LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:36 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thanks you FM that was needed.

and of course you are right.

but i really don’t know so I shall leave this thread
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PeterPot
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:17 pm
Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Posts: 157 Location: On the Back of my fat old Unicorn
some people say that I spam but what I see here his only saying that you guys are hipocrits
Please don't give me gp. Please!!!!
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:29 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
PeterPot wrote:
some people say that I spam but what I see here his only saying that you guys are hipocrits

Ny advice would be to get rid of Gandalf and merry.
what do you guys think?

also you don’t also have to follow a set "formula" when making a deck.
Some of my decks shouldn’t even work as well as they do.
I mean look at the freeps side of this deck http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1784

It looks like it depends on lucky draws but this is one of my decks that wins consitently.

So don’t just throw money away trying to make a deck that is perfect.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
PeterPot
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:22 pm
Well no my Gandalf is very important this deck has a lot of cards for gandalf but some of the cards are very important if gandalf wasn’t in there Grimbeorn would be fighting every turn then frodo would have to fight al the time.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:41 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
My suggestions to the Free Peoples are:
-Gandalf’s Staff (it makes spells cheaper)
-Servant of the Secret Fire (can help, for instance, Grimbeorn or Frodo in a skirmish, if they need)
-Sam, Son of Hamfast (simply use him to remove some burdens, then let him die)
-Wielder of the Flame (nice interaction with Grimbeorn, use more copies)
-Power According to His Stature (kill all those pesky Orcs piling up on Frodo! Wink )
-More copies of intimidate
-Roll of Thunder
-Hugin, Emissary From Laketown (get back whatever you need, be it Strength of Spirit, Intimidate, Servant or Wielder...)
-Bilbo Baggins, Retired Adventurer (get back Power According, Noble Intentions AND shuffle your deck, so the cards Hugin got back in the deck get shuffled too)
-Elrond, Lord of Rivendell (card-drawing ability, AND heals both Hugin and Bilbo, so you can use them over and over again)
-Frodo, old Bilbo’s Heir (keep healing Bilbo to use him more times, or heal Bounder if you happen to have to use him)
-O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! and Mithril-coat, dwarf mail (makes Frodo stronger and harder to kill, while having some utility on their own)
Also, if you want to, if you add Sam, you might as well add Hobbit Party Guest, Rosie Cotton, Hobbiton Lass and Aragorn, King in Exile, for some serious healing power on Sam, thus having a nice burden-removal engine. If you want, you can also add A Promise, to keep Sam alive (thus, removing more and more burdnes) and turning Frodo into a powerhouse!
I don't like YOU.
PeterPot
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:30 am
Thanks I think ill try some of those. Thats like the first time someone has posted on this topic without spaming.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:02 am
maybe you could use a different shadow side to maKE THIS DECK MORE EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Think
PeterPot
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:22 am
Well Let me think................... na this is a good one because swarm allows me to move through my deck faster.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:04 pm
Grimbeorn works best with a Shadow side that has high strength minions, such as Nazgul or Trolls. Sauron himself is fun to use too. Mr. Green

But if you really want to stick with Dunland, here’s a cheap sample deck with no rares:

Dunlending Elder x4
Dunlending Ransacker x4
Hillman Tribe x4
Dunlending Looter x4
Dunlending Robber x3
Bound By Rage x4
War Club x4
Burn Every Village x4
Over the Isen x2

The deck focuses on Site Control. If you can get them, some good rares to include are Ready to Fall, Saruman, Rabble-rouser, Freca, Hungry Savage, Hillman Horde, Hides (for every copy of Hides you include, take out 1 Bound By Rage).
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Cobra
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:37 pm
Hey guys, no ratings in the Deck Clinic please. This area is intended to help players of all skill levels get new ideas and improve their decks; it is not about judgments or "finished products." Wink
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open