LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:38 pm
As the elves stood in the forest, none of them made a movement. Through the trees only a faint wind came, gently blowing Lyon’s long hair from his eyes. He didn’t blink. In the distance, the sound of the approaching army could be heard. Lyon knew that already the archers would be fighting them.

"Alright," whispered Silvarin. Despite his quiet tone, every elf heard his words. "Let it begin." Slowly, surely, he walked forward into the forest. Moving as one, the elven host followed him. The sounds of battle drew nearer. Silvarin raised his hand, closed his eyes, and began muttering under his breath, preparing a spell. Now they could hear the death cries of orcs quite easily, and the sound of metal on metal was easily recognized. Just before they were to step into the heat of battle, Silvarin halted.

"Know this, Morgok, wherever you are. Even death shall not keep me from my vengance." With that, he stepped into the fight.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
ingold55
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:42 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail grimmaced.

"They are striking before the elves have set up defence lines from the looks of things..." Durail started talking to himself under his breath. "at any rate, we defeated them this round, but there attack was fast and hard. I have a strange fealing..." he trailed off.

"Morgok is leading them!" Durail spoke quickly; he caught Ithildon and Tuilin of guard. "He has a more tactical mind, and he is preparing something, some sort of surprise for this battle."

All eyes focused on Durial, no one spoke for a few minutes. each officer was trying to think of a plan.

Durail broke the silence. "Tuilin, I highly advise not joining with the other elves. you are commander, and i will only offer my idea, it is not an order though. I suggest gathering supplies and making arrows, sharpening swords, make spears, and wait till the middle of the battle." Durial leaned in closer. "Morgok will want to lure his enemy and destroy them some how. wait until the right time, counter ambush, but don’t do an all out attack. It is your choice. i am afraid i have to leave, but i hope to be back before the battle. make your decision, and make it wisely."

Durail stood, saluted, and walked out of the tent.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:09 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin nodded and called out to his 120 elves. get ready I have a plan. Then ithildon walked in. Tuilin said "our work will be the work of elves who know the forest and their bows I suggest you cut behind and join with the swordsmen."
Tuilin spun around and readied his men. once most of them were positioned in the trees about 1500 feet from the battle Tuilin sent 20 forwards to draw some troops off. as they started to dash back, several spiders several score orcs, and
a lot of easterlings came to. It seemed like all would go well, when one of the orcs fired an arrow, an elf collapsed hit in the thigh. The orcs were closing in and would kill him if they reached him. Tuilin was down the tree in seconds he took a stance in front of the elf. The first orc came it him, and fell minus a head. Then the arrows hit, everything was a blur but when it was done his elves were intact and most of the attackers dead. They will come back with more we have ot move sideways a bit Tuilin said. Then the quickly left that site and continued on.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:04 am
Ithildon ran back to the swordsman. Since he wasn’t in charge, and didn’t have anything to do, he played around with some stones. He was unhappy that he was unable to do anything. Tuilin had told him that only elves who knew the forest and could use a bow could be in the front. He was fine with the "know the forest part." Anyway, so here he sat, playing with stones, while all the other "high and important ones" were doing stuff. Finally, he decided to take a walk.
Gagnut
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:29 pm
Morgok had appeared out of nowhereand lead his forces, he was in direct command of the easterlings, and told Gognut to do whatever he could tto kill as many elfs as possible. Gognut was ready for his plan, he had all the barrels dumped around the forest, it covered about 200 by 20 feet. He placed this pile at the elves left flank, as the elveswere engaging the easterlings by now.

He had his forces out of the area, and one of his goblin sharpshooters shot a flaming arrow into the powder.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
ingold55
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:29 pm
Durail raced through the forest. cloak flying twigs barely cracking under his feet.

Sounds of battle could be heard in the clearing, the battles had begun. Darkness was all over the forest, the presure was almost unbearable. the closer Durail came, the more sounds of battle he heard. Morgok was spreading his power with fury. Morgok had gained some sort of new power, and was spreading it thick!

Durail came to the edge of the battle. he could see the orcs and elves fighting, both falling on each other when they got hewed down.

"It isn’t right that all the fair people should be struck down by something so vile."

Durial pondered it no longer, there infront of him was Morgok. Durail lept from the small ledge he was on. all other beings blurred. it was just himself and Morgok facing off. Morgok turned his blade to face his on coming opponent. Durail drew Flame from its sheath in the air, it burned bright and powerful. sweat came to Durail’s forehead. Then both blades struck!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:22 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin heard an explosion. Elves and orcs and easterlings and spiders went flying through the air. "Charge" he yelled knowing they would need his soldiers help. Fire at will he called and arrows started thudding into the foul creatures ranks, most of them turned and charged towards his soldiers."stop, Reload, FIRE! Repeat he yelled, front rank, DRAW SWORDS!" the orcs and easterlings grew closer and closer"Archers aim for the spiders, swordsmen draw daggers, Fire!" The few spiders fell dead as well as more foes. Then they clashed,"archers fall back and shoot anyone who gets through" Then he plunged into the battle, it was all a blur but eventually it was over. Tuilin was down to less then 80 soldiers. "We must get to the main lines, I have a feeling they will need our help."
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:55 am; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:00 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Corvus had lead his soldiers to the north east of the cave’s entrance, and awaited until a new body of enemy soldiers took off. He hid his elves as good as possible, and saw the enemy fleet, mostly made of orcs, marching to their north west, heading for the palace. He had about 200 good swordsmen and 20 archers at his command. Legolas stood by his side.

"Alright, they must be about 150 orcs and 30 spider-riders. Legolas, you will lead the archers on the east "wing" of their backguard and hit them. Then, you will fall back and repeat from the south-east. The swords will be ready should they try charging back with their full body. I expect about 30 of them to do so, thus you can take them on yourselves. Then, they shall flee into the forest and we will hunt them down killing small groups each time."

"Then again, should their main force indeed try a full counter attack, you will join the swordsmen and we will take care of them. In any case, take 20 melee warriors with you. Let’s do this!" Legolas nodded in agreement.

The orcs headed for war, wielding their scimitars and grumping most of the time. A volley of arrows whistled through the air and 15 orcs fell dead. Before the orcs that saw it could open their mouths, a second volley hit them across it. About 50 of the unmounted orcs fiercely ran to the bowmen’s side (aka east). Corvus yelled: "run to the prince!" Swords in hand, the close range fighters ran against the orc ranks. The clash of iron could be heard from the rest of the enemies, who didn’t return to aid their forces.

After all, a third volley killed another 15 orcs, and the 20 swordsmen by the archers side were more than enough to finish the rest of the furious atackers, not that all orcs got to attack them, since the main force charged against them and thrashed through their horde. But then, when victory seemed close, the cavern’s door opened slowly. Loud steps could be heard coming from the inside. It was a host of easterlings dressed in full armour. Their commander turned his back to the elves, yelled something in his language, and his troops responded.

The easterlings started running against the elves, and Corvus screamed: "Archers, give them a volley!" So they did, but the easterlings’ pavises blocked every arrow. The captain looked at Corvus, who was standing in front of his troops and laughed. An arrow whistled in the air, and piecred him through his neck. The commander fell dead, and the easterlngs seemed confused.

After a few socends, they decided to re-enter the cave, and the elves didn’t move an inch. When the doors closed again, Corvus shouted: "Fall back! To the survivors!" His elves followed his command and ran westwards.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:18 pm
Lyon and Silvarin heard the explosions, and saw their grisly effects. Many of thier troops had been lured to their deaths there. Lyon bowed his head for a moment, giving respect to those who were killed.

As Tuilin’s troops were advancing, Silvarin’s were retreating. Lyon was faring well in his own battle against orcs, but legions of the spider-riders were assailing Silvarin and his troops. Soon, they had to flee into the forest. The spider-riders, believing their foe was vanquished, turned back to the main battle.

Silvarin gathered what remained of his troops and led them in a wide circle around the fighting. Many times, he found orc spies waiting in the woods, but all were killed. He continued to bring his troops around until he was behind the lines of the enemy. Morgok was nowhere to be seen, but seemingly in command of the orcs and spider-riders was a mighty troll, heavily armored, a giant hammer in his hands. Slowly, quietly, Silvarin began uttering a spell under his breath, but before he could complete it, an orc turned around and spotted the elven warriors. It let out a harsh cry, and the troll turned around. Silvarin rushed through the last sylables of his spell, and a bolt of energy left his palm. But the orcs were already streaming towards them, and one of these, not the troll, took Silvarin’s magical attack. Silvarin drew out his sword as the orcs came towards him, and so did his soldiers. They braced themselves for the oncoming assault, a wall of steel against a flood of the enemy.

Lyon was distressed by his brother’s dissapearance, but he knew assistance would be coming soon. Nor could he see Corvus and his host of warriors. Lyon knew that they were fighting their own battles elsewhere. Suddenly, the horde of spider-riders crashed through the wood, striking at the elves’ exposed flank.

"To the west! They come from the west!" Lyon shouted, and his troops turned to meet the oncoming assualt. "Reform the line! Reform the line!" The rush of spiders and orcs were met by a wall of merciless elven steel. But the orcs they had been fighting were also pushing forward, and always living orcs rushed over the bodies of their fallen comrades. Slowly, Lyon’s forces were retreating. Lyon prayed that one of his friends would arrive soon. He used his powers of foresight, and even though Morgok’s power was still clouding it, he could see closeby a light approaching. He stopped his magic, and smiled, knowing that help was on the way.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
ingold55
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:13 pm
Durail had gained the upper hand, and was now pressing his advantage, but Morgok was one who held many surprises... before Durail knew what hit him, he was thrown 15 feet from his opponent. he landed hard, and had trouble gaining his breath, but he soon recuporated. standing he charged a small group of orcs heading to the forest to circle around the elves.

Durail made quick work of the job, and finished the last orc off with his fighting dagger. things were looking bad from where he stood. the elves were falling back, and orcs were pouring forward. then Durail caught a horrid site. he ran forward, slaying all orcs in his path. he was trying to make it to the elven commanders.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing