LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:03 pm
--- description ---
An Isengard uruk and Moria swarm-bomb that goes for one big shot, but can pull off smaller swarms if need be.
--- end description ---

This is MY version of uruk swarm, a bit different from the versions I’ve seen other players *COUGH*pipeweed*COUGH* using. I was inspired to make this from a deck that AdultLink uses, and thought I might as well post the decklist for review.

The Conditions and Events, The supporting cast:

Saruman’s Snows x3 (used to stop all the free peoples player’s defenses, like tale of the great ring, bounder, frodo, frenzied fighter, so forth...)
Hate and Anger x3 (the card drawing engine of the deck that allows it to play more than 8 minions each site)
Abandoning Reason for Madness x2 (I usually get to dump all of my freeps cards, but if hate and anger gets some bad pulls, this evens it out.)

The Minions, The stars of the show:
Goblin Backstabber x4 (I need Moria orcs for hate and anger, and since some of my uruks are D+1 already, this minion will add some helpful wounds)
Goblin Runner x4 (Obvious)
Orthanc Warrior x4
Uruk Foot Soldier x4
Uruk Messenger x4 (becomes more powerful with Saruman’s Snows)
Uruk Plains Runner x4
Uruk Regular x4
Uruk Seeker x4

The strategy: use the freeps side (an odd mix of Shire, Dwarven, and Gondor cycling) to set up a killer nine card (Isildur, Heir of Elendil) shadow hand and bomb the opponent as early as site five. Use Regulars to lower the twlight cost of other minions (the highest other cost is 2, but every little bit helps), and hate and anger, possibly Abandoning Reason for madness to draw more cards.

A bunch of 3 sites and Fangorn Glade are essential. Rohan can easily add 10 with the glade, but against other decks, it never hurts to pull a runner!

Thinkin of taking out Abandoning Reason for madness for a pair of schimitars.

What do you think?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:28 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
If the idea is swarming, then Abandoning Reaason for Madness works better. You could consider dropping Messenger in favor of a more expensive, better minion (since it’ll be ONE expensive minion), or add in a combo to add another winning condition, dropping the Moria concept, with Uruk-hai Rampage, Worry and Uruk Rear Guard, for instance (mind that this would require Saruman’s Snows to go, although it wouldn’t be all that bad, maybe Saruman’s Chill would be nicer, although that’s not a fact nowadays, with ARBs...).
Other than that, a nice deck. I played a similar one.
I don't like YOU.
hblika
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:11 am
I agree with Felipe! And if you drop Saruman’s Snows, you have a nice deck for expanded format, instead of the unbelievably broken open format...
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:37 am
Well, I include Moria for two reasons: low-twilight minions, and card drawing, which are essential in almost any swarm. And Sauruman’s Snows is the backbone of the shadow side, stopping anything nasty the fellowship player has for me...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:48 am
Well, it only stops nasNOLINKty SKIRMISH things, so Archery’s still a problem... Think And, as I said, the Worry + Evil Afoot glitch make unnecessary to draw more cards, making sure you’ll ALWAYS have minions. But yes, it does not fit that greatly, unless Rear Guard is in the build, so I’m not sure what to do... Think You could check the suggestions I made to Pipeweed’s Article, there’re two different (actually, more like three) Uruk swarms ideas there, maybe one of them suits you.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:51 am
Well, I have plenty of time on my hands at the moment, I will probably mess around with this deck quite a bit (and using the suggestions you gave pw) and hopefully end up with something close to decent.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:57 am
Try the last suggestion I made, using the Site Control + Worry thing, I never got the chance of trying it, but I’m pretty sure it works fine!
Want me to try a raw decklist?
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:00 am
Yes, that would be very helpful, thank you.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:27 am
Well, you can try this one, concentrating on curruption/swarms:

Uruk Regular x4
Uruk Captain x2
Worry x3
Evil Afoot x3
Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul x2
Lookout Uruk x4
Beyond the Height of Men x2
Uruk Vanguard x2
Lurtz’s Battle Cry x4
Saruman, Keeper of Isengard x3
Troop of Uruk-hai x4
Uruk Rear Guard x3
Tower of Orthanc x3

Or this one, concentrating on corruption/swarms/beatdown:

Worry x3
Evil Afoot x3
Attack on Helm’s Deep x4
Beyond the Height of Men x2
Uruk-hai Band x3
Uruk-hai Mob x3
Uruk-hai Patrol x4
Uruk-hai Horde x3
Uruk Vanguard x2
Uruk Stormer x2
We are the Fighting Uruk-hai x4
Troop of Uruk-hai x2
Saruman, Keeper of Isengard x3

The first one’s got 39 cards and the secon one 38, but if you pair them up with a REALLY fast cycling Felloship, you can pull them both off. Trust me.
Here are some sites you can combine with them, out of the top of my head:
Twilight 0:
Anduin Banks
Crags of Emyn Muil
Fangorn Glade
Fortress of Orthanc
Emyn Muil
Abandoned Mine Shaft
Courtyard Parapet

Twilight 1:
Pelennor Flat
Cavern Entrance
Ettenmoors
Slag Mounds
Slopes of Orodruin
Isengard Ruined

Twilight 2:
Westemnet Village

Twilight 3:
Mount Doom

PS: You can try out Nelya to play with the adventure path, if you like to.
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but unless you play open saruman snows is illegal it seems fine to me but i don’t play uruks
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open