LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:55 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin pulled himself up on his hands and knees. Everyone appeared to have left. Pulling out some cordial Durail had given him he drunk a third of it the effect wasn’t instant healing but he knew it would help him a ton. He crawled around gathering his weapon. Then realization struck him like a bolt. The sorcerer he had fired at was not the same one as the dark figure who had had the half-troll and talked to him. He pulled himself up feeling like he could walk.
He couldn’t find much evidence aside from orc bodies. Obviously Corvus had been busy. Tuilin felt more befuddled then anyone. "well My main comfort is none of these dark sorcerers care enough about me to take me captive or even make sure I am dead." Then he sat down and began to think what his goals were and what to do next grabbing a piece of bark and a sharp stone he wrote them down.
1. Find Durail and try to figure out what is going on.
2. somehow neutralize the sorcerers.
3. Figure out which sorcerer engineered the killing of my family.
4. Find out how many different Enemies we have here.
5. Kill all the enemies.
"not necessarily in that order" he thought aloud.
Tuilin decided to make a fire and sleep with the cordial working if he could get some good rest the sooner he could be back in the battle. "I wish this was as straightforward as a battle" Then he ate some of the lembas and drank some elven water. After that he put out his fire climbed into the hollow of a tree and went to sleep.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:41 pm
Lyon followed the dark-armored figure, one sword in hand. He did not know who this was, or what he was here for, but Lyon did not intend to go quietly.

They came to a fallen tree, and as the figure took a moment to step over it, Lyon lashed out with his blade. Fast as lightning, the armored warrior spun around and grabbed the sword with his gauntleted hand. Lyon tried to move the sword, but it would not budge. The figure turned full around, and with its other hand, casually broke Lyon’s grip on his sword. Taking the blade in one hand, he turned and stepped over the fallen tree.

"Good try, but I expected better. Thank you for the weapon. I’m sure I shall need it," it said.

Still, Lyon could not shake the feeling that the voice was not of this world. He shook his head, and, with one hand on his other sword’s hilt, he stepped over the tree. As the figure turned to face the path again, Lyon noticed something strange. The figure bore a golden ring on his finger, with a large black stone set in the middle. Lyon’s eyes widened in surprise and suspicion. Surely, this could not, be... He turned on his elven premonition, and continued to follow.

The path wound through the forest for hours, it seemed, but eventually they came to a clearing in the forest. Here, the figure turned, and flourished Lyon’s sword.

"You wanted your chance to fight. Do it now."

Lyon thought hard. It was already obvious that his sword could not pierce this soldier’s armor. He needed another plan. Lyon caught sight of the amored figure’s ring again. He had to know...

Lyon rushed forward with a wild yell, sword swinging in one powerful arc. The soldier parried easily, but Lyon shoved him back, still holding their swords together, and pinned the warrior against a tree and their swords across their chests. He reached his hand underneath the soldier’s helmet and pulled up...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
corvus
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:10 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Corvus , his bow ready in hand, stealthily jumped from treetop to treetop, following the few survivors of the elves’ wrath. Every now and then, he would nock an arrow and send it against an orc stranded from the main group. About an hour later, the orcs seemed to enter some form of cave... "So this is your hideout" whispered Corvus as he saw some goblin guards in the cavern’s entrance.

"So this is where your pathetic forces hide. One of the last hideouts for the dark forces besides far harad and the eastern lands. Your last keep in the main land of the middle-earth and your last chance to survive, since i won’t let you get far should it fall. This time i know the lands much better towards anywhere. And once i inform my old friend Thranduil of your position, your head is mine Corax!"

Corvus smiled with pleasure and turned around to leave. Just as he turned his head, he saw a dark figure walking to the entrance. The guards fell on their knees and lowered their heads. Corvus nocked an arrow and aimed at the dark character. "So easy... too easy" The figure spoke, his voice dark as void: "Has my servant arrived?" "Yes my liege, the serpent rider is here, but he was wounded in a confrontation with elves..." replied one of the guards.

The elf recognised the voice: it was the mercenary! "Servant? Who exactly are you Morgok? Why are you both here? And how can you call a "sacred" serpent rider servant? The Nazgul were the only ones above them in hierarchy. What are you? Can my arrow penetrate you?" He clenched his teeth. He knew that should he miss, the mercenary would slay him fast using his craft. After a second or two passed, Corvus put his arrow back in his quiver.

"Thranduil will take care of you. All of you. Foolish orcs, you walked into the wolf’s mouth. We are surrounded by allies and you with enemies." Corvus carried on his climbing on the trees with utter attention. An hour later, he watched from afar the entrance of the king’s castle. The noble ranger caught a strange flying thing in the air, and whispered some Sintar magic words to it. The creature gracefully flew around him twice, as a sign of a friendly farewell and flew to the east.

Corvus walked to the castle, and greeted a few "bushes" on the way, waving his hand . The elves behind them sprung up and greeted him joyfully. He walked to the entrance and got at the main gate. "Who is there?" demanded the town guard. Raising his face and smiling, Corvus looked at the guard and said nothing. The guard returned the smile and slowly let the gate down. The king had to be informed....
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin woke up much refreshed. After eating and drinking some more elvish fare he tried to think about what to do next. He decided He needed information, information that Thranduil would have. Setting out for his Castle Tuilin noticed he was walking on a beaten path. "Looks like orcs and an elf I wonder if Corvus or Lyon went this way". Continuing Tuilin walked till the orcs trail disappeared and the elves trail reappeared and turned off into a different direction. the orcs trail had just disappeared nothing was nearby. "Seems like dark sorcery to me" Tuilin thought.. He saw Thranduils castle up ahead and walked to the gate. The attendant let him in and Tuilin walked into the halls of Thranduil.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:58 pm
... and his brother’s face stared back at him. Although it was what he had expected, Lyon was still surprised. His brother had changed much over the years. His hair was once strong and lustrous, now it was white and brittle. His face was as pale as a corpse’s, and he had deep bags beneath his eyes that were as black as midnight. But what surprised Lyon most was his brother’s eyes. Once a lightning blue, they had now glazed over with a cloudy white film. It was very much like looking at a corpse.

"Hello, my brother," Silvarin hissed, and pushed his brother back. Lyon was astounded by his strength, he nearly fell backwards. He regained his footing, and tried to meet his brother’s next assault. Their swords met, and Lyon’s was shoved back with apparent ease. Lyon charged once more, and was parried once more.

"You cannot beat me, brother. You know this. Why do you persist with struggling?"

"Why did you bring me here, Silvarin? Did you call me here to die?"

"No, brother." Silvarin smiled, slowly. For a moment, his face showed a bit of its old luster, his voice lost its unworldly quality. "They made me draw you here. I knew I could affect your foresight enough to draw you and all your friends here. Where you all will die. You know not the darkness that has been drawn to Mirkwood. With our village gone, with our elven rangers destroyed, the Easterlings and their Master have been able to roam Mirkwood at will. But I had hoped that by bringing you here, that you could kill me... and save me from my Master’s bondage."

"Brother... why then do you not let me kill you?"

Silvarin’s face hardened once more. "Because I cannot disobey my master’s orders. I must kill you."

"Who is your master? The Serpent-Rider?"

Silvarin laughed, slowly. "That fool? No. Even I am more powerful than he. He has lost his power to my master. He is only a tool. And yet you cannot even defeat him. It is pathetic. You and your friends will die."

"No. We have resources, we have..."

"That spirit-possessed fool? We know much about him. Secrets you cannot even imagine. We can kill him. We know much about the acts of spirits, believe me..."

Lyon lowered his eyes. "Your ring, brother. Is this the thing of which you speak?"

Silvarin’s lips twisted in a wicked smile. The dark quality came back to his voice. "Yes," he snarled. "Yes, it is. My master gave it to me when I deserted our village. He promised me the power to have vengence... even though it could cost me my life. I was young, I was foolish. I was all too eager to accept his gift. My first mission was my revenge upon our village. I destroyed it. My master was very pleased. Since then I have been roaming these woods, terrifying Thranduil’s pathetic soldiers. Perhaps you have heard of the Black Knight, the Terror of the Darkling Wood? Perhaps not. Thranduil knows me well enough. And now that my comrades are here, with their forces, more than the pathetic orcs I have been forced to command, they cannot stand against us. I had hoped you could kill me, brother," the darkness left his eyes once more, "but it is obvious you cannot. I will try to make this as painless as possible." Silvarin raised his right hand, and make a mystic sign with his fingers. He muttered under his breath, and a bolt of flame left his palm. Lyon swiftly dodged the magical attack. His brother charged forward, and Lyon parried once more, drawing his hunting knife as he did. As his brother turned around, Lyon uttered a spell of his own, and brought the knife, now wreathed in flame, down upon the ring on his brother’s finger. The stone in the center shattered into a thousand fragments, and a force threw both elves back to the edges of the clearing.

Silvarin screamed, a deathly, unearthly sound, and the screams continued, even as his eyes rolled and his mouth shut. A spirit was rising from the golden band upon Silvarin’s finger, like a wisp of shadow. It collected into a shape in the center of the clearing. Its body was surrounded by shadowy flame, and its skin was pale white. It appeared in the form of a rotting body, that of a king, still reathed in a royal robe, however tattered. It had a nine-pointed crown upon its head, and a spectral sword in its hands. It closed its mouth, and the screaming noise stopped. It raised the blade high over its head, and swung it down at Lyon. Lyon rolled out of the way, and caught sight of the sword passing through a fallen log. Obviously, no force in the mortal world could stop that blade.

Lyon saw his brother trying to stand, but he kept falling back. The wraith advanced again, blade raised to strike once more. Lyon tried to move, but his foot was caught on a root. He got it loose, but it was far too late.

A burst of light came through the specter’s chest. It wailed, one final time, and fell to the ground. It left the way it came, the wisps of shadow spread out across the earth and faded into the dust. Lyon looked across at his brother, whose had was still raised from the spell he had cast. Lyon ran to his brother’s side, as Silvarin lapsed into unconciousness.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:00 pm
Gognut did not like the Wizard, or the easterlings, they were not creatures of Melkor, they were partially good, more civillized, they were also trecherous, but he was not in his native moria, he was in the dark fortress of Dol Guldir. He did not know when the battle would start, but the wizard seemed busy all the time.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Pippin
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:05 pm
He was glad he had met with Tuilin. Otherwise Felendier would have walked
right into the enemy’s headquarters. Now he knew returning home would be impossible. He had no idea what had happened or might happen to his
family. There was till hope they didn’t live at Thranduil’s palace, only a small
village, and he knew the men and younger warriors in training could fend of
orc attacks.

"I can only hope that my family and Tuilin ar- Tuilin!" Then he rushed
back to where they had been ambushed and hoped to find his friend.
as Pipeweed once said: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeClick Here Please!
Cobra Cards: Dying body filled with thriving cells.
My have's and wantsPopcornMy trade refrences
corvus
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:02 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Corvus walked past the ancient corridors of the elenv palace, and rushed towards the throne room. He stood at the entrance, and talked to the doorwarden: "Namarie Tharaviel. Long time no see." "Namarie Corvus, indeed" smiled back the guard. "Inform the king that i have arrived for an important issue." The tall elf bowed slightly as a greeting and entered the room. A few seconds later, he opened the doors wide open and announced Corvus’ arrival formally: "Enter Corvus, son of Argelion."

The elven ranger hastily walked towards the throne, and bowed at the king. Thranduil noded and said smiling: "Aww Corvus, this isn’t necessary between us. Our friendship has endured many. And something tells me that so it shall once more." Corvus noded with his head and awaited. "Welcome to my halls, old friend. Have my old powers left me, or do you carry news of war, other than your greeting?"

Corvus raised his head, and looked at Thranduil’s deep green eyes. "Hail Thranduil, lord of my kin. remember i am a green elf. My greetings i bring to thy blessed halls once more. Alas, my coming here is more than just a pleasant spider hunting trip. I have come here after the successful siege of Hadhodrod. The second is here once more." Corvus’ eyes grew darker as he spelled the last sentence.

King Thranduil stood up with a sudden jerk, and his eyes filled with fear. "What? He is behind the assault i suffered? Curse him!". Corvus raised his hands as a sign of calmness, "No, no my lord, the serpent rider is no threat nowadays. After the little one was slain, all brothers lost their magical bond and their powers were decreased." "Indeed", said the king and stood back at the wooden carved throne, lowering his forehead on his palm.

"Yet, another greater threat has come here" Carried on Corvus. "The mercenary who slew the lord of the river." "Morgok? The one? Sauron’s secret weapon is here? The kingdom is in greater danger than i ever imagined." "That is why i took initiative and informed king Brand, the lord of Dale and asked for his aid in this dark hour. His troops have returned from the last battle in the west and have rested enough. They are honest men, and they are bound to honor our alliance."

"Indeed, my friendship with Brand still endures, and he shall help me should he be asked to. What are the enemy’s......" As the king spoke, the door flung wide open, and an a tall blond elf entered the room. "Prince Legolas! Namarie!" Exclaimed Corvus and bowed. Instead of bowing, Legolas walked all the way to the elf and huged him with such strength, that he let out a small scream....

"What news from the wild?" said the prince smiling. "And mostly what is your orc count?" "My count is certainly smaller to yours my lord, said Corvus, "as you have made our kin proud in numerous battles the past few years it is echoed. But it is bound to grow those days."

"My king, aside from those great enemies, i sence even more great powers growing within your forests. We must prepare to march against the enemy. We must at least keep them at bay." The king stood silent for a few moments, and then he spoke in a low tone: "My people are tired of fighting. But should it be one last time, we are more than eager to join the battle. As long as we are bound to get reinforcements..."

Corvus smiled. Just as the king had finished his words, Tuilin was formally announced and entered the room...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:49 am
Tuilin walked in looking around. Corvus was there and Thranduil and another elf who could only be Legolas. Thranduil looked troubled and if something was enough to trouble Thranduil things were not good. Corvus quickly briefed him on what had happened. Tuilin stepped forward and spoke"Yes we must attack with whatever we have but we need to find Durail, he has knowledge of Morgok and Ithildon is with him. That would give us 2 more fighters. If we could find Berethor Feleandier, and Lyon our company would be complete." though Tuilin had barely even seen Berethor it sounded like he could be useful in a battle and he knew that Lyon and Feleandier could carry their weight in orcs. "I propose you send out your scouts to find these people". Corvus seemed to agree and Thranduil spoke"...
"DáinIronfoot"
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:12 pm
Durail and Ithildon were walking in the direction of Thranduil’s hall.It would be several more miles before they got there.

I wonder if I’ll be any use there, thought Ithildon

Suddenly, while in the middle of this thought, several orcs jumped out from behind the bushes.

Ithildon drew his mighty bow and strung 2 arrows. He aimed and fired, the arrows whistled threw the air, and struck one orc in the middle of the head, and another orc right beside him. Then Ithildon put his back to a tree, and Durail did the same.

Ithildon then drew his sword, and cut off the heads of two orcs, and then rushed to the aid of Durail, who was beset by at least 10 orcs.....
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One thing to bring them all
And In the darkness bind them

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing