LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
corvus
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:51 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Sorry if the answer is obvious, but i need to know:

Why is city of brass so underestimated? I mean, it can add ANY mana, why not prefer it over any old pain land? for the others’ colorless mana?
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
physcosick
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Painlands are better because even though City of Brass taps for any color you have to take a pain every time you use it. Where as pain lands, you only have to take a pain when you need to. Plus, when City of Brass wass around in type 2 not so long ago, most decks were two colors. It is only know that there are duals and pains in the meta that we are able to go 3 or even more colors.

And in extended, duals and fetches are way better.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:19 pm
Yeah, Ravduals have the amazing ability to choose whether or not you want the pain or the tap. This way, they can fit whatever style or point of the game you’re in. City is going to kill you if that’s your only source for one of your mana colors, but the Ravdual will only deal you two or miss the mana for one turn.
c3poquino
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:36 pm
Not to mention, although this is kind of lame, that if an Icy Manipulator taps your City of Brass during your upkeep, not only will you be left out without the colored mana, but also take 1 point of damage.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:15 pm
Lol. I didn’t even consider that because few peopole play icy in standard right now, but a good point nonetheless.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion