LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:45 pm
Maybe this is just me, but this RPG is getting very anti-climatic I’m starting to forget names.

The invaders were somewhere in the forest, the men were easy enough to track, but the elves were too stealthy to be updated on their whereabouts.

The woods were not as dark as moria, but they were dark, dark enough for the orc to be comfertable.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:30 pm
So far, I’ve managed to keep the names straight."

Lyon had been walking for hours, helping his brother along the whole way. Did he forgive him? Lyon was not quite sure. All he knew was that he could not leave his brother alone in the woods.

They had gona far, and Lyon’s knowledge of the forest trails had proven usefull. However, they did not dare stop for a drink, one could never be sure where the Dark River flowed.

After so long in wandering, they had finally come to the gates of Thraduil’s palace. For some reason, the guards were not about, there must have been things going on elsewhere. Lyon did not notice however. As he stepped into the halls, memories came flowing back, he knew how to walk these halls.

Tuilin had just finished speaking as Lyon stumbled through the doors with his brother on his back. He looked at the surprised faces of his friends, and let himself slip into unconciousness.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
corvus
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:53 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Just as Tuilin had finished his proposition, Corvus noded in agreement with him. Having as many good fighters as possible on his side, would be of great importance, as the main forces of shadow had gathered against them. King Thraduil spoke aloud: "I am deeply sorry that your friends are lost. I will send some of my best troops to look for them. In these times of peril it is that we must be united."

Corvus, Ithildon and Legolas didn’t seem to pay much attention to him though. Frowning, the king turned around to see a fallen elf, and another one standing beside him, calling him: "Lyon, Lyon awake!" Corvus walked towards the elf in the strange armor, grabbed him and yelled: "You! What did you do to him? Haven’t you caused enough harm already? What did you do to your brother?"

Prince Legolas whispered to his father: "We might not have to send those scouts out after all... Not if the men find their own path..." Thranduil looked at his son, smiled deeply and said: "Your powers have grown, good!" Silvarin raised his eyes on Corvus and said faintly: "We are together once more. Even for a little while. You wouldn’t understand... you cannot imagine the meaning of this commotion with your weak preminition powers, green elf."

"Watch your tongue!" Hissed Corvus. "You are no more than a farmboy yourself! We both descend from Ossiriant, either you like it or not. Now what has happened to Lyon? Speak and save your blood." Sivarin, his eyes half-closed, lost their brightness and he fell next to his brother. King Thranduil shouted: "Guards! Put those elves in some of our guest rooms. They need to rest." The armored guards followed their leader’s command.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin thought that most everyone was reacting favorable to his plan. IN the meantime he didn’t no what to do. He walked up to Corvus as an idea had dawned upon him. "corvus, maybe the two of us should go out for a bit to try to take down Corax and make things that much easier. While the others rest and collect here we can eliminate a threat". Corvus nodded and after collecting their armor and weapons and notifying Thranduil of their plan they set out.

GN maybe you could have an encounter with us. though it could leave you scarred Smile
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:52 pm
Tuilin and Corvus set out in the wilderness once more. Tuilin’s idea to stike while the iron was still hot seemed quite a good idea to follow. The sorcerer had quite a wound caused to him, so he was pretty much unable to fight well. Moreover, the dark forces had no idea that Corvus already knew of the location of their headquarters. Surprise and assassination was their mission!

The two elves walked under Corvus’ guidance, since he was the one that knew the exact location of the cavern, and had better knowledge of the forest. They carefully crossed the forest and found themselves hidden behind a large tree. The two goblin guards never saw anything suspicious until a deadly arrow stroke down each. The two rangers, holding their bows in their hands, entered into the smaller halls of the cave.

They were as stealthy as possible, and tended to hide at every moving shadow passing by. They stood no chance should they be found. The elves walked for some minutes, noticing the large rooms filled with orcs, easterlings and even spiders. If one noticed them, they were doomed. Swiftly and silently, they feld from those passages and found a room barred by a wooden door. Corvus stopped beside it and whispered: "He is here, i feel it..." They had to take action...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin watched concerned as foes appeared to be everywhere but none of them noticed the stealthy duo. after going for what seemed like hours They got to a door and Corvus said he thought Corax was in there. Corvus pulled out a picklock and after a few seconds the lock clicked Corvus counted to three and they threw it open Corax was in a throne and looked at them, then raised his hand and uttered a spell, a ball of energy came flying at them. Corvus jumped one way and Tuilin the other. Tuilin shot an arrow at corax hoping to keep him distracted for a bit. Then he drew his sword and a dagger, and attacked a mean-looking uruk next to Corax’s throne. The uruk pulled out a scimitar and a flail swinging the flail at Tuilin he brought his sword into a ready position. Tuilin ducked and swung his sword the orc parried and the duel had begun...
to be continued
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:37 pm
Corvus swiftly put his bow on his back, after firing a quick but missed arrow to intimidate the sorcerer. His hands felt the avenger’s hilt, and drew it with pleasure. Its ancient blade lusted for Corax’s blood, which was shown by the heavy strike it brought on the wizard’s throne. But Corax fled from the blow the elf had managed, and spoke aloud another spell in the tongue of Mordor. Corvus was ready to dodge something like a fireball, or magic missile, but... nothing happeden.

Corax stood in front of Corvus, who was quite nervous, but the evil sorcerer was smiling instead of being worried for his failed spell. Corvus knew why...

"Last time you heard it before you killed my brother, what happened? Let me remember, your dear wife died? Yes, i cursed you in the name of the One! Corvus, sworn slayer of the serpet rides! as if mocking Corvus AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" With the deafening laughter, such a horrible scream came from Corvus, that right after he heard the orcs from the other rooms yelling: "Lammoth, Lammoth!" With all his deep hatred, Corvus threw his blade against his opponent. The sword floated in the air for less than a second. But what a second it was!

The avenger pierced the sorcerer through the belly, and he let out a scream of agony. he tried to remove the blade, but Corvus, fierce in despair, jumped on him and stirred the sword, deepening the cuts even more. Corvus then drew his dagger and stabbed his enemy between the eyes. The sorcerer’s hateful expression on the face faded, and his face remained still and totally expressionless.

Corvus stood on him and let out one final screech. He took no notice of the orc’s loud talking, as they daren’t leave their rooms in fear of a strange enemy, nor the screams of Tuilin and his enemy. He just stood there, stabbing his swords even deeper in his dead opponent and wondering what his terrible curse meant this time...
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:05 pm
Lyon awake and his vision dissapeared. He had seen first an army of Easterlings, burning down Mirkwood, then, a river of fire flowing through underground depths. Finally, he had seen a dark room filled with the spirits of the dead, arranged in a circle around the body of a man...

Lyon wiped the sweat from his brow, and looked around the room he was in. His brother, still in black armor, was standing by the wall, looking out a window. Silvarin turned slowly, and Lyon could see tears in his eyes.

"Brother..." Silvarin began, but Lyon cut him off.

"No, Silvarin. Nothing needs to be said."

Silvarin smiled, obviously relieved.
"But now brother, let me help you. I need to make up for what I have done, and kill the sorceror who enslaved me."

"You mean Corax?"

"Him? No, he is not powerful enough. Besides, your friends have already dealt with him. I can feel it. He did not go without a price... I will speak no more of it. Grab your sword, brother. We are going to meet your friends. And maybe we can kill some orcs along the way."

Lyon smiled. "Sounds like a plan." He leapt up, and grabbed Aruthrin and its sheath off of a side table. Together, the two brothers left the room.

They walked in the forest for some time, following the other elves’ trail with the tracking skills they had mastered in their childhood. Soon, they came to the orcs’ cave. They slunk along the walls, hoping to see some sign of their comrades....
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:30 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Elendion took a deep breath, standing in counsel with Thranduil. "Well, my lord, why am I summoned?"

The Elvenking took a step forward, thinking. "It is new word that has come to my ears. We have discovered evil dwelling in Mirkwood, an evil that we have not met before. Not as bad as that which we fought off...but bad."

"And?"

"This is not the only reason I have summoned you. I have summoned you regarding that which you were entrusted with on the day of the seige."

"Thranduil, I barely recall..."

"Silvan has been tossing in a half-sleep. And the words he muttered...’Fallen brother’, ’Deceiver’, ’Corrupted One’...what do they mean? Do they mean anything to you?"

"No, nothing..." murmured Elendion... "except, perhaps...no-I cannot recall it. But it was there...I know it. The thought has been forgotten."

Thranduil sighed. "It is all too difficult..."
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:23 am
Tuilin parried the sword blow and dodged the flail. Leaping forward he swung his sword only to have it effortlessly shoved to the side. He went to the ground and kicked out. The uruk hadn’t been expecting that and stumbled. Tuilin leapt up and brought his sword down hard. The uruk barely parried it but swung his flail and Tuilin had to leap back. As the uruk got up Tuilin jumped towards him again. His feet collided with the orc and sent it flying into the wall. Then Tuilin heard a few words uttered in the black tongue. He stopped short they had come from Corax. "oh Corvus" he said silently he knew it was a curse and given enough time could figure out what it would do. But he didn’t have that time now. He enveloped the moment in the folds of his memory memorizing the exact tone and pronunciation of Corax then he turned to finish off his foe. They clashed at close range, the uruk unable to bring his flail into play. Then Tuilin took a deft step back and threw his dagger the uruk stumbled, Tuilin charged and swung his sword. The uruks head tumbled to the ground. "Well thats that" Tuilin said as he turned around. Then he heard a sickening sounds he spun around the orc had grown another head. He attacked removing an arm and a leg. Within a few seconds they were back. The uruk cackled. Tuilin started speaking as he attacked "you can do arms and legs"he said as he chopped them off "and heads" as he removed its. "but can you do... Hearts" he spoke as the orc was still recovering its sword arm and thrust his blade of elvish steel into the uruks heart. The uruk seemed to become a cloud and black energy and disappeared. Tuilin picked up his sword. It seemed to speak to argue with him. It seemed infused with black energy. Tuilin mentally battled it for what to him was eternity but no everyone else was only a few seconds. Finally he mastered the sword he felt satisfied but tired. He quaffed down a quick sip of elvish water. And looked at the sword. It didn’t seem changed but Tuilin could feel the power in it. Smiling he sheathed and walked towards corvus who was sitting down his head in his hands. We probably should be going. Corvus nodded mutely and they prepared to leave
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing