LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Pegasus
Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:04 pm
First of all, I am new in the Forum, and I want to say hello to everybody from Spain.
I have constructed a deck inspired on another deck that I read in this forums:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1202
However, it is based in a new card: Gloin, Son of Groin and I think it is a different deck in fact.

Format: Standard
Size: 30 free people + 30 Shadow

It is a very small but special deck, that lets play 9 damage + 1 Nazgul (or more) in site 5 or 6 by only 14 pool tokens. However you only have one or two opportunities to kill, that is very normal in this deck. The problem could be that your opponent can kill your fellowship before you drop the bomb, but it is very difficult!!

Fellowship- (30)

R.B. Gimli Bearer of Grudges
Ring: The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Companions (6)

1 Dain Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain (starting)
1 Gloin, Son of Groin (starting)
4 Gandalf, Leader of the Company

Posesions and Artifacts (6)

1 Glamdring, Foe-hammer
3 Axe of Khazad-dum
1 Ring of Accretion
1 Ring of Guile

Events (14)

4 Awkward Moment
4 Out of Darkness
3 No Pauses, No Spills
3 Traveled Leader

Conditions (4)

2 Stalwart Support
2 Chamber of Records

Shadow (30)

Minions: (16)

1 Ulaire Enquea, Black Threat
1 Ulaire Enquea, Sixth of the Nine Riders
2 The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders
4 Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
2 Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin
1 Ulaire Otsea, Thrall of the One
1 Ulaire Lemenya, Assailing Minion
3 Black Rider
1 Ulaire Nertea, Thrall of the One
1 Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow

Events: (6)

4 Dark Approach
2 Dark Powers Strengthen

Conditions: (7)
3 Moving this way
1 Lost in the Woods
1 Stooping to the Kill
1 Feel His Blade
1 Hatred Stirred

Adventure Deck: (9)
(0) Buckland Homestead
(0) Woody End
(0) The Angle
(1) Hill of Sight
(1) Cavern Entrance
(2) Caras Galadhon
(3) Trollshaw Forest
(3) Crossroads of the Fallen Kings
(3) Mount Doom

The key for this deck is in 2 sort of cards: Moving this way and Gloin, Son of Groin . Both cards let you put cards beneath your draw deck and draw cards. Of course we have the Dwarf drawing cards too like Stalwart Support, for muster 3.

(2) Gloin, Son of Groin
Companion • Dwarf
Str 6 Vit 3 Res 6
Each time Glóin wins a skirmish, you may draw 3 cards, then place 3 cards from your hand beneath your draw deck in any order. Skirmish: Remove a token to make Glóin strength +2.

Moving This Way
Condition
Shadow: Spot a Nazgûl and reveal a Nazgûl from hand to place the revealed card beneath your draw deck and draw a card.

Bid one to try to start as a fellowship in the Trollshaw Forest and play all you have in hand.Well, If you have Gandalf it will be better. You have to win all the skirmishes you can with Glóin, that will be easy normally because there you have all the events that you need normally. Then draw three cards and put 3 cards beneath your draw deck, that cards must be or Nazgul minions or Dark Approach, but never fellowship cards.
With Traveled Leader replace the sites to put your forests. If you have problems with lot of minions, replace the site for Caras Galadhon, and If you have problems with shadows that use skirmish special abilities, replace the site for Cavern Entrance.

About the shadow site, if it is possible, you have to play only one Nazgul each turn before the bomb moment comes, and put all the Nazgul beneath the draw deck drawing a card with moving this Way. Normally play Nelya to put the forests and Cantea to kill if there are more than 6 companios. Play all the conditions you have in hand. Dark Powers Strengthen events will help too.

Well, very early in the game (sometimes from site 3 to 4 for your oponent) you only will have between your deck and your hand the 4 dark approach events and more tan 10 Nazguls, and no fellowship cards

Play Nelya (with a Dark Approach if it is possible) and replace the site for the angle. Each time you play a Nazgul, you will draw a card. Then with moving this way search the dark approach events, and after, play the Nazgul with them. Play Toldea to use a dark approach one time more, and the WK and Ulaire Enquea, Black Threat using the toil. Or Ulaire Enquea, Sixth of the Nine Riders if you spot 6 companions to exert each companion. You can play in this way 9 Nazgul for only 14, of course you can play more Nazgul with more pool. Then replace the site for Mount Doom, to not let your adversary replace the site.
In the first skirmish transfer the Feel His Blade to have the initiative, and all the minions will be damage +1 with Stooping to the Kill condition. Transfer the Lost in the Woods to the Ring bearer, and…practically everybody will die, and the RB will be overwhelmed.

If you don’t kill the ring bearer, you can also put some cards from the discard pile in the draw deck with Hatred Stirred condition, and try in the next turn.

Please, let me know what do you think, and If it is possible to improve the deck.

Thanks Very Happy
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:35 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
owie

well you could add durin but he doesn’t really cycle.

otherwise it looks fine to me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:54 pm
The nazgul swarm lives on! I love this deck idea and use a version of it myself.

I find that sometimes There Came a Cry and Ghastly host works better than dark approach, simply because you want to have spare room in your hand for nazgul, not holding four Dark Approach.

The feel his blade/Dark swooping shadows combo is uneeded. All you need is 4-5 nazgul skirmishing the ring-bearer. Damage bonuses won’t help here. Might I also suggest using out of sight and shot? Simply enough, it gives you one more nazgul for your bomb.

Use Fangorn Glade for increased twilight against your opponent. Go second, you’re not trying to win with your fellowship anyway.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pegasus
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:13 pm
You don’t have to take Dark approach events in hand! you have to put the events beneath the draw deck with Gloin, son of Groin text.

Damage +1 is a good option! If you don’t kill the ring bearer in the first skirmish (for example, versus good archery decks or defender + 1 companions, or the tale of the great Ring, etc..) it will help to kill some companions in the first skirmish, and then in the fierce you will assign a lot of minions to the Ring bearer.

Ghastly Host is a good card for this deck!! Combined with the dark approach and replacing some Nazgul for Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening and Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds , it will help to put some more Nazgul in the deck!! so Applause !! It could be a good alternative for this deck.
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:17 pm
elf lvr may be right about this, there came a cry + ghastly host can be just as effective (or more effective) than dark approach (not to mention the difference in the costs!) Very Happy
Pegasus
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:31 pm
To Porter Troll

there came a cry + ghastly host can be just as effective (or more effective) than dark approach (not to mention the difference in the costs!)

How could it be more effective?
You can play the dark approach 5 times and it means 4x5 = - 20 cost for Nazgul.
there came a cry + ghastly is good but the number of threats could only be the number of companions. 5 companions = 5 threats. So dark approach is more effective.
However. With both cards you can play more Nazgul of course!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:20 pm
Dark Approach can diminish the size of your hand, though, unless you are replaying it with a card like Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow. With Gastly host for twilight reduction, you can have a hand full of nazgul for swarming. If you’re holding 4 Dark Approach, you can only play 4 nazgul (unless you have some hand extention).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pegasus
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:27 pm
Gloin, Son of Groin

Is the key card that give you the oportunity to not take the events in hand. Win a skirmish and put the dark approach in the deck again. Not take it in hand!!!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:31 pm
To use Dark Approach, however, I’m assuming you would have to have it in your hand... if you’re going for a nazzie swarm in one site, the more nazgul, the merrier! Although Gloin could put uneeded cards beneath your deck the turn before...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Pegasus
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:35 pm
Did you play the deck? Well, the swarm is practically always is site 5 or 6. Play the first Nazgul, and search the cards you need with moving this way, because in the deck there are only Nazgul and dark approach.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard