LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
orian
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:56 am
Gandalf’s staff, ash staff 11R34

Each time bearer wins a skirmish, choose a shadow player who must wound a minion
=> on LOTR online, first we put the wounds from a skirmish and then only we ask the opponent’s to wound another minion. For example, if gandalf skirmishes against a frenzied orc (3 life points), is damage+2 and the only other minion on the field is exhausted, both die with no choice for the shadow player.

Treebeard, enraged shepherd 15R38

Each time Treebeard wins a skimish, the first shadow player must exert X minions, where X is the difference between Treebeard’s strength and the losing character’s strength
=> on LOTR Online, first we put the exerts and then the wounds resulting from the skirmish. so if the only minion on field is a frenzied orc (3 life points) and Treebeard is damage +1, then he dies. (1 exert and then 2 wounds)

to me, the 2 cards are not logically working together.
my question is: how do you do IRL? is LOTR online mistaken? and if not, what is the reason?

thx
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:25 am
I think you might be playing Treebeard wrong actually. The way I have always played it is that first he has to win the skirmish. The reason I say that is because that the reaction of exerting comes after he wins the skrimish. Therefore wounds would already be assigned, then you would exert the other minions. There fore when Gandalf wins a skirmish he can kill someone with his staff. Hope I helped.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:41 am
Placing wounds for winning the skirmish and exerting minions for Treebeard’s text are both mandatory actions. As such, the Free Peoples player chooses in which order to do them.
All cards do what they say.
orian
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:00 pm
k Bib, logic! thx
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions