LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » General Discussion » Feedback Forum
Danner
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:51 am
so i have to ask something. i sure hope im in the right forum.

how do cards, boosters, booster boxes, and starter decks get sold for such a low low price?

do they fall off the back of a truck? im sure they arent fake.

ive ordered three shipments. havent got the third yet, its being shipped. the cards were great, the singles were beautiful. the booster box was in GREAT condition. i can tell there was no bombing of cases of merchindise going on.

so how the heck can i get a reflections box for 18 dollars when decipher.com sells them for

Reflections Booster Display
What if Galadriel had accepted the One Ring from Frodo and carried it to Mount Doom? What if Elrond had chosen a fellowship o...
Member Price: $108.00
Regular Price: $120.00

or even

Box LOTR TCG: Shadows booster box 0 $19.00

Lord of the Rings TCG - Shadows Expansion Set 36-pack Booster Display Box

New paths lie ahead in Shadows, the first expansion set in the War of the Ring block!

New sites add t...
Member Price: $119.55
Regular Price: $132.84

how is this possible? it seems that even selling it at cost, it would be still 40 dollars at least.

please some explain to me how we get to be as so lucky
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:56 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think he said since he is an internet business he can sell for lowerprices and has to because of competition.
GO COBRA Cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:49 am
Think for a second about how much money it actually takes for D to make the cards. Slapping a bit of ink on pieces of paper, wrapping them up, and sending them out. Really, Cards are ridiculously overpriced. But since Cobra is a business, selling D’s product, they can sell them to him for lower prices, and still make a profit (because the cards are still sooo darn cheap to make) and then Cobra decides the price from there.

I think that’s how it works, anyway.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Cobra
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:12 pm
It’s a bit more complicated than that to manufacture cards -- there are game designers and artists to pay, licensing fees, and so on.

But even so, Elf Lvr is correct that the "manufacturer’s suggested retail price" is probably higher than it should be. In the case of online stores, which have more competition (meaning we have to offer lower prices) and less overhead (meaning we’re able to), MSRP is completely ignored and prices tend to be a LOT lower.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:32 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
So Cobra do you buy directly from D when it comes to sealed products.
Also Danner remember that, I believe, quite a bit of income on this site probably comes from singles. If cobra buys a reflections box and gets a gil-galad in it he can sell that card for $17 covering most of the cost.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Danner
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:38 pm
bobtheorc wrote:
So Cobra do you buy directly from D when it comes to sealed products.
Also Danner remember that, I believe, quite a bit of income on this site probably comes from singles. If cobra buys a reflections box and gets a gil-galad in it he can sell that card for $17 covering most of the cost.

ahh yeah... that makes some sense right there.

i got my box of refelctions, got a gil galad and a sauron. so thats what, 25 or so dollars right there.

ok. well, im dont think it would get posted but id like to know what kind of prices we are dealing with here as far as what conor buys for, then sells for (obviously already know what he sells for Razz )

but thanks for the replys guys

Forum index » General Discussion » Feedback Forum