LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
menace64
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:37 pm
I started card-gaming back in the day with Pokemon. I was a dumb elementray schooler, so it was the natural beginning.

And then I was introduced to SWCCG and my allegiance fell in with Decipher. When that game died, I drifted rather smoothly into LotR and never looked back.

Over the years I came to call Wizards of the Coast "the enemy" for "stealing" the Star Wars license from Decipher (this was a dumb young kid’s perspective on things). Now I’m playing Star Wars Minis and, for the first time, seriously looking at Magic.

I downloaded the online game and have been hitting the free trial games pretty heavily. The game works well with me, which explains why I haven’t lost very often. Wink

Anyways, this post needs a point... In the near future (but not now - money’s tight with college) I think I’ll pick up Magic. Besides right here at Cobra Cards, where are some good places to pick up massive amounts of cards at cheap prices? I’d like to get a solid base of commons, uncommons, and rares from older sets.

Thanks
Last edited by menace64 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:17 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Well, it’s like this: you’ll also find nice offers of solid amounts of older cards in sites like e-bay and the likes. Thing is, if you DO decide to pick up Magic, most of the GOOD tournaments only allow Standard decks, which consists of the last 6 editions (or 2 full blocks, if you prefer to put it that way), and the Core Edition (which are the numbered ones, currently at 9th Edition). So, my point is: although A LOT of cards get reprinted every now and then, purchasing a solid amount of older cards won’t get you very far, specially since trading will be a little difficult. I just got back into playing it, so I suggest you to just search for great deals on sealed booster boxes, and buy some of the newest "big" set (first of the 3 sets in a block, currently Ravnica: City of Guilds), since it will rotate later than the others, and if you want to pick up heavy amount of cards, then pick from the Core Editions from 7th or later, these editions are ONLY for cards to be reprinted, so cards in it are reprinted quite often, either in other core sets, or in some block sets (one good example is Birds of Paradise, which was in 7th, 8th and is now on Ravnica). Well, I hope I could help you, and I’m more than welcome in greeting another fellow player (even if only virtually for now) to our "humble" Community. You’ll see Magic is pretty fun!
Oh, if you want to see WHY cards in magic rotate faster, check my Deck called "The Tolarian Academy" at the deck clinic, you can see the original cards’ game text in Wizards page. Wink
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion