LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
54%
  [ 6 ]  54%

36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:19 pm
Grimmy seems (in that situation) to be a more consitant sauron-beater. I mean, he needs no possessions, and just one certain card in hand. While a durin with TONS of possessions still needs a couple events to do the dark lord in.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:25 pm
or i can just use preparations and a couple slaked thirsts to exhaust sauron in the maneuver, then give him a wound with grimbeorn or discard preparations to wound him, therefore killing him Wink
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:28 pm
But then I use Sweeter Meats to prevent the wound, making him 32 strength since he’s exhausted! Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:30 pm
D’oh! I forgot he was enduring! Oh well, i guess i’ll just have to stack 5 cards on preparations and discard it to kill him. (but that could give me a lot of exertions Think )
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:31 pm
Yep, his enduringness is very powerful.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:22 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Dwarves are certainly a touch match-up here, because Durin III can become base strength 18-19, as well as high damage with Proud and Able. Not to mention a Durin at Fords of Isen... Twisted Evil

After Durin kills Sauron, a Blood Runs Chill gets rid of Incited and Evil-Smelling Fens, since Durin can get to be damage +8 or damage +9 with Proud and Able.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:04 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Dwarves are certainly a touch match-up here, because Durin III can become base strength 18-19, as well as high damage with Proud and Able. Not to mention a Durin at Fords of Isen... Twisted Evil

I once threw down a fords of isen as my site nine and my durin reached a base strength of 24 and damage +7! Twisted Evil Needless to say, I survived Wink .
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:58 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah 2 slaked thirst on prepartions then maybe another 2 cards. unless you have 2 sweeter meats BANG!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:24 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
yeah 2 slaked thirst on prepartions then maybe another 2 cards. unless you have 2 sweeter meats BANG!

But the point is, can the Free Peoples player continually kill Sauron? What if at least 1 Sauron slipped through their defenses? It could spell trouble...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ring-Bound hobbits could provide a problem.

Any Frodo
The One Ring, the Ring of Doom
Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
A Promise (3x or 4x)
Any Sam
Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer
Chance Observation (gotten with Daddy Twofoot, Next-door neighbor)

Frodo is a strength 9 or 10. Sauron is Strength 24. Chance Observation pumps Frodo up by about 4 or 5, total strength 13-15. That’s enough to escape an overwhelm, so Frodo takes one wound. Sting, Bane of the Eight-Legs kills Sauron.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest