LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
ingold55
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:12 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
yah, some of those cards are crazy. host of udun though i like the fact it has twenty one strength. but it is out ragious. i wish they would make a stronger aragorn. something like 12 strength. Very Happy i am an aragorn fan if you didn't know. Wink
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:59 pm
ingold55 wrote:
yah, some of those cards are crazy. host of udun though i like the fact it has twenty one strength. but it is out ragious. i wish they would make a stronger aragorn. something like 12 strength. Very Happy i am an aragorn fan if you didn't know. Wink

Army of Udun is 19 strength and common, Siege Troop is 20 strength and common, and Host of Udun has 21 strength and is uncommon.

Whenever you have minions with more strength than 12, I think they should be RARE!
ingold55
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:19 pm
Quote:
Army of Udun is 19 strength and common, Siege Troop is 20 strength and common, and Host of Udun has 21 strength and is uncommon

yah those. Laughing
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:42 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
theOmnipotentOne wrote:
ingold55 wrote:

Army of Udun is 19 strength and common, Siege Troop is 20 strength and common, and Host of Udun has 21 strength and is uncommon.

Whenever you have minions with more strength than 12, I think they should be RARE!

i believe that the army of udun is uncommon
and i dont think rarity should be made on how strong a minion is by itself
in y hobbit deck merry can and has been stong enough to beat sauron in both skirmishes the regular and the fierce
so... big minons wont do alot if they dont have good effects
thats why durins bane is common!!

~Josiah
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 pm
josiah_of_rohan wrote:
theOmnipotentOne wrote:
ingold55 wrote:

i believe that the army of udun is uncommon
and i dont think rarity should be made on how strong a minion is by itself
in y hobbit deck merry can and has been stong enough to beat sauron in both skirmishes the regular and the fierce
so... big minons wont do alot if they dont have good effects
thats why durins bane is common!!

~Josiah

Army is uncommon, thank you for pointing out.

I'm not saying Rarity should be based on strength along. But when you have cards that have such high strength that you need at lest 3 or so events to allow your companions (stronger companions) beat them, that card should be rare and even unique. Cards with really good abilites should be rare as much as 21 strength minions.

Well, Durin's Bane has 3 things that signifigatly impact the amount it's used. First, 12 twilight to play. Second, only underground. Third, He's The only minion that can be out (as well as he's unique).

Siege Troop has 3 more strength and costs 4 (or 6) less than the Balrog.
Army has 2 more strength and costs 3 (or 5) less and has threat adding and strength boosting abilities.
Host has 4 more strength and costs 2 (or 4) less than the Balrog, and can cost even less if you have enough threats...

This the empitamy of brokenness...
ingold55
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:47 pm
•Guards of the citadel Gondor

companion man
Knight defender +1

strength 9
vitality 3
resistance 7

while bearing a hand weapon, Guards of the citadel is strength +2. while Guards of the citadel is bearing a ranged weapon, the fellowship archery total is +1.
while at sites 3 and 5 wound Guards of the citadel to cancle a skimish involving an unbound Gondor companion.
Last edited by ingold55 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in totalThere is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

ingold55
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:24 pm
glamdring
bain of balrogs

strength +2
bearer must be gandalf
while skirmishing a balrog, gandalf is strength +2 (or +4 if at site five [fellowship]).
exert gandalf to wound a minion he is skirmishing once (or twice if that minion is the balrog.)

ingold55
Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:31 pm
Ok, where is every body? Sad nobody wants to write some ideas out for cards? Crying or Very sad

AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:06 pm
ingold55 wrote:
glamdring
bain of balrogs

strength +2
bearer must be gandalf
while skirmishing a balrog, gandalf is strength +2 (or +4 if at site five [fellowship]).
exert gandalf to wound a minion he is skirmishing once (or twice if that minion is the balrog.)

Several things:

Bain should be spelled as Bane.
You need a twilight cost, and you should list the type of card (Possession • Hand Weapon).
I’d change the site thingy to work at any site 5.
The exert-to-wound ability is way too powerful. Exert-to-wound abilities should have a bigger cost, or be harder to use.
In addition, writing with completely undercase letters makes the card look really sloppy. Take a look at how much better it can look:

2 •Glamdring, Bane of Balrogs Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gandalf.
While skirmishing a Balrog, Gandalf is strength +2 (or +4 if the fellowship is at any site 5).
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf to exert a minion he is skirmishing (or wound that minion if it is a Balrog).
"There was a ringing clash...."
16 R 25

Doesn’t that look nicer? Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:36 pm
dude your good! Very Happy thanks for showing me those thing. Smile it deffinatly look a hundred times better! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards