LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:23 pm
Hey, this is my new fellowship that welds the powers of elven archery and eowyn’s unique wounding capability. Please, feel free to give me any constructive criticism that you find necessary. By the way, this is what I’m pairing my corruption trolls deck with.

Free Peoples (37)

Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom (s)
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien (s)
Legolas, Woodland Emissary (s)

Companions:

Elrond, Witness to History x2
Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath
Cirdan, The Shipwright x2
Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men

Events:

Seclusion x3
Nocked x3
Many Miles x2
Attunement x4

Conditions:

Elven Marksmanship x4
Take up the Bow
Shadow Between
Sword Rack

Posessions:

Elven Bow x4
Legolas’ Bow
Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
Hadafang
Coif
Rider’s Mount
Riddermark Javelin

Adventure Path:

Basically, all you need is that one site that lets you exert a Rohan man to play a mount from your draw deck, then 8 underground sites for the goblin hordes to work off of.

I’m thinking about editing it to add another nocked and an extra elven bow. I also might add in Gil-Galad later if I see it necessary (and if i can find him!) Very Happy .
Last edited by PorterTroll on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:30 pm
At a glance, I might exchange the current Legolas for Legolas, of the grey company. His ability is really nice and can work well with Attunement + Elrond, Witness to History, and with Glorfindel as well.

PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:32 pm
yes, but that means you have to exert elrond to make the combo work, with this legolas you can exert a minion every shadow phase automatically, then i can use nocked or elven marksmanship to cause more archery wounds.

EDIT: I took out a take up the bow to add another elven bow, i think one take up the bow is enough, its just for emergencies anyway.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:52 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I agree that Legolas, of the Grey Company is a good sub for Woodland Emmisary. It looks like a good Eowyn Wounding deck...although Shelob, Her Ladyship can easily be the bane of any Eowyn Wounding deck. If Eowyn can’t skirmish, the Shadow player piles archery onto Shelob, and now you’ve got a Strength 22 Shelob on your hands. So...you might want to take a look at Take up the Bow for that.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:55 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
L, otGC could be helpful also the site you want is stables
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legolamb
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:32 pm
why does everybody think Take Up The Bow is so good? Question Question Confused:It makes you LOSE archers
I know BobtheOrc, sickofpalantirs, Peterpot and all the other Iowans. And I have an evil plan to KILL them, HA HA HA HA HA(just kidding)
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:44 pm
But get rid of a minion. Losing three archers to discard, say, sauron, is a pretty good thing, IMO. But it isn’t great enough that you should run four copies, it’s sort of for emergencies (sauron, maybe with sceptre, now thats an emergency!)
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:54 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Or Shelob. With no Eowyn available to skirmish, Shelob becomes a real threat. So that’s another emergency.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
maxidoodle
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:49 am
Shelob’s effect works just like Radagast’s. If he’s played, and then killed, the move limit is still plus 1. Hence, the moment you play shelob, eowyn can’t skirmish regardless of whether or not shelob is killed.

speaking of shelob, I tested out my new standard ninja gollum on this deck today. muy fun! Very Happy
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants
Cobra
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:40 am
legolamb wrote:
why does everybody think Take Up The Bow is so good? Question Question Confused:It makes you LOSE archers

It isn’t permanent; they get the archer keyword back when the phase is over. So, you’re trading three undirected archery shots for the ability to discard a minion of your choice -- say, Shelob or Sauron. Wink

Take Up the Bow is rather undervalued, IMHO.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard