LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:58 pm
--- description ---
Old favorite made possible by new lands
--- end description ---

Basically, I’m trying to get a coalition victory deck here... Obviously, this will require coalition victory and a creature of each color.

4 Temple Garden
4 Stomping Ground
4 Breeding Pool
2 Overgrown Tomb
3 Hallowed Fountain
1 Blood Crypt
1 Godless Shrine
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Steam Vents
1 Watery Grave

4 Coalition Victory
4 Farseek
4 Faith’s Fetters
4 Loxodon Hierarch
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Quickchange
4 Govern the Guildless
4 Llanowar Elves
6 one of every non-green signet

Basically, you’ll drop a dual turn one with a BoP, hopefully dropping another tapped dual and a farseek turn two. Then, stall out while you play land/signets behind hierarch and fetters. Finally, end the game with the final victory!

Problems: It’s really tough getting enough mana to pull this off. thinking of adding transguild courier over govern, but he’s easily removable. I can’t really play bouncelands because they don’t count as basic of each type like Ravduals do.

Thoughts?
physcosick
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:24 pm
I want to win a game at an FNM with this card... it is my goal. Find out if there is a transmute for.... what ever coaliton victory’s mana cost is.

Also your not playing the best card that I want to play in the deck:
Transguild Courier

seriously.... it just works, and makes the deck win.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:57 pm
Thanks for reading the comments....

Anyways, I don’t think there’s going to be a way to grab coalition outside research (or whichever one finds a multi-colored card and puts it to hand)
physcosick
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:28 pm
I read the comments and my point stands.

Without corier, your chances of winning is extremely hurt.

As for the tutor.... i’m not sure... supply//demand
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:12 am
yeah, sounds right. My point about the comments was should I play that over govern the guildless? I’m assuming you realize quickchange makes any creature every color and the forecast on govern does as well.
physcosick
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:19 am
I realize that, but you would need 10 mana and a 3 cards combo (not to mention the lands) instead of giving yourself a 2 card combo that you would only need 4 mana, than 8 mana another turn. Plus, the corrier can be transmuted for via DImir House Gaurd.
c3poquino
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:34 pm
Coalition Victory simply won’t cut it, with the cards available now. Yes, the Ravnica Dual Lands allow you to be ready turn 3 (play 1 and Birds of Paradise, then play another and Farseek, play Transguild Courier), but the wretched spell costs 8... Problem is protecting the combo ’till then. Maybe cram the deck full of Accelerators, Card Drawers, Supply//Demand and Voyager’s Staff or Ghostway, to make it live? Then, optimizing, we would have s’mthing like:
Turn 1: Dual, Birds of Paradise.
Turn 2: Dual, Farseek, Dual.
Turn 3: Land, Accelerator, Transguild Courier.
Turn 4: Land, Accelerator, Miscelaneous (card-drawing or protection).
Turn 5: Land, Coalition Victory.
Looks good? Turns 3 and 4 could be switched, for more Transguil Courier protection.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:14 pm
This isn’t intended to be a tournament deck... that I save for articles and tournaments. This is a fun deck while I’m still collecting the cards for whatever deck I want to play for real- one I can play recreationally around school.
physcosick
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:18 pm
If someone is going to play a deck like this... or if you even want to consider it... with an expensive mana base like that.... you won’t be building this deck unless it wins. SO it has to be decent. And thats the point of us commenting on the deck. We want it to be good. EWven if it wasnt your intention, it’s what we must try to do.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:17 pm
Right, right. I was responding to whoever it was that said coalition victory shouldn’t be played or w/e "Coalition Victory simply won’t cut it." I appreciate your comments. I intended this more as a "Hey look a really cool casual concept because of Shocklands and Coalition" than "look at this tourney deck" kind of post, if that makes sense.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)