LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
ingold55
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:38 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
The card "Anduril Flame of the West", says discard other weapons he bears. however the "Flaming Brand" says this weapon may be born in addition to another hand weapon. Which weapon text do i follow? And the "Goblin Marksman's texts says, "archer (add one to the minion archery total." Does that mean that the goblin counts as two archers, or does it mean every time you play a minion you get an archer? My last question,
"Naith Warband" the card text says while it bears a ranged weapon it does not add to the fellowship archery total. What does that mean?

ingold55 Smile
Cobra
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:47 pm
Flaming Brand vs. Anduril, Flame of the West
Anduril's text also says that Aragorn "cannot bear other weapons," which would prevent you from playing the Brand on him.

If Aragorn was already wielding the Brand when you played Anduril, Flame of the West, the first part of Anduril's text would mean that the Flaming Brand would immediately be discarded.

Goblin Marksman
When card text appears in parenthesis, it's just a clarification. "Archer (add one to the minion archery total)" on some early cards is exactly the same as "Archer" on later cards -- the extra text just reminds players what the Archer keyword does. Goblin Marksman only adds one to the archery total.

However, you would add two to the archery total if the card was printed like this:

Archer.
The minion archery total is +1.

(One arrow for the Archer keyword, and one arrow for the +1 bonus. Archer of Harad has text similar to this.)

Naith Warband
Most ranged weapons make the character an Archer, which means the character adds one to the archery total. Naith Warband's text overrules that.

For example, playing a plain Elven Bow ("Bearer is an archer") on the Warband would not give you any benefit.

But, there is a ranged weapon designed for the Naith that gives strength +1, and instead of directly adding to the archery total (which doesn't work on the Naith), it uses a more creative method to wound minions. Check out "Naith Longbow." Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
joseph_c_chua
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:21 am
The statement with the "may not/cannot/is not" always takes precedence over the statement with the "may/can/is" Smile
ingold55
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:43 pm
thanks! ok, only a few more. Smile what does muster mean? and how many characters am i aloud to have in my starting fellowship?

ingold
Cobra
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:40 pm
In the regroup phase, you can choose to discard X cards from your hand to draw X cards, where X is the number of your characters with muster. It's a bit like a mini-reconcile, and helps cycle through cards faster.

Your starting fellowship can be any number of characters that total 4 twilight or less. For example:

Gandalf (4)

Gimli (2) + Legolas (2)

Faramir, Captain of Gondor (3) + Denethor (1 after Faramir's modifier) + Aragorn, Strider (0 after Faramir's modifier)
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
ingold55
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:13 pm
does the text on gandalf's cart meanhe can have two weaons at the same time, and both of the weapin card texts apply? do i have to have nine companions, or can i have fewer? when i play with my friend i use nine but then you start to use so many cards you'll never be able to get through the stack. and can shagrat bear the broad bladed sword. "bearer must be an uruk-hai, bearer may not take wounds except during skirmish phase" Faramir wizard's pupil says "exert gandalf to prevent all wounds to faramir" (skirmish phase) does that mean damage won't wound him also?

ingold Very Happy
Earthshaker
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:25 am
ingold55 wrote:
does the text on gandalf's cart mean he can have two weaons at the same time, and both of the weapin card texts apply?

Gandalf's card states no maximum , so you can place more possessions/artifacts on it. And you can play them as from hand. so if the effect is there when you play them from hand the answer is yes. If you think that somebody bears the cart and therefor has the weapons and can use them the answer is no.

ingold55 wrote:
do i have to have nine companions, or can i have fewer? when i play with my friend i use nine but then you start to use so many cards you'll never be able to get through the stack.

you may use fewer companions

ingold55 wrote:
and can shagrat bear the broad bladed sword. "bearer must be an uruk-hai, bearer may not take wounds except during skirmish phase"

shagrat is an uruk-hai, so yes..you can also use broad-bladed swords for the new uruk culture Smile

ingold55 wrote:
Faramir wizard's pupil says "exert gandalf to prevent all wounds to faramir" (skirmish phase) does that mean damage won't wound him also?

After you exert Gandalf you prevent all wounds to Faramir. So it will prevent wounds made by damage+ too. (He can be overwhelmed though.)
ingold55
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:40 pm
Coat of Mail say "Bearer may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled." does that mean the minion has to have 21 srength to overwhelm the companion bearing Coat of Mail? or does Faramir have to get 21 srength to be overwhelmed by a minion?
Earthshaker
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:08 am
ingold55 wrote:
Coat of Mail say "Bearer may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled." does that mean the minion has to have 21 srength to overwhelm the companion bearing Coat of Mail? or does Faramir have to get 21 srength to be overwhelmed by a minion?

If the companion (Faramir in your example Smile ) is strength 7 then indeed the minion has to have 21 strength to overwhelm the bearer.
If Faramir gets to 21 strength the minion has to be 63 to overwhelm...I think most minions have a problem with a Faramir of 21 to win their skirmish Wink .
ingold55
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:34 pm
can frodo be overwhelmed if he wears the ring? and that is my question. Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions