LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
AceKing133
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:26 am
My buddy, inresponse and I have been working on this deck for the past couple of weeks. The original sideboard had persecutes, but i think cranials are a little more powerful against the decks currently running rampant in standard. Feel free to comment, I’d appreciate the info.

Creatures (10):
4 Kokusho, the Evening Star
4 Kagemaro, First to Suffer
2 Helldozer

Other Spells (26):
4 Distress
4 Cruel Edict
4 Rend Flesh
4 Hideous Laughter
3 Phyrexian Arena
4 Golgari Signet
3 Sensei’s Divining Top

Lands (24):
1 Miren, the Moaning Well
1 Shizo, Death’s Storehouse
4 Llanowar Wastes
17 Swamp
1 Forest

Sideboard (15):
4 Nightmare Void
4 Naturalize
3 Execute
4 Cranial Extraction
That's Poker Baby!
inresponse
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:08 pm
We've added putrefys over rend flsh, since the green splash is already there. Being able to kill dragons and jittes game 1 is very important, and it seems necessary to include an answer.
T2_Fr33K
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:54 pm
I'm not sure kagemaro works with all of your cheap spells? I don't think he'll be big enough to be a bomb without splashing blue for draw or something.
physcosick
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:39 pm
Its a bomb against aggro as long as he is 3 or more. Then aggro gets tore up and either has to start over or go into top deck mode........ depending on the build they could get wasted draws.... like Tolsimir without any birds of elves for mana..... or glorius anthem without any creatures.......
anyways.... Helldozer isn't good. It's just a big guy with not that great of an ability. I can't see how it can help much in a game. You should be trying to win rather then worrying about your opponents lands. That said, if yu want a beater go with Gleancrawler. It's good with Kokushos cause if they die when you play the 2nd one, they go back to your hand..... it should work out better in the long run. And it is a beater since it is bigger then Helldozer (just by a little) and has trample with a somewhat synergisitc ability with the Kokushos and Kagemaros.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:52 pm
Without any sort of Birds of Paradise or Llanowar elves, I'm not sold on helldozer. By the time you get him out, they shouldn't be affected by losing a land or two.
inresponse
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:29 pm
Helldozer is ridiculously powerful against gifts, fungus fire, and Flores Blue. He can singlehandedly destroy 6 lands in 3 turns, while still attacking. Even when is land destruction abaility is useless, he still has a 6 power and can block scarab all day.

WIth Phyrexian Arena, Kagemaro stays very large. Also, Sensei's divining top can turn into a card at any time, making your hand effectively one card large while it is in play. When he hits, he is usually at least a 4/4, giving you plenty of power points to wipe the board.

Acceleration is present in the form of golgari signet. It doesn't have the speed of turn 1 birds or elves, but there are fewer cards to removeit and it doesn't hava green requirement in the mana cost, making it ewasily playable without having to change the entire deck and manabase.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)