LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:58 am
--- description ---
My deck is something I came up with the other day when I desperately wanted something new. I decided to try the basic Elven wounding, but with a new twist, sending in the old FotR Block allies. My shadow side is Dunlending site control, which I busted a lot of money to get the cards for, so I’d like all the advice I can get. Note: My friends use mixed sites (1-9 from any block).
--- end description ---

Ring-Bearer: 2

x1 •Frodo, Wicked Masster!
x1 •The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Adventure Deck: 9

1 Eastemnet Gullies
2 Rohirrim Village
3 Westemnet Plains
4 Anduin Banks
5 Crashed Gate
6 Lothlorien Woods
7 Hornburg Causeway
8 Anduin Banks
9 Fortress of Orthanc

Fellowship: [36]

x1 •Celeborn, Lord of the Galadhrim (Starting)
x1 •Fereveldir, Son of Thandronen (Starting)
x1 •Legolas, Greenleaf
x1 •Orophin, Lorien Bowman
x1 •Rumil, Elven Protector
x1 •Calaglin, Elf of Lorien
x1 •Galadriel, Lady of Light
x1 •Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad
x1 •Bow of the Galadhrim
x4 Naith Longbow
x1 •Nenya, Ring of Adamant
x1 •Shadow Between
x2 Release the Angry Flood
x4 Night Without End
x4 Nocked
x3 Sword-Wall
x4 Master of Healing
x2 Friends of Old
x2 That Is No Orc Horn

Fellowship Strategy: Basically, you bid 3 burdens to start the game. Hopefully, that should get you the right to go first and Legolas along with it, because of your site 1. I’m just going to go over some key cards in this deck. Calaglin, Elf of Lorien, is the most important ally and more than likely the one you want to heal the most. The others are there if you opponent is playing Uruk-hai and Orcs, but if not, they’re useful to discard or play, if you feel like and use at Site 6. Nocked, of course is a key card, but I noticed I was having trouble using it since I started out with 3 burdens, so here is a question. Should I play House of Elrond as my site 3 to remove a burden or not? Anyways, I’m digressing. Sword-Wall is in the there (as well as TINOH) to help my shadow as well as my fellowship if they are playing site control. The longbows were originally intended for the allies, until I read the text closely. Drat. Oh well, they still work well on the other two Elf companions. Friends of Old is there to heal Galadriel, Elrond and Calaglin.

Shadow: [36]

x2 •Freca, Hungry Savage
x2 Dunlending Looter
x4 Dunlending Rampager
x4 Hillman Band
x2 •Hillman Horde
x2 Hillman Rabble
x4 Hillman Tribe
x4 Dunlending Elder
x2 •No Refuge
x2 Ready to Fall
x2 •Over the Isen
x4 Burn Every Village
x2 Wake of Destruction

Shadow Strategy: One thing I noticed is that it is hard for my guys, especially early on, to win skirmishes. Am I lacking neccesary events? The Looter is the guy I’ve probably used the most, as around site 4 he starts costing 1, I’ve put some serious hurt on opponents. The Bands also help my opponent want to move slower, which helps my fellowship move slow and heal along the way. Hillman Tribe is usually the minion that gets me my sites.
Last edited by thonnas7 on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:29 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
for the shadow side add 2x dark fury for an unpleasant sanctuary suprize.
to add those cut 2 times dunlending ravager.

teh freeps looks ... interesting. add a tale of gig-galad for legolas
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:01 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
for the shadow side add 2x dark fury for an unpleasant sanctuary suprize.
to add those cut 2 times dunlending ravager.

teh freeps looks ... interesting. add a tale of gig-galad for legolas

It’s actually Dunlending Rampager, not ravager...my bad.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:08 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
cut 2 of him anyway. Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:31 am
I’m no expert with Elves, so I’ll have to skip them. I do like the idea of using Sword-wall to help your Shadow.

Quote:
x2 •Freca, Hungry Savage
x2 Dunlending Looter
x4 Dunlending Rampager
x4 Hillman Band
x2 •Hillman Horde
x2 Hillman Rabble
x4 Hillman Tribe
x4 Dunlending Elder
x2 •No Refuge
x2 Ready to Fall
x2 •Over the Isen
x4 Burn Every Village
x2 Wake of Destruction

Saruman, Rabble-rouser is great for helping to control your sites. Play him and a Hillman Tribe, and you’ve got an awesome chance at controlling a site. So, I would definitely add at least 2 of him, and maybe 3.

Another card that’s missing is Hides. This card is essential in a Dunland deck - without it, your chances are very very slim at surviving. If you can’t trade for Hides, Bound By Rage is a decent replacement, although it is not nearly as good as Hides. I suggest trying to trade for 4 Hides - it’ll help a lot against many decks.

To make room for these cards, you could drop the Hillman Bands and the Dunlending Rampagers.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
thonnas7
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:45 pm
Yeah, although I missed out on Rampager again. It’s Dunlending Ransacker.

My titles are confusing me, but yeah, I like the Hides and Saruman, Rabble-Rouser idea.

Thanks AC! Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open