LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
46%
  [ 7 ]  46%

40%
  [ 6 ]  40%

13%
  [ 2 ]  13%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 15
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:44 am
BearerOfWisdom wrote:
Try using The Highest Quality (That is close to the actual title, I don’t have it memorized). You don’t have to exert Anarion when using it and it still weakens down the minions (Sauron can be chumped with about two events at this rate).

The other events I use are vastly superior to The Highest Quality in this deck. I’d much rather have a cheap +2/+4 strength event than a strength event that requires exertions and cannot be used if I have several burdens.
Quote:
Another favorite I had with this guy was Gandalf with ’Sharpen Your Swords’. Gandalf lends alot to the burden removal (like Glamdring and Watch and Wait). This also gives the ability to use G for Grand as well. In this scenario all your companions get a boost and Anarion needs fewer skirmish events to really be tanked up. If you want to risk a larger fellowship then Ents with Ent Draughts can add to the vitality of Anarion as well. Just some thoughts...

It would have to be a very different type of deck if I added Gandalf in. This deck has a very small amount of room for change, since so many of the cards are essentials. Adding Gandalf would take a lot of the focus off of Anarion, and the deck is focused on Anarion. In addition, Sharpen Your Swords would not work with Anarion’s skirmish ability, since it is a Gandalf event.

Adding Ents wouldn’t work either, since I would have to devote a hefty amount of deck space to just get an extra vitality of Anarion. It wouldn’t be worth it at all.

Thanks for the suggestions, although I don’t think any of them would work in this deck. Wink

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
BearerOfWisdom
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:34 pm
I don’t understand how the burdens coincide with the exerts? Unless you are talking about keeping Boromir wound free... Just some ideas. I mentioned them only because I used Anarion in a deck (I had literally 15 events though) and used Banners to heal when the Gondorian guys won so the exerts were no big deal. It is cool to see someone else putting Anarion to the test though.
I tend to use Gandalf alot. There isn't any other character in the game as useful or powerful. I also focus on decks that work together free people and minion.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:20 pm
To use The Highest Quality, my companions that are exerted need to have a total resistance of 12 or more. If I have, say, 4 burdens, it could be difficult to achieve that goal.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
BearerOfWisdom
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:39 pm
It has been awhile since I played that card (or even that deck) it ticked off my friends so I just sort of put it away, mixing that combo with Wraiths and Aragorn (healing one) was pretty nasty. Have fun
I tend to use Gandalf alot. There isn't any other character in the game as useful or powerful. I also focus on decks that work together free people and minion.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest