LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
20%
  [ 1 ]  20%

60%
  [ 3 ]  60%

20%
  [ 1 ]  20%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
physcosick
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:40 pm
The Juzam isn’t meant to be in a sliver deck. Much like that Yukora Prisoner wasn’t meant to be in a {insert creature type} deck.

I agree wth inresponse. You had a lot of options of where to go with this article but you didn’t really explore a whole lot.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:50 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
On Yukora, you’re looking for Ogres, I believe. Juzam, guys, is a bit too old for LSG to remember, he’s rather new to the game itself! Laughing LSG, let me asure you: Juzam Sliver (believe me, you WILL see it being called like this) WILL see play. If nothing else, it gives non-green/red decks power to pack a punch. And let’s face it, Sliver decks won’t be coming back at all, at least not for now. I liked the overall article, too, and I hope you don’t mind the fact that I’ll write a very similar one after the Pre-Release (actually, I think I’ll run it for next month, I think I’m well represented this month Mr. Green ), but I’ll dive into strategy a little bit more. It’ll be rather different from my Coldsnap one, on the other hand, so be ready to see something... hum... nice. Wink (I hope you all like it, it’ll give me quite a headache to put it together, I’m starting it on monday to HOPEFULLY finish ’till mid-october).
To inresponse: don’t worry, I’m not making that INCREDIBLY stupid mistake on Valkyrie/Husk again, thanks for pointing it out! It was not in the nicest of ways, but well, I deserved, and we’ve already cleared that topic, I believe?
To all: I won’t also pull off another Braid of Fire nonsense, I’ve got the hang of the game again, FINALLY!
PS: I know this is off topic, but I’d like to have you guys drop by my LotR’s article, since you don’t know sqaut about the game, to get pure criticism on format, since I wan’t to apply a similar build on my next MTG article, and let’s be honest: YOU are my intended target public when I write. Very Happy (oh, yeah, don’t try to read it all, it’s kinda big, just the preliminary parts, to see if the format is pleasant enough to read).
To physcosick: you still own me your Top Ten! Wink

PPS: Has no one noticed AT ALL all my rumbling and mumbling about Magus of the Disk? Won’t anyone cover for me, or bomb me even more? NOW I’m lonely... Crying or Very sad
I don't like YOU.
inresponse
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:27 am
if you really want to know about magus of the disk...

he is good against one deck. simic agro. and very rarely will you be resolving cards like him on turn 4 against that deck. off a signet he might see play, but other than that I think he is generally a weak card since the other creature deckss play seal of fire.
c3poquino
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:36 am
Hey, another new article! Finally!
Cool, you’ve gotten information from mtgsalvation.com? If you did, I think you could write a little more, I mean, they have an awful lot of cards there, already. You could talk about all of them? Or would that be too big? Well, I will wait to read it again later, if you decide to edit it. What is already written is cool, just could use some work on bolding and stuff like this, to make it a less harsh read. Also, you should explain a little more about some cards, for instance: "Saffi, Eriksdotter- Good thing this wasn’t around with the kami dragons. Still, this with a flamemaw kavu really bites." Why? My bro (and other players) is a bit of a noobie, so I think it should explain "step-by-step", so everyone gets it. Just some tips.
This is a little off the topic, but I think he may be on to s’mthing with the Magus of the Disk, seems like a pretty powerful card. Think
r2d2quino
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:51 am
Hey, cool article! I like sneaky! You have some inside info, or s’mthing?
I think it’s too small, but the combo in the end is killer! You could add Mishra’s Bauble, to make a deck smaller, and pull it off quick, also using Wrath of God and Sunscour to kill off creatures.

EDIT: Just saw the other posts. My bro has never told me about that site. Sad And he doesn’t even share cards with me, I have to trade to him, can you believe it?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:08 pm
Again, I tell you: "Ah, brotherly love!"
And btw, I don’t think you should diss your brother ’round here for not sharing cards with you, just beat him up or something like it! Very Happy (I’m just kidding! Kids, don’t try this at home! I, in no way, condone any kind of unnecessary violence, and I don’t care HOW MUCH that last Jitte is necessary! Laughing )
I don't like YOU.
inresponse
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:19 pm
magus of the disk actually is very good. it was originally spoiled as a 2/2 which dies to seal of fire and other burn spells, as well as can’t fight, but as a 2/4 it is much better.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:46 pm
I’ve known it as a 2/4 from day 1, since I first saw him on the WotC spoiler. I was wondering what you meant by Seal of Fire, thanks for clearing that up. And he is, isn’t he?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:58 pm
c3poquino wrote:
Hey, another new article! Finally!
Also, you should explain a little more about some cards, for instance: "Saffi, Eriksdotter- Good thing this wasn’t around with the kami dragons. Still, this with a flamemaw kavu really bites." Why? My bro (and other players) is a bit of a noobie, so I think it should explain "step-by-step", so everyone gets it. Just some tips.
This is a little off the topic, but I think he may be on to s’mthing with the Magus of the Disk, seems like a pretty powerful card. Think

Erm. Okay. If you could just use Saffi with Kamigawa dragons (yosei, Kokusho etc.) then you could play them, have them die, and have a very easy, permanent renimation for just two mana.

With Flamemaw Kavu, you can have Saffi in play, play the kavu (burning a creature on the other board), not pay the kavu’s upkeep (or better yet block with him, the block killing another creature, the leaving play yet another) and then pull that same thing over with saffi. That’s almost completely a one-sided wrath of god.

I don’t like Magus of the Disk because he’s one of those cards, like plague boiler, that looks really good on paper, but magus allows for way too many disruptions. While wrath’s only weakness is counter, magus can be counterspelled, killed, fettered, or his ability voidslimed even. With mortify or char in just about every deck, and with psionic blast coming to be in the rest of them, he simply won’t survive to use his ability unless they want him to.

As for doing all tthe cards for mtgsalvation.com... I could I suppose, but right now I’m running four AP classes (an hour/night of work), marching band (15-30 hours a week), school (duh!) and I’m becoming very involved in my own school MTG club. I simply don’t have time to review all the cards, especially when half the cards in any set aren’t worth reviewing.

And for the record, I do know Juzam Djinn- he’s too famous for me not to know. I do know the top tier old cards, like the power nine, LoA, and all that jazz, I just don’t know the older formats very well. I owned a pair of sol rings, including a beta, and I generally know cards. I still don’t like him, though, as black has a shadow flying finisher and an 8/8 flying trampling finisher.
c3poquino
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:27 pm
Man, drop it, Magus of the Disk isn’t going to see play, in ANY format! Hum, maybe Limited.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest