LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:07 pm
Well, heres my Elven Events deck that uses, obviously, Elrohir, son of elrond, and elladan, son of elrond.

Freeps: 36

Companions:
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom (s)
The one ring, the ring of rings
Elladan, Son of Elrond (s)
Elrohir, Son of Elrond (s)

Cirdan, the Shipwright x2
Celeborn, The Wise
Elrond, Witness to History

Posessions:

Narya, Ring of Fire
Asfaloth, elven steed

Events:

Still Needed x4
Seclusion x4
Attunement x4
Defiance x4
Final Shot x3
Careful Study
Fleet-Footed x4

Conditions:

Shadow Between x2
Glimpse of Fate x2

Basically, i pair this deck with my evil men archery and this fellowship just sprints to site 9. It also is a bit of a choke deck since hardly any cards are ever played during the fellowship phase. Well, feel free to give me advice! Very Happy
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:11 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
It looks really solid so far. Asfaloth really doesn’t have a big place here, except for strength boosts. I love Attunement because it means you don’t have to sacrifice your Shadow draws by putting Elven events on top of your deck. A cycling Shadow would be really good for this deck.

Your doubling possiblities look good...*sigh*...it’s too bad Lembas rotated out of play. Sad

Your one problem might be swarms on Galadriel, as well as wounding and corruption. Swarms on Galadriel could be handled with Attunement, but nothing here can take out corruption.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:21 pm
very true, this deck has trouble with corruption, but it manages to do well against orc corruption (the bound to its fate, isengard underling type).

Asfaloth is just basically there because its a 2 cost posession that adds 2 strength to any of my elves, this extra 2 strength can really make a difference when your trying to overwhelm a big minion.

yes, and it is too bad lembas is gone, but now theres careful study!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yeah, Bound to its Fate is definitely useless here...very useless. I don’t know if I like Careful Study or Lembas better...I guess Careful study is better, since you can cycle that way and get an event back with Celeborn.

One deck I could see you having some problems with: Nazgul corruption with Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders and Cavern Entrance, because that shuts down Cirdain.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:26 pm
true, but this deck doesn’t always need cirdan, it can survive just fine with elladan and elrohir. also, this deck is very strong against the new threat gollum strategy bc it has hardly any companions and gives no wounds to shelob prior to the skirmish phase, and even if shelob does shut down cirdan for a phase, elrohir or elladan can still overwhelm shelob with just an event or two.
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:57 pm
But Cirdan with the ring is a beast. Cirdan is a must.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:59 pm
very true, all im saying is that this deck can survive even without cirdan.

EDIT: I really need some ideas of what other cards i can add in this deck to make it more powerful, any suggestions?
maxidoodle
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:16 pm
-Narya, Ring of Fire
-Asfaloth, Elven Steed
-Attunement

+Final Shot

You don’t need the possessions, since your deck relies on events, but other than that, it looks pretty nasty. Twisted Evil
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:56 am
i dunno, i might need that extra vitality on cirdan. also, that two strength that asfaloth gives can really help overwhelm minions.
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:07 pm
anyone else care to comment?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard