LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:26 pm
15 Elven 3S - 3R - 2U - 7C

3 .Galadriel, Telepathic Ruler Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 3
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
While in your starting fellowship, Galadriel’s twilight cost is -1. Galadriel is strength +1 for each Elf you can spot (limit +5). Skirmish: If Galadriel is not assigned to skirmish, exert her to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may make an Elf strength +2.
I see far and wide, the enemy is moving...
0S17

2 Farseeing Scout Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 6
Resistance: 6
At the start of each skirmish involving this companion, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. You may put it on top of or beneath your draw deck. Skirmish: Exert this companion to discard the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, make this companion strength +2.
0S18

2 Spy the Future Elven
Event-Maneuver
Spot an Elf to reveal the top card of your draw deck. You may place it on top of or beneath your draw deck. Do this once for each forest on the adventure path.
0S19

2 .Haldir, Commander of the Last Host Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 5
Captain.
At the start of each skirmish involving Haldir, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, Haldir is strength+2 until the end of the skirmish. Maneuver: Exert Haldir twice to discard the top card of your draw deck until you discard a shadow card. For each card discarded this way, you may wound a minion.
0R20

2 .Foresight of the Elf-Lords Elven
Condition-Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves. Each time an Elven card is revealed from the top of your draw deck, you may discard a shadow card from hand to heal a companion.
0R21

2 .The Mirror of Galadriel, Scrying-Pool Elven
Artifact-Support Area
When you play this condition, you may reinforce 3 Elven tokens. Response: If a shadow card was just revealed from the top of your draw deck, exert an Elf to place that card beneath your draw deck and reveal a new card.
0R22

2 .Flow of Power Elven
Condition-Support Area
To play, exert an Elf. Each time an Elf wins a skirmish, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, make an Elf strength+1 until the regroup phase.
0U23

1 Old and Wise Elven
Event-Maneuver
Reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the current region number. Heal a companion for each Elven card revealed.
0U24

2 Elven Trooper Elven
Companion-Elf
While you can spot a captain, this companion is strength +2. Skirmish: Discard an Elven card from hand to exert a minion skirmishing this companion.
0C25

0 .Knowledge is Power Elven
Condition-Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves. Maneuver: Exert an Elf and discard this condition to place three cards from your hand on top of your draw deck.
Those who see the future can change it.
0C26

1 Elven Foresight Elven
Condition
Bearer must be an elf. At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to place a card from your hand on top of your draw deck.
0C27

1 Witholding Traditions Elven
Event-Maneuver
Marshal 1.
To play, exert an elf. Place an Elven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
0C28

1 Knowing Death Elven
Event-Response
Marshal 3.
If an Elven companion is killed, you may place all cards that companion bore on the top of their owners’ draw decks.
He looked out across the battlefield, and saw the bodies of his kinsmen scattered with those of the enemy.
0C29

1 Decending Shadows Elven
Event-Skirmish
Reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a shadow card, make a minon skirmishing an elf strength -X, where X is that shadow card’s twilight cost.
0C30

0 Fading Flowers Elven
Event-Fellowship
Marshal 2.
Discard two cards from your hand to place an Elven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
0C31
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 7 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
thonnas7
Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:33 am
elf lvr wrote:

3 .Galadriel, Bearer of Foresight Elven
Companion-Elf
While in your starting fellowship, Galadriel’s twilight cost is -3. Galadriel is strength +1 for each Elf you can spot. Skirmish: If Galadriel is not assigned to skirmish, exert her to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may make an Elf strength +3.
0S17

She’s way too powerful. Remove the strength boost for her or the skirmish action.

2 Farseeing Scout Elven
Companion-Elf
At the start of each skirmish involving this companion, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. You may put it on top of or beneath your draw deck. Skirmish: Exert this companion to discard the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, make this companion strength +2.
0S18

Good.

2 Spy the Future Elven
Event-Maneuver
Spot an Elf to reveal the top card of your draw deck. You may place it on top of or beneath your draw deck. Do this once for each forest on the adventure path.
0S19

I’d make it exert an Elven companion.

Companion-Elf
Captain.
At the start of each skirmish involving Haldir, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, Haldir is strength+2 until the end of the skirmish. Maneuver: Exert Haldir to discard the top card of your draw deck until you discard a shadow card. For each card discarded this way, you may wound a minion.
0R20

Make it exert Haldir twice and only exert the minions.

Condition-Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves. Each time an Elven card is revealed from the top of your draw deck, you may discard a shadow card from hand to heal a companion.
0R21

Good.

Artifact-Support Area
When you play this condition, you may reinforce 3 Elven tokens. Response: If a shadow card was just revealed from the top of your draw deck, exert an Elf to place that card beneath your draw deck and reveal a new card.
0R22

Sounds good, although I think Scrying is only in Eragon.

2 .Flow of Power Elven
Condition-Support Area
To play, exert an Elf. Each time an Elf wins a skirmish, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, make an Elf strength+1 until the regroup phase.
0U23

Good.

1 Old and Wise Elven
Event-Maneuver
When you play this event, reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the current region number. Heal a companion for each Elven card revealed.
0U24

You don’t have to say "When you play this event", just get to the meat..

2 Elven Trooper Elven
Companion-Elf
Resistance: 3
While you can spot a captain, this companion is strength +2. Skirmish: Discard an Elven card from hand to exert a minion skirmishing this companion.
0C25

Two quick things. 1. Make the companion base strength 5 and resistance two. 2. Discard 2 Elven cards instead of 1.

Condition-Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves. Maneuver: Exert an Elf and discard this condition to place three cards from your hand on top of your draw deck.
0C26

Good.

1 Elven Foresight Elven
Condition
Bearer must be an elf. At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to place a card from your hand on top of your draw deck.
0C27

Good.

1 Witholding Traditions Elven
Event-Maneuver
Marshal 1.
To play, exert an elf. Place an Elven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
0C28

Good.

1 Knowing Death Elven
Event-Response
Marshal 3.
If an Elven companion is killed, you may place all cards that companion bore on the top of thier owners’ draw decks.
He looked out across the battlefield, and saw the bodies of his kinsmen scattered with those of the enemy.
0C29

Good, although it should be a rare.

Event-Skirmish
Reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a shadow card, make a minon skirmishing an elf strength -X, where X is that shadow card’s twilight cost.
0C30

Good, although you should spot an Elf to play it.

0 Fading Flowers Elven
Event-Fellowship
Marshal 2.
Discard two cards from your hand to place an Elven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
0C31

Good.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:38 pm
More reviews? Anyone?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

3 .Galadriel, Bearer of Foresight Elven
Companion-Elf
While in your starting fellowship, Galadriel’s twilight cost is -3. Galadriel is strength +1 for each Elf you can spot. Skirmish: If Galadriel is not assigned to skirmish, exert her to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may make an Elf strength +3.
0S17
WAY TO good. You need to make the third ability Limit 1 and the first ability limit 3, or eliminate 1 of them all together

2 Farseeing Scout Elven
Companion-Elf
0S18
I like the cohesion between title and abilities good job

2 Spy the Future Elven
Event-Maneuver
0S19
I take it this is supposed to be a telepathy expansion?

Companion-Elf
Captain.
At the start of each skirmish involving Haldir, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, Haldir is strength+2 until the end of the skirmish. Maneuver: Exert Haldir to discard the top card of your draw deck until you discard a shadow card. For each card discarded this way, you may wound a minion.
0R20
nice, I like it though that second ability is pretty good, either make it exert twice or make it exert the minion

Condition-Support Area
0R21
very nice boy these are good cards

Artifact-Support Area
0R22
T& is right no scrying Smile

2 .Flow of Power Elven
Condition-Support Area
0U23
nice.

1 Old and Wise Elven
Event-Maneuver
When you play this event, reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the current region number. Heal a companion for each Elven card revealed.
0U24
fine by me

2 Elven Trooper Elven
Companion-Elf
Resistance: 3
0C25
how about an Elven captain.

Condition-Support Area
0C26
fine by me maybe give it a twilight cost of 1

1 Knowing Death Elven
Event-Response
Marshal 3.
If an Elven companion is killed, you may place all cards that companion bore on the top of thier owners’ draw decks.
0C29
the correct spelling of thier is their.

Event-Skirmish
0C30
I think a card has been made like this forearmed maybe?

0 Fading Flowers Elven
Event-Fellowship
Marshal 2.
0C31

fine by me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:33 pm
I changed Galadriel a bit, added a limit on her strength boost (although she still can get pretty big... but not Gil-Galad big) and lowered her twilight reduction to just one.

I changed haldir to exert twice.

Lowered the trooper’s strength.

Decending shadow is the (IMHO) much-needed reprint of Forearmed.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:21 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I don’t have time to review DCs right now, but I’d recommend changing Galadriel’s title, as her current title makes her seem like an ARB.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:35 am
15 Wraith 3S - 4R - 4U - 4C

8 .The Witch-King, Wraith-Lord Wraith
Minion-Nazgul
Strength: 14
Vitality: 4
Site: 3
Twilight. Enduring.
Each Wraith Wraith is twilight cost -1.
Frodo looked upon a king of old, twisted by the will of its Master...
0S157

5 .Ulaire Nelya, Sauron’s Slave Wraith
Minion-Nazgul
Strength: 10
Twilight. Enduring.
Skirmish: Heal Ulaire Nelya to make him Fierce until the regroup phase.
0S158

0 Legions of Dead Faces Wraith
Event-Skirmish
Make a Wraith minion strength +1 for each Wraith minion you can spot.
0S159

8 .The Witch-King, Wraith of Flame Wraith
Minion-Nazgul
Strength 14
Vitality 4
Site 3
Twilight. Enduring.
When you play the Witch-King, you may discard two cards from hand to take a Wraith minion into hand from your discard pile.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert the Witch-King twice and discard a minion from hand to make the Witch-King strength +X, where X is the strength of the minion discarded. The Free Peoples player may add 2 burdens to prevent this.
0R160

6 .Shadowy Host, Minions of the Nazgul-King Wraith
Minion-Wraith
Strength: 13
Twilight. Enduring.
To play, spot a Wraith minion.
Skirmish: Exert this minion and discard a Wraith minion from hand to make this minion damage+1.
0R161

6 .Ulaire Enquea, Glorious Shadow Wraith
Minion-Nazgul
Strength: 11
Twilight. Enduring.
Maneuver: Exert Ulaire Enquea and discard a Wraith card from hand to wound a companion. If you cannot spot 6 companions, the free peoples player may add a burden to prevent that wound.
0R162

1 .Dead Soldiers Now Stirring Wraith
Condition-Support Area
To play, spot a Wraith wraith.
Each time a Wraith minion wins a skirmish, you may take a Wraith minion into hand from your discard pile.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a twilight minion strength +2.
0R163

6 .Ulaire Attea, Fallen Eastern King Wraith
Minion-Nazgul
Strength 12
Vitality 3
Site 3
Twilight. Enduring. Aggressive.
Each time Ulaire Attea wins a skirmish, you may return two Wraith cards from your discard pile to your hand. Discard those cards at the end of the turn.
0U164

More coming later.
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:30 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
15 Wraith 3S - 4R - 4U - 4C

Minion-Nazgul
Strength 14
Vitality 3
Site 3
Twilight. Enduring.
0S157
so you are making wraiths? like the dead marshes? and barrow wrights? fine by me

Minion-Nazgul
Twilight. Enduring.
0S158
interesting. Why are they enduring in their twilight ahh whatever you call it?

Event-Skirmish
0S159
OK make it each other and consider giving it a 1 twilight cost.

Minion-Nazgul
Strength 14
Vitality 4
Site 3
Twilight. Enduring.
When you play the Witch-King, you may discard two cards from hand to take a Wraith minion from your discard pile into hand. At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert the Witch King twice and discard a minion from hand to make him strength +X, where X is that minion’s strength.
0R160
ow that would kill consider giving the freeps player a way to prevent it.

Minion-Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.
Skirmish: Exert this minion and discard a Wraith minion from hand to make this minion damage+1.
0R161
fine by me

Minion-Nazgul
Twilight. Enduring.
Maneuver: Exert Ulaire Enquea and discard a Wraith card from hand to wound a companion. If you cannot spot 6 companions, the free peoples player may add a burden to prevent that wound.
0R162
so essentially a interesting remake of lieutenant of morgul. I like it except it should be unbound companion.

Condition-Support Area
To play, spot a Wraith wraith. Each time a Wraith minion wins a skirmish, you may take a Wraith minion into hand from your discard pile.
0R163
fine by me

Minion-Nazgul
Strength 12
Vitality 3
Site 3
Each time Ulaire Attea wins a skirmish, you may return two Wraith cards from your discard pile to your hand. Discard those cards at the end of the turn.
0U164
you misspelled skirmish on our card though I fixed it here ID quite get the ability

More coming later.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:18 pm
This is old, but I’m bumping it up. It’d be cool if someone could review the other Wraith cards as well.

6 *Ulaire Toldea, Terrible Specter Wraith
Minion-Nazgul
Strength: 12
Twilight. Fierce.
When you play Ulaire Toldea, you may discard 3 cards from hand to take a Wraith minion from your discard pile into hand.
Skirmish: Exert Ulaire Toldea and discard a Wraith minion from hand to make Ulaire Toldea strength +3.
0U165

1 *Deathless Spirits Wraith
Condition-Support Area
Each time a Wraith wraith is played, add a threat.
Skirmish: Remove two threats to remove a Wraith minion from your discard pile from the game and make a Wraith minion strength +3.
0U165

2 Vengeful Spirit Wraith
Minion-Wraith
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
Site: 2
Twilight.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may discard two cards from hand to take a Wraith card from your discard pile into hand. Discard that card at the end of the turn.
Skirmish: Reveal a Wraith card from your hand to make this minion strength +2 (limit+2) and Fierce until the regroup phase.
U
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:51 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Minion-Nazgul
Twilight. Enduring.
0S157

Yes, twilight Nazgul! I miss those guys.

Maybe you could add some text to give a reduction to twilight Nazgul as well. Like "The twilight cost of each Wraith Wraith and twilight Nazgul is -1."

elf lvr wrote:
Minion-Nazgul
Twilight. Enduring.
0S158

Good stuff. I like that a lot.

elf lvr wrote:
Event-Skirmish
0S159

Only potential downside is that this would help Wraith Orcs, which I don’t think you intended. That’s not a bad thing, though, in my opinion. Good card, though perhaps a low twilight cost (even just 1) would be good.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion-Nazgul
Strength 14
Vitality 4
Site 3
Twilight. Enduring.
When you play the Witch-King, you may discard two cards from hand to take a Wraith minion from your discard pile into hand. At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert the Witch King twice and discard a minion from hand to make him strength +X, where X is that minion’s strength. The Free Peoples player may add 2 burdens to prevent this.
0R160

A couple little wording fixes:

When you play the Witch-King, you may discard two cards from hand to take a Wraith minion into hand from your discard pile.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert the Witch-King twice and discard a minion from hand to make the Witch-King strength +X, where X is the strength of the minion discarded. The Free Peoples player may add 2 burdens to prevent this.

Makes some of the wording more "Decipher-ish" and also makes it clearer what text is refering to the WK and what text is referring to the discarded minion. It was a little fuzzy before.

Very nice card, though.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion-Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.
0R161

Perhaps heal instead of exert. Not a must, but it might be a little better.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion-Nazgul
Twilight. Enduring.
0R162

Here, I think the exertion is great.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition-Support Area
To play, spot a Wraith wraith. Each time a Wraith minion wins a skirmish, you may take a Wraith minion into hand from your discard pile.
0R163

I think you need to move "Each time..." down a line from the "to play" text. Otherwise this is nifty.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion-Nazgul
Strength 12
Vitality 3
Site 3
0U164

I had to look back and see what aggressive was all about. With his ability, that’s PERFECT here. Good show! Have a GP. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards