LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:02 pm
I don’t know... I just don’t know if I really like spell snare that much. If they drop an agressive one drop (kird ape!) then you have a mana open, they’ll likely not drop their two-drop. any deck that plays an untapped shockland or a normal island I wouldn’t trust to a two drop. then the problem is if they drop a one drop, you are effectively two turns behind.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:46 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, you could say that, but that’s aggro thinkin’ to the core! Well, I guess it’s just your type of player.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:59 pm
well my point is if you actually try doing that against really good players, they will smell the spell snare and avoid 2-drops. In most agro decks, you’ll have another one-drop in hand, anyway. Plus, if you go first, you’re effectively mortgaging the fact that you are going first- you’re giving them the turn back by not countering until second turn just like if they went first.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:07 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Again, as I said, it’s the aggro in you talking. How many control decks can actually pack threatening one-drops? Also, you can just let it sit (and then sideboard most of’em) to counter some Scab-Clan Maulers, at least.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:57 am
My point isn’t that you need to pack one drops that threaten. No good control decks do that. My point is that you recover more quickly from an opposing threatening one drop with a turn three creature over turn four, or turn four befor eturn five. Against agro, you need raw speed to stop them unless you’re playing wrath of god.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)