LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:25 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
First off, before some moderator or Cobra himself start harrassing me, I KNOW this should be in the Member’s Lounge, but I didn’t want this to get caught up in the middle of all the gibberish, rubbish spamming threads there, since I actually want this Group to MEAN something, AND to help the CC’s MTG Community grow.
So, here’s a briefing on this Group’s objective:

-Come up with better-written Articles (since, well, they ARE articles after all, so they should be well written, differently from a Deck List, which could just be a pile of cards) by submiting them in advance to other members for criticism before release (criticism should be over the article format/theme/main idea; cards/strategy suggestions should be left for AFTER it is released, unless a card fits PERFECTLY with the strategy/theme);
-Create a trading network, so we can sell/trade cards with each other more easily, and we may even try "third-party" trades (meaning getting a card someone else wants, if it’s easier in your area);
-Discuss tournament strategy more privately, so no one techs against our decks;
-Create a "helping" network for tournament play, meaning we will brainstorm on deck ideas (if the requesting member is ok with that), rather than just tweaking a set deck, AND, of course, tweak a deck after it’s ready so it gets better quicker;
-Expand the "helping" network, actually lending cards (of course, members would offer to do it if they see fit, it’s not a demand), if trading/purchasing is not an option;
-TEAR APART every tournament we get in, claiming to be a part of the Cobra Card’s Gathering, from the Cobra Cards Player Community, attracting more and more members here! Wink ;
-If we can get some more members online, or if we really start to kick some arse in the tournaments, make T-shirts of the club! Laughing

And that’s about it. If anyone want’s to expand on that, feel free to, and if new members want, just PM me so I can discuss membership with other members!

CURRENT ROSTER:

-Felipe Musco
-La_Sin_Grail
-BrianBoitano
-physcosick
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 am
I just want you to know that, next saturday, I’ll be (finally) playing the Pre-Release of Coldsnap. I also got a friend of mine to go with me (to have some company, it’s lame to spend a whole day playing with no one to brag/complain about... Wink ), and I’m banking him to play it for me (so I get a fair shot of getting SOME cards, at least), so we’ll have TWO players under the Gathering’s Banner! Hope I can drag more people here, but if I can’t, at least it’ll be the first step, on my behalf, to make our "Take them all" idea of tournaments work. And, if I DO place well, I’m FOR SURE claiming it to be ’cause of all feedback I got from my "team-mates"!
Wish me luck, everyone... Oh, and tips are welcome, as to what to play, what not to, etc...
I don't like YOU.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:35 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I really like what you are trying to do Felipe Musco. Applause
If only the CC Council and tOO’s Elites would try to copy this instead of just goofing off and not trying to get anything done.
i may see what the CC Council thinks of doing something like this.
So if you see a list of ideas that look a lot like this that was me.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:01 pm
I feel flattered for "hearing" it, even coming from an Orc! Laughing
Actually, me fussing around between both Forums is starting to stir things up, you’re, like, the 3rd or 4th visitor in the MTG area from the LotR session in the last month! Very Happy
Care to read some Articles? Who knows, maybe you switch games, or pick up Magic, too... Wink (as Moderator of the Cobra Cards’ Gathering, I’m working 24 hours a day, you know, recruiting can come in many forms... Laughing ) Elf lvr may be thinking about it...
I don't like YOU.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:05 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
I feel flattered for "hearing" it, even coming from an Orc! Laughing
Actually, me fussing around between both Forums is starting to stir things up, you’re, like, the 3rd or 4th visitor in the MTG area from the LotR session in the last month! Very Happy
Care to read some Articles? Who knows, maybe you switch games, or pick up Magic, too... Wink (as Moderator of the Cobra Cards’ Gathering, I’m working 24 hours a day, you know, recruiting can come in many forms... Laughing ) Elf lvr may be thinking about it...

I don’t think I wil pick up MTG. I simply don’t have the funds.
However I may be willing to join your group simply as a article reveiwer, but also to maybe learn how it works. I still wouldn’t play but might help in reviving the MTG forum. I would like to start something like this for LOTR, would you be intersted in also having an LOTR group under the same ideas?
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:24 pm
I think that instead of taking up felipe’s time asking him to lead a LOTR group as well (although I have no doubts he could) we should do our best to make the CC Council more like this.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:32 pm
Well, if it suits the members, I’ll gladly join. Just mind that, although I still know the game and some cards, I don’t play it anymore, so I wouldn’t make much of a difference as a member... Think And, if you want to learn MTG (it helps playing LotR, believe me, gives you some nice ideas, since there are a lot of alike cards), simply read the articles, you don’t have to be part of a group. Wink
I don't like YOU.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:36 pm
elf lvr wrote:
I think that instead of taking up felipe’s time asking him to lead a LOTR group as well (although I have no doubts he could) we should do our best to make the CC Council more like this.
Alright you and I will try.
Goodbye MTG players, we won’t be bugging your forums anymore Very Happy .
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:37 pm
Well... maybe I will, but perhaps by then i’ll be a MTG player!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:00 pm
Looking forward to it! Wink
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion