Mumak Commander, giant among the swertings
2x Fletcher of Harad
2x Whistling Death

It is a massive deck, but paired with a cycling FP half it should work pretty well. Also, I can almost always play every card in my hand for this shadow side. The Castamir is great. I can exert my minions with Pavise for Elevated Fire, and then have them gain strength at the same time.

Please offer your thoughts Very Happy
PW
Last edited by Pipeweed on Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:47 am; edited 4 times in totalPipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:09 pm
believe me, castamir is a waste of your time. low costing, high vitality minions are the way to go. Put in some long battle bow. Rapid reload isn’t as great as everyone makes it out to be, unless you have demoralized, usually i dont have the twilight left to use it. Precision targeting is SOOOO much better. put in three by takin out rapid reload and whistling death. Another pavise is pretty obvious because most archers have low vit. I love voice of the desert, southron troop as well. and however much people critisized my Men archery deck for using worthless minions, it has never let the free peoples player get to site nine.

I have had a Men archery deck since they printed a Men minion with Archer. you can trust me on this.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:15 pm
OK, I modified it. I don’t think Long Battle bow is going to be that great with all the wounding I have already, but if you think so, tell me what you would take out.

How else could it be modified?

Thanks,
PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
orian
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:27 am
elf lvr wrote:
believe me, castamir is a waste of your time. low costing, high vitality minions are the way to go.
agreed
elf lvr wrote:
Put in some long battle bow.
disagreed - a bow on a countless companies costs 3 to be played, remember. better playing only archers (or almost) and rapid reload
elf lvr wrote:
Rapid reload isn’t as great as everyone makes it out to be, unless you have demoralized, usually i dont have the twilight left to use it.
rapid reload is the way to save cards in hand when playing against strong healing fellowships such as merry’s sword, invigorated rangers, ents with a ring of rings on the ring bearer[/quote]
elf lvr wrote:
Precision targeting is SOOOO much better. put in three by takin out rapid reload and whistling death.
disagreed again, whistling death and rapid reload are a wonderful combo, killer against a lot of fellowships especially the one playing followers[/quote]
elf lvr wrote:
Another pavise is pretty obvious because most archers have low vit.
agreed on pavise, but only for mouth of sauron, mumak commander from hunters block, and to avoid opponent’s archery. the additionnal life points can be used to toil, but that’s very secundary
elf lvr wrote:
I love voice of the desert, southron troop as well.
it’s a good minions but today it’s a little bit underpowered
elf lvr wrote:
and however much people critisized my Men archery deck for using worthless minions, it has never let the free peoples player get to site nine.

I have had a Men archery deck since they printed a Men minion with Archer. you can trust me on this.

Eh? I don’t know with what you pair this but if evil men archery had the answers to anything, we would know it
there are some decks evil men archery will never beat and that’s life...

to pipeweed, if you play southron archery, it’s very important to pair it with a site changing fellowships, and even better if

1/you can change sites and go first in the same time (travelled leader in fact). in which case you can play archers to stop your opponent on the sanctuaries

2/ you can change sites every turn and stay behind, in which case you play archers to kill

the 2 shadows are quite similar by the way
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:36 am
Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings is deadly with a Pavise.
All cards do what they say.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:17 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yes ti is good. and the long battle bows if you use countless companion are worse then rapid reload. 3 twilight to exert a man or 3 twlight to exert whoever YOU want.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
orian
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:20 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
yes ti is good. and the long battle bows if you use countless companion are worse then rapid reload. 3 twilight to exert a man or 3 twlight to exert whoever YOU want.

well, the battle bow is better in one case: if you play against rangers/ ithilien blade
because you will happy to exert a man in shadow phase if everybody on the table has its blade
otherwise rapid reload is better
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:30 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
point good point so if you know your meta...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:27 am
Long Battle Bow played for a Countless Companies costs 3, and you get an exertion plus an archery wound. So, it’s like an undirected exertion and an undirected wound, instead of a directed exertion from Rapid Reload.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
orian
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:38 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Long Battle Bow played for a Countless Companies costs 3, and you get an exertion plus an archery wound. So, it’s like an undirected exertion and an undirected wound, instead of a directed exertion from Rapid Reload.

except if the minion is already an archer
problem is - 80% of minions will be

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard