LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
ingold55
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:27 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail hewed orcs as he ran. He remained fixed on getting to the elven commanders. All depended on it. He was drawing close to his target when Morgok charged after him.

Durail chopped another orc. How he longed to turn and fight his enemy, but duty came first. Morgok finally got in front of Durail, and stabbed in. The blade sliced his side. Pain shot through his body as he swung at Morgok. He missed by a few inches, but he wasn’t aiming to hit Morgok with his sword, but rather cause a distraction. Just as he figured Morgok blocked the blade, then Durail made his attack. He plunged one of his small daggers into Morgok’s side, and swung for Morgok’s head. Morgok ducked the blow, but received a foot to the chest, which sent him flying.

Durail began his run again, pain shooting through his body due to the wound he had taken. An easterling stepped up to challenge Durail. The easterling swung his poleaxe at Durail, but was blocked and killed at an amazing speed.

Lyon was fighting a band of orcs, and was being over powered, when Durail arrived to help his friend. The two friends slew the orcs quickly, and the orcs fell back to prepare a second assault.

Durail turned and smiled at Lyon, and started to walk toward his friend. Suddenly Durail was thrown forward through the air. He landed on his chest at Lyon’s feet, a black arrow sticking from his back. He reached up slowly and grasped his fellow warrior’s arm. In a hoarse pain filled whisper he managed to speak.

“Lyon, they circle behind…” He stopped pain gripped his body. Black death was creeping near, as unconsciousness took him.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin’s troops first encountered Silvarins command A wall of enemies was charging them and Tuilin knew the elves would be massacred if nothing was done. "FIRE!" He yelled. this did 2 things. one, the enemy soldiers halted for a second trying to figure out what had happened. second several dozen of them fell dead from arrows. Confusion and indecisiveness struck. As the foes tried to figure out what to do next, another volley of arrows struck, Then the foes seemed galvanized into action. Spider riders rushed up the trees while the rest charged Silvarin’s lines. "Stay out of the riders reach but kill them with arrows!" he cried. Slowly each spider-rider fell dead to the ground. Tuilin looked down. Sivarins soldiers were falling back. But his archer’s arrows struck again. After several more volleys the group of enemies dispersed. Tuilin hung his head. As he looked at the battle scene he thought"So much death, so much instruction. And for what? Revenge?" shaking his head he climbed down the tree with the rest of his company. After a short conversation, Tuilin went with his remaining soldiers to try to find the rest of the battle.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:56 am; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:10 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Corvus and his troops marched facing north west, following the enemy survivor reinforcements. Their ambush was successful, but the easterlings could attack and surround the elves. Fortunately, their captain’s death stopped them from doing that in the first place, and now the men were scared to launch a full assault. Covrus’ plan was simple: Hunt down the remaining enemy reinforcements and join the main battle afterwards, surrounding the enemy forces from their direction.

Legolas sat behind a bush, and called Corvus. "I see them" said the elven prince. "A mile and a half away, marching, but not running." Corvus hesitated. "We should then run and take them down, but the warriors will be tired. Let’s follow them for a mile or two, with a big step and then surprise them swiftly." He noded with his hand towards his troops and started moving to the enemy’s direction.

With their abilities, the elves walked fast and gained ground on the enemy forces. The archers were placed on the enemy’s east again, and the warriors right behind them. This time, the vanguard of the enemy was to be attacked, so a full assault was expected . The bowmen let their arrows fly, and down fell a dozen of orcs. Legolas pulled back his shiny bowstring and let 3 arrows fly agaist 3 orcs. All three fell dead, and the others on their side grimaced and took a step back or two.

The archers reloaded after their captain’s command, and another dozen of orcs fell on the ground. The swordsmen then pulled their elven blades and screamed: "Ereinion!!!" following Corvus’ scream. The two forces clashed. The fierceness of the battle was unmatchable, as the elves cut through their enemies with their nimble tactics, but the brutality of the orcs was to be reckoned with. Iron clashed upon iron, and orcs fell on each side. But when victory seemed near, the enemy cavalry regrouped on the North, and charged against the elven ranks.

The elves didn’t have the power to block the spider-riders falling from the northern hill, and Corvus saw that. "Our only hope is archers" he whispered. "LEGOLAS! Shoot them down!" Legolas, upon hearing the shout, nocked arrow after arrow and fired against mounts and riders, throwing them on the ground. So did the rest of the archers following the prince. "Protect the bows!" Yelled Corvus, and 20 strong headed to the archers vanguard. "Good" thought Corvus to himself.

No sooner had he finished his thought, than an orc attacked against him. The scimitar was parried with surprise, and another strong strike from the hilt of the sword, made the elf fall on the ground. The only thing he thought he saw was Legolas hitting the orc with his long-knives, and then he completely blacked out.

Corvus’ eyes slowly opened. He saw the image of the prince standing besides him, saying: "You’ll be alright don’t worry; just a hit on the head." Rubbing his neck Corvus got up and asked: "What happened? What are our casualties?" Legolas responded: "25 swords. We all followed your battle plan, infantry against infantry and archers against cavalry. We won easily, but the spider-riders crashed on some swordsmen."

Corvus said: "Howlong have i been out?" Legolas grimaced. "Long enough to miss the fun..." they both laughed wholeheartidly. Corvus quickly proposed: "Let’s join the great battle!" And marched north west. Legolas smiled with joy behind him and the troops started following their commander. They were almost at the battlefield.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin and his troops had arrived at the main battle, After surveying it for a bit, Tuilin decided on a course of action.

"Elverion, take 20 archers and see if you can get some to follow you into the forest. lose them there and repeat. We will be able to deal with them later". The elf nodded and choosing some others dashed away. Then Tuilin spoke to the others "prepare for battle we will come in near the front but on the left flank. The fighting will be fierce and casualties high anyone who wants to leave, now is the time. You will not be considered a coward for leaving nor looked down upon." no one moved "I am honored" Tuilin said. "Now let us reek retribution on our enemies!" His elves charged in to the fray, firing arrows as they went. As orcs fell dead many of them turned to face the new threat. Tuilin wondered if this would be the battle he would die in. "I will take some of them with me if I do" he thought. Then they were in the battle.

(NO gn this isn’t permission to kill Tuilin)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:26 pm
Silvarin’s troops were fighting well, and many of the orcs were dead or fleeing. Thier mighty troll commander had taken a few elven arrows, although he seemed oblivous to his wounds in his battle fury. Many elves lay dead from his mighty hammer. But soon, even this foe had to aknowledge that the battle was going poorly. With a roar, he and his armies retreated into the blackness of the forest. Silvarin made no move to follow them. He walked through the wood, and soon came across Tuilin and his men. With the help of Silvarin and his soldiers, the enemy was quickly repelled. Silvarin did not follow these orcs either, but kept walking. Tuilin fell into line by his side, and they walked together in silence. Neither knew where Corvus and Legolas were, although many of the sounds of battle seemed to have ceased. Soon, they found Lyon and his men. Lyon was cradling Durail’s body, and tears streamed down his face.

"I fear he is dying, brother..." Lyon whispered. Silvarin fell by his brother’s side, spreading his hands and preparing his magic...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
corvus
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:41 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Corvus and Legolas, walking side by side, got at the clearing of the forest where the first suspected the battle to have taken place. The first thing they saw, was a force of enemy units marching against them. "They are retreating!" whispered Corvus. "Archers! Give them a volley!" He shouted. All the bowmen nocked their long, feathered arrows and let them loose. Down fell some orcs. "Reload! Aim! Fire!" Came the command, and more orcs fell on the ground growling.

The enemy forces seaced their tactical retreat, and started running in every direction through their despair. Only a troll and some large orcs beside him run concretely, not to counter, but to retreat as fast as possible. "Run them through!" Shouted Corvus, pointing in evry direction with his blade, wherever he could see thin lays of the enemy troops.

Not one elf fell this way, since they ran in groups against their enemies, who were just scattering, trying to escape and didn’t have the time to consider counter attacking. Corvus and Legolas started gathering their forces and walked towards their allies. "Durail" he said, as he saw his friend wounded in Lyon’s arms. "What happened? Who did this?" "It was Morgok he was fighting when he was wounded" came an answer. "No! Silvarin, can you help him?" The dark armoured elf raised his eyes on Corvus and replied: "I can only slow the bleeding for a little time."

He then whispered a spell and his hands glowed. The glow came on Durail’s body, and he seemed a bit reliefed. Hurry! Take him ti the healers! Lyon took the ranger in his arms and started running to the healers’ tents.....
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:28 am
Tuilin was exhausted. The battle had been hard and now Durail was on the brink of death. He looked at his sword. "i have used your energy to kill but could it be used to heal" He knew it could kill Durail "i will have to ask first". A few seconds later he had their attention and proposed his plan. "Should I try?" he asked.

[i]I want one of you guys to answer this[i]
"DáinIronfoot"
ingold55
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:27 pm
Life came to Durail’s limp body. gasps filled the still air. fealing was coursing through his body, he could feel the pain of the arrow, it coursed through his body, petrifying his limbs. life was still in him, but was fading fast. breath came in short hard gasps.

Tuilin realized Durial was fading. he began his plan...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:26 am
I will take that as a yes
Corvus and Silvarin nodded , Lyon seemed to not to pay attention focusing on Durail only.
Tuilin reached a tendril of his mind into the sword. Beginning an winning the mental battle again. He grabbed hold of some of it(with his mind) and after attempting to purify it( he had no way of knowing) he slowly sent it into Durail’s body. Durail slowly stopped stirring, his breathing and skin color became normal, and his wound looked better. Then in the instant Tuilin started feeling he had succeeded, he lost control and the energy hit him. he collapsed to the ground writhing. It was over in seconds though, there had not been much energy left. Silvarin and Corvus helped him up. after resting for a minute Tuilin reached into the sword again. The energy was gone the last of it used on himself. Under his breath he said "I still think you have changed, how we will find out some other time. Then he sheathed it and walked away to eat.
"DáinIronfoot"
ingold55
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:03 pm
Durail stirred, then opened his eyes. Breath came easier, but was still painful. Lyon looked down at Durial, and slowly picked him up.

After being placed in a tent, Durail called his friends in.

"First," he said, trying to keep from crying out in pain. "I have to say thank you all." his voice broke, a tear came to his eye. "It was utter darkness, i felt strange spikes striking me..." he caughed. "but enough of me. Lyon, Tuilin, Corvus..." He looked hard at the other elf. "and i would imagine this is Silvarin?" it was a statement and a question. "Time is a great factor. even now Morgok has troops on the other side of the camp." Durail took a deep breath, and tried to keep from passing out again. "I believe Morgok has recieved reinforcements from the mountains."

the elves muttered in to each other, probably deciding a plan. Durial picked up is weapons.

"here is what i have to offer in return for your help." he laid out his bow, his throwing daggers, and a small sum of gold he had saved.

"This is your battle. i have led in the Beorning country, and in Moria, but this is your land. you make the rules, I will try and follow. I hope you will forgive me, but I feel the need to rest."

With that, Durial fell into a deep sleep, while his body recovered quickly due to Silvarin’s spell, and Tuilin’s healing.
Last edited by ingold55 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing