LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
46%
  [ 7 ]  46%

40%
  [ 6 ]  40%

13%
  [ 2 ]  13%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 15
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:29 pm
(stabs self) five from me too...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:59 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
good article. Yeah i got a deja vu feeling and that contradiction is kinda bad. 11 events in enough?

if you play 2 every turn you will run out by site 7. and if someone is playing a good swarm or a half decent beatdown you will have to play a lot i guess you have the BB to replay if you have playtested this is that normally enough events?

the main roblem is if anarion dies the deck pretty much crumbles that is the problem with all single companion focused decks. I would include another copy or 2 of him they could also help with healing.

1 big problem would be if someone dropped a desert lord with a few seasoned laeder anarion exhaustewd and you have a tank of a minion with no good fighting companions.

i guess you could add threats and use pippin though.
but anarion is still neutralized
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:21 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Yup. Or a fine Mumak Commander(pavise)/ Bill Ferny combo would crack it from distance.
However, i think that the events are enough and well-balanced.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:20 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
11 events in enough?

if you play 2 every turn you will run out by site 7. and if someone is playing a good swarm or a half decent beatdown you will have to play a lot i guess you have the BB to replay if you have playtested this is that normally enough events?

Aye, it’s enough. I don’t usually have to play many until site 4, and also keep in mind that Banners Blowing can be used twice. That really changes it to 15 events, which are usually used at sites 4-9.

Quote:
the main roblem is if anarion dies the deck pretty much crumbles that is the problem with all single companion focused decks. I would include another copy or 2 of him they could also help with healing.

Another couple copies wouldn’t solve the problem of Anarion dying. I use the deck a lot, and even if Anarion dies (which is very very seldom) the rest of my companions still have a good chance of winning. I could add a copy or 2 of Anarion for healing purposes, but I’d have to take out other valuable cards.
Quote:
1 big problem would be if someone dropped a desert lord with a few seasoned laeder anarion exhaustewd and you have a tank of a minion with no good fighting companions.

Once the Desert Lord is exhausted, I can wound him with Aragorn. Very Happy

Quote:
i guess you could add threats and use pippin though.
but anarion is still neutralized

Yeah, he’d be neutralized for a turn or 2, but I have confidence in my backup companions.

corvus wrote:
Yup. Or a fine Mumak Commander(pavise)/ Bill Ferny combo would crack it from distance.

Mumak Commander with Pavise could definitely be a problem. I think this deck would be great against Bill Ferny though, since it has plenty of pumps for the Ring-bearer.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well if you were fighting fierce in despair deck you would want more anarion
IDK I am trying to figure out what to rate this.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gate Troll
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:40 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
I give a 4. It made me think. Think
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:50 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Pretty good article AC. My objections have already been raised.
I think that you wrote a very good article. My only complaints would have to do with the actual deck, and the fact that you sorta already explained this deck in the deck clinic.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:13 am
Sweet deck Very Happy

Will vote soon.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:12 pm
Thanks for the votes!

Could the person who gave me a 3 please let me know why? I’d like to know what people think could be improved in this article.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:13 pm
I didn’t I gave you a 4.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest