LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
76%
  [ 10 ]  76%

23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:26 pm
Of course there are other good decks. However, if I tried to list EVERY halfway decent deck style, I’d have been writing for another month or two. For this article, I tried to put out the best deck (IMO) for each culture. Three hunters wasn’t really included because it was a three-culture deck, but I suppose it should have been mentioned.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK yeah 3 hutner’s is pretty cool. and i love hobbits Very Happy but you did include a hobbit deck.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
taipan
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:10 pm
Very good!! I liked I lot! I’m not a huge fan of standart format, But I think is a very interesting article. I liked your deck list too, as BTO said, is a good reference for players.
I’ll give you a 5, don’t be angry. Wink
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
just took a look at something currently EL is pevailing with Fm a second in this months contest but it is fairly close.
EDIT third place is shdows Gondor tokens article.
just thought I would update everyone.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:33 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Nah, no way elf lvr won’t win this month! I’ll be happy if I manage to come in second!
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:04 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Not a bad article...a couple things worth pointing out.

In your Ents and IB decklists, you included ARBs. The thing is, not all IB decks and Ent decks use the appropriate ARB. Sometimes, they just use Frodo. In fact, a Gandalf RB with an Ent deck doesn’t always work. I’ve tried it.

You also might want to add in Three Hunters, as has been mentioned already, especially because of the release of Hunters. Wink Also, what about regular Hobbits-not just RBs and Smeagol? And...what about Eowyn wounding??? It works in Standard too.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:28 pm
Three Hunters Will probably be edited in. The last world winning deck was a Refuge/Eowyn deck, but... I probably ought to edit that in, too. Like I said, one good deck for each culture was included, and I think hobbit/smeagol is a bit better than an everyone knows deck, for example, but that’s really a personal opinion. Like I said, Including EVERY good standard side would be next to impossible, but if enough people feel strongly about other sides (like many people mentioned Three Hunters) I will edit more decks in.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:26 pm
Awesome article!

One thing though:
Quote:
That means that any cards in those blocks, even ones that got reprinted in Reflections, are illegal for Standard play.

IIRC, the 16 non-Reflections cards in a Reflections packs weren’t reprinted. I’m pretty sure they were printed at the same time as when the rest of the cards from their original set were printed (e.g. The TTT cards in a Reflections pack were printed at the same time as the rest of the TTT cards were printed).

Still, a 5 from me!
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:34 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Oh, so THAT’S what that is all about! I couldn’t see it! Razz
I don't like YOU.
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:48 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
At the bottom of the card by the collectors info their should be a circle with a 1 in it. This means that those cards were first printings I believe.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest