LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
wimwocker
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:53 am
I thought it would be cool if i could build a deck that would kill everything during the archery phase so I could run the sites like crazy. So this is what I developed.

sGimli Bearer of Grudges
sFaramir CoG
sAragorn Strider
sRanger of Ithilien
sSmeagol Poor Creature
sGaladriel Lady Redeemed

Madril RoI
Legolas SoT
Arwen DoE
Aegnor
Gimilis Battle Axe Trusted Weapon
Ring of Accretion
Ranger’s Sword
Aragorn’s Bow
Faramir’s Sword
Farmair’s Bow
Long Knives of Legolas
Asfaloth
Knights Spear x2
Ranger’s Bow
Elven Bow x4
Last Alliance of Elves and Men
Follow Smeagol x2
No Stranger to Shadows x4
A Ranger’s Versatility x2
Quick As May Be x3

I am only posting the fellowship for now because I have not figured out what minions I will be using. I am thinking forest nazgul cause they would get lots of forest out to help my fellowship. I will post more later.
ingold55
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:15 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
very nice, but you might want to have some backup plans just in case you play someone with these cards.

Spies of Saruman

Berserk Butcher accompanied by Seige Engine and Devilry of Orthanc.

and the ever dangerus broad-bladed sword.

oh one more thing if playing with a friend make sure he doesn't pick the sites because he might play "Anduin Wilderland". which can really hurt.

other than that it's a pretty awsome good guy deck!
Legolas Elf-Prince
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:09 pm
i agree with you wimwocker lots of archers but ingold has a good point Cool

Legolas Cool
ingold55
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:23 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
me i don't put my strength in archery, i use strength in strength.
if you know what i mean. something that can be better than archery is fortifacations. cause you can't really block the health they take bown. Seventh leval or citadel of the stars is a good example. Very Happy

ingold Smile
hblika
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 pm
Don't forget that Lady Redeemed is x'ed and No Stranger to the Shadows is restricted, in expanded format (x'ed in standard).

This fellowship is VERY vulnerable to corruption, since Gimli with RoR at most will have 8 resistance, and you don't have any burden removal at all.

Allthough I like the theory behind a massive archery fellowship, it's not very viable, IMO. You don't have any options after the archery phase, so anything that survives will eat your fellowship alive. The days when companions could win skirmishes without pumps, disappeared after the TTT block. What will you do when you face minions with wound prevention of different kinds? There are so many lhigh-vitality minons out there, and you give a lot of twilight, so don't be surprised to see more minions than you like survive the archery phase.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open