LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
Ilvaldi
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:12 pm
Um.. I’m new to this. Friend recommended this site to post my deck idea. So, um, here it is, a deck completely based on coin flipping:

CREATURES------8
4 Spark elemental
4 Molten Sentry

SORCERIES------12
4 Fiery Gambit
4 Game of Chaos
4 Mana Clash

INSTANTS--------12
4 desperate gambit
4 desperate ritual
4 seething song

ENCHANTMENTS----4
4 Goblin bomb

ARTIFACTS----4
4 krark’s thumb

LANDS----20
20 mountains
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:06 pm
I um.. cough cough... don't know who could have possibly recommended you... anyway, I'm thinking a way to recur krark's thumb, because even with your luck, you can't win all the flips without it.

One other thing: http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/IA/Amulet_of_Quoz.html
Cobra
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:15 pm
Welcome! Smile

Very cool deck idea, I'd love to hear how it does in actual gameplay.

I'm no expert, but I also think there's too much reliance on Krark's Thumb, and you need some way to protect it and/or pull another copy fast if it's destroyed. Maybe Welding Jar and Goblin Welder or something. Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Ilvaldi
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:43 pm
Thanks for the comments. I knew it from the beggining that the thumb would be the concern for critique. But then, I t wouldn't be fun.

If you guys know about the whole timmy, johnny, and spike deal (if not go to http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/mr11 to take a test. It is very self explanatory), I happen to, at least once, been either a timmy, johnny, or spike. Currently, I am a johnny and I prefer a deck that is fun and not overpowered. If krark's thumb was heavily used on the deck, would it really be a coin flipping deck? Or would it be "I play this and this happens instead of that becuase i know so"?

NO. I don't want that to happen with a deck like that. Imagione: Game of Chaos + Krark's thumb= (In a multiplayer concept) "hey you, I leeched 1 from you. You, I leeched 2 life. You, I leeched 8 and then 16--goodbye. Back to you again---your dead. As for you, I'm not going to leech your life cause I have a life total of 143 and a whole lot of more cheap-ass spells that wouldn't be if I didn't have krark's thumb in play.

Therefore, the games would get tiring and boring and wouldn't fun and random as the deck was intentionally supposed to be. However, if you would like, you could make your own modifications to the deck to make it all-powerful or fun or both. I would like to hear them.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:15 pm
For those of you who don't know him, ilvaldi has the best luck of anybody I know. And I know a lot of people. I'd bet he wins 60-40 or better even w/o the thumb in play.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)