LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
physcosick
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:50 pm
I decided to create my own block rather than a set. It would be cool to make an image of each card but I will settle for Set Names, Storylines, Characters, and text versions of cards.

As for now, I want to get my idea out there so you guys know I am doing this. I don’t know how long it will take me to finish. Nor do I know if I’ll be able to consistantly create with my schedule and level of laziness.

But for now I give you the set names (names subject to change):

Uprising
Tyranny
Justice

that will be it for now. If anyone could be so kind to help me get a basic idea of the set layout (ie. number of cards for each set, number of white, black, blue, green, red, multi, land, artifact cards, etc) that would be great. I may not use it accurately since I may need, lets just say, less Black and Red spells to accomadate for more multi cards (RB).

Maybe if the set turns out good enough and if the demand is present, I could create a text file so you can add it to the MWS library so you can actually build decks with them.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:13 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Now, that idea would be COOL, physco! Too bad I’ve only got Apprentice...
I’ll PM you with the block’s size and an idea for proportions later, but I think that you could use the Plane’s name on the set, like in Kamigawa, or maybe the name of the Tirant (Tiranny of X, or it could be a card...), the same for the Justice block. Just throwing some ideas on the air, here.

EDIT: You Block could depict the corruption of a noble man! You could make it like Uprising, Justice and THEN Tiranny! It’d be AWESOME!!!!!
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:14 pm
Well those are the set names. Usually the Block name is decided based on the name of the first set in the block (invasion, ice age, mirrodin, etc) so in this case the block would be Uprising.

Keep in mind the first set, Uprising, will have more cards in it than the other 2 sets. Also will accomodate for the basic lands as well as the rest of the cards needed to set the stage for the rest of the block, etc.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:49 pm
Uprising naturally has a thing with rebels, I would think. So you could use a bunch of them... perhaps some sort of variant on sneak attack as well?

Maybe some destroy creature with the greatest power things or player with the most life gets X effect happen to them or something.
physcosick
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:53 pm
I have my plans... and rebels isn’t part of it... although I see where you are coming from. I wont have a rebel theme in any tribal way... but there may be a couple rebels as a sub type.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:34 pm
I see. I just thought "what’s better at uprisings than rebels??"
physcosick
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:08 pm
La_Sin_Grail wrote:
what’s better at uprisings than rebels?
Oh you’ll see Twisted Evil
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:08 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
La_Sin_Grail wrote:
"what’s better at uprisings than rebels??"

Trolls!!! Twisted Evil
Sorry, guys, little nostalgic on LotR TCG here... Laughing
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:41 pm
Erm... it never seemed to me like trolls obeyed much to begin with, but I could be wrong.
r2d2quino
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:31 am
If your cards are cool, I’ll give you 1 gp for each color you post. I’m waiting to see it.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards