LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

66%
  [ 2 ]  66%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
r2d2quino
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:31 am
I can see you point (am I too late to be discussing this?). However, if you think that you’d want to play Nether Traitor on the second turn, then you wouldn’t play Dark Confidant on it, right? Oh, and is the side-board coming up any time soon? I liked this build, I’m thinking on netdecking it.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:41 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
He doesn’t need to play Nether Traitor on turn 2, it’s just a VERY cool sac outlet. It doesn’t matter in which turn he plays it. But I’m still not sold out on Confidant, he seems like a painful little fella.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:51 pm
r2d2quino wrote:
I can see you point (am I too late to be discussing this?). However, if you think that you’d want to play Nether Traitor on the second turn, then you wouldn’t play Dark Confidant on it, right? Oh, and is the side-board coming up any time soon? I liked this build, I’m thinking on netdecking it.

Well, my thought process (whihc usually works) is that I want eight cards to play on any given turn. If I want a one-drop, I’ll play at least 8 1-mana creatures. By the same token, I need nether traitor to not be the only two drop I have because I won’t always draw it. If I have "the hand" of husk, traitor, and Teysa, I’ll undoubtedly drop a turn two traitor. I would rather play confidant if the only part of the combo I have is traitor, though.

My plan:

Two drops
4 Traitor
4 Confidant

Three Drops:
4 Husk
4 Teysa

of the important cards.

if I switched that to

Turn Two:
4 Nether Traitor

Turn Three:
4 Arena
4 Husk
4 Teysa

I would very easily get no two drop and two three drops. My way, I’m running a smoother mana curve.

Yes, it is past voting on the article, but it’s still fun, so it’s not too late!
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:41 pm
La_Sin_Grail wrote:

Husk Strikes Back

4 Nantuko Husk
4 Nether Traitor
4 Dauthi Slayer
4 Bad Moon
4 Plagued Rusalka
4 Teysa, Orzhov Scion = 4 Golgari Germination
3 Ghost Council of Orzhova = ??? (Mortipede? nah... ?Moldervine Cloak? Fallen Ideal? Savra?)
4 Mortify = 4 Putrefy
3 Withered Wretch
4 Dark confidant

4 Godless Shrine = 4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Flagstones of Trokair = 4 Forests
2 Plains = 2 Llanowar Wastes
12 Swamp

Not to mention interaction thallids and accelerators...
So, how does that sound? Viable?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:01 am
I’m not sure why you would want to swap green for white?

Personally, I find that having Teysa is useful with a bad moon just for the body, and mortify is better than putrefy for enchantment killing, but of course those differences are miniscule. I’m just curious what you’re trying to achieve by changing the color for a seemingly unnoticable difference?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:28 pm
Curious, that’s it. Since I don’t have Badmoon and traded away my Ghost Councils, and I’ve just got 4 Nether Traitors, I’m eager to try a hand at this build with cards I DO have on a FNM, no other reason, it’s fine as it is. Also, I can consider it as a base for my fungus deck. Wink
I don't like YOU.
r2d2quino
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:01 pm
Black and white seems better. But with Green, then you can use Savra! Looks cooler than Teysa.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:15 pm
Erm... Teysa makes an infinate kill combo and only costs three mana.

Savra makes a decent creature destruction combo for four mana where you have to pay life. Teysa+Nether+Husk going infinate is definately beast Razz

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest