LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
physcosick
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:21 am
Bad news, in my opinion, for us magic players. For reasons of their own, hasbro has been having some finanacial loses in several branches of their business so they need to make more money. So since magic has such a large market, they are going to suck it out of us. Because of this, wizards has announced a new, up to date MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retial price).

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=retailer

I’m just really getting mad at wizards lately because everything they are doing lately is appearing to just screw us over. Like I’ve mentioned before, type 2 costs a lot of money(http://londes.com/article.php?id=296), much more than type 1, so creating standard in itself seems like a way to just sell a lot of the newer, worse sets. Now they joined together to work with Ultra Pro to make a new type of sleeve. Now the rising price. If they make those sleeves the only types of sleeves legal for tournies... I think my jewish nature might drift myself away from playing magic. I’d rather waste my money getting drunk than wasting my money buying bad cards just because a toy company doesn’t know how to spend their money wisely.

Maybe I will just stick to buying cards off of websites and buying packs from magic players to play in drafts with a few people from my local store. That way I can play but still not be contributing to giving money to stores that increase their prices or wizards themselves.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:01 pm
Wizards is raising MSRP because of inflation. It could be a lot worse. In my eyes, the U.S. dollar has fallen so far that 3.99 now is like 3.69 was about 2-3 years ago. I honestly don’t like it, but I understand why they did it.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion