LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

75%
  [ 6 ]  75%

25%
  [ 2 ]  25%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:17 pm
--- description ---
This article gives a thorough description of a sturdy Orc corruption deck that showers your opponent’s Ring-bearer with burdens.
--- end description ---

Introduction

In the past, I have used and have seen other players use many different decks that focus on corruption. Raider corruption relied on minions that could exert to add a burden at the start of a skirmish; this type of corruption was susceptible to archery wounds to prevent the exertion. Dunland corruption relies completely on site control.

Wraith corruption is deadly, but it clogs your hand frequently. Sauron corruption relies heavily on initiative and threats; against only a few companions, this corruption is hard to pull off. Gollum corruption relies almost totally on threats, which are tough to use when your opponent packs a low number of companions. Uruk-hai, Men, and Isengard corruption are practically non-existent. Moria corruption is almost never seen, and is also hard to pull off.

Orc corruption, on the other hand, is very easy to play, and yet it gets the job done just as well as any other type of corruption, if not better.

Minions

Isengard Underling is a key minion for this deck. Using his text, you can pull Bound To Its Fate from your discard pile numerous times.

Orkish Smith lets you get Orc conditions from your discard pile when you play him; this ability lets you pull powerful cards like Goblin Hordes and Unforgiving Depths.

Mocking Goblin has sweet corruption text, which is made easier by his high strength.

Porter Troll works very well with Bound To Its Fate; use Bound To Its Fate to discard events, then play Porter Troll to stack on the burdens.

Orc Miscreant can add a burden during the regroup phase, provided you can sustain his vitality to 2 to allow for the exertion.

Beastly Olog-hai has super assignment text, especially when you are playing against Gandwarves.

Conditions and Events

The cornerstone condition of this deck is Retribution. The text is amazing, and there is no twilight cost or spotting requirement.

Unforgiving Depths allows you to replace sites; this condition can easily be played back with Orkish Smith.

Goblin Hordes is a very solid condition, well worth the two twilight tokens to play. This condition allows you to take an Orc minion into hand every time the fellowship moves from an underground site. Shocked Use this condition to pull Porter Troll, and the burdens will begin to fall.

Dread And Despair works wonders against a condition-discardal deck. If your opponent chooses to spare the condition, they have to discard the top 6 cards of their draw deck.

Bound To Its Fate is the best event in this deck; its text lets you get rid of events from your opponent’s hand, which opens the door for Porter Troll to add burdens.

Possessions

Mordor Scimitar works very well because the bearer can even be an Orc troll, plus it comes with a sweet companion exertion ability.

Orc Spear is an awesome card to use when you need those few extra twilight tokens.

Deck

4x Isengard Underling
3x Orkish Smith
3x Mocking Goblin
3x Porter Troll
2x Orc Miscreant
2x Beastly Olog-hai

3x Retribution
3x Unforgiving Depths
3x Goblin Hordes
2x Dread And Despair
4x Bound To Its Fate

4x Mordor Scimitar
4x Orc Spear

Total: 40 cards

Strategy

Use Bound To Its Fate to discard events, then play Porter Troll with a possession to activate the text of Retribution. Get down at least one copy of Goblin Hordes early to retrieve your powerful minions. Use Isengard Underling to get Bound To Its Fate back in hand and repeat the process.

Conclusion

I hope that this strategy article has been helpful in revealing the power of Orc corruption.

Thank you for reading!
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:42 pm
The deck seems a bit big, but you do play it with dwarves (you might want to mention that). I have played your deck, and it works well, but it seems like you have only scratched the surface of Orc corruption, and focused simply on the cards in your deck, and left out some other corruption cards.

It was well formatted and easy to read, though. I will vote later.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
one fo your best articles you will either get a high3 or a low 4 maybe add mroe meat to it.

syrayegt culture match ups,

that would secure a 4
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:47 pm
maybe throw in an abiding evil or two, those can be nasty! (i use them with my retribution trolls deck)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:28 pm
Thanks for the suggestions and comments! Cool
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I’ll read it through thoroughly later, but it appears to be a good, solid article, which merits a 4 so far from me. I’ll re-read in depth and vote later.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:54 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Ap, you did a nice job on the spacing, and formatting of this article.
It could use a bit more substance, ie deck matchups.
For example Orc corp relies on the freeps player not having too many events so cards like Porter Troll, Bound To Its Fate, and Mocking Goblin can add burdens. SO it may not be as fool proof as Wraith corruption. Other than the ommitance of deck match-ups this article is pretty decent.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:08 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
The deck seems nice, but I also think the Article needs a little delving, at least. I mean, why did you chose those minions, and not others? What other corruption cards did you leave out, and why? An average article otherwise, gets a 3 from me. Wink
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:46 pm
Thanks for the comments.
ingold55
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:19 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
an easy read, and it caught my attention right away! as others have said though, it just touches the surface. I still think it was a great article. Very Happy
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest