LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Tower Block
unlimited_08
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:00 pm
I think that isengard trackers are one of the funnest minions to play with and I thought I’d post the setup I’ve got for them.

4x Uruk Hunter
3x Uruk Follower
3x Uruk Chaser
4x Uruk Searcher
2x Uruk Plains Runner
1x Mauhur, Patrol Leader
2x Ugluk, Servant of Isengard
3x Grima, Wormtoung

4x Broad-Bladed Sword
2x Ugluk’s Sword

3x Many Riddles
4x Weary
1x Rest While You Can

4x Vengance
4x Kill Them Now

42 cards can’t get it much smaller without taking out important cards(I tried)
Last edited by unlimited_08 on Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Earthshaker
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:32 am
53 cards on shadow side.... thats 106 cards in your deck.

I would trim my deck down to 38 cards at least....(33/34 is still better)
Because otherwise you won't see some cards in play... and why else put them in your deck to play them Wink
unlimited_08
Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:37 pm
I've taken some cards out and have 42 cards now, Very Happy it works pretty well but it can't go any smaller without taking some important stuff out
han_feizi
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:37 am
This is what I call "brutal" approach, which means relying on pure strenght of Isengard minions.

I played a lot with a somehow similar dark side - have a look at my Strategy Article about Grima WT.

The main problem is whether you want to swarm fp or deliver "surgical strikes". I prefer the second option and I played without swords, with fewer minions and events. btw I think Uruk Seeker is an awesome minion in this deck - try it.

Of course my strategy sometimes fails to elven archery or knights, but with more Ugluks there is a chance of swarming at site 3 or 4.

And of course What Did You Discover? is an excelent card in this deck. I would add at least two, and in your "large" deck - maybe three
unlimited_08
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:20 pm
this deck plays best against archers. I've tried putting in a few What did you discover? but opponents normally dont move alot with all the conditions on there companions
han_feizi
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:27 am
Indeed, poor elves cannot (usually) win this battle.

I have three questions:

1) have you ever tried this deck against knights with fortifications? - I found them the most difficult opponent to beat

2) How would it work against Sudden Fury? I have a bad feeling that hobbits like the idea of fierce minions without damage

3) Have you tried Library of Orthanc in this deck? This card is excellent on its own, but can devastate your fp (which, in fact, is already weakened by the size of your deck)

Overall, this deck is probably the strongest among the cheapest. It is really funny to see the face of the opponent who is defensless with billion strenght Durin or million arrows
unlimited_08
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:49 am
[quote="han_feizi"]Indeed, poor elves cannot (usually) win this battle.

I have three questions:

1) have you ever tried this deck against knights with fortifications? - I found them the most difficult opponent to beat

2) How would it work against Sudden Fury? I have a bad feeling that hobbits like the idea of fierce minions without damage

3) Have you tried Library of Orthanc in this deck? This card is excellent on its own, but can devastate your fp (which, in fact, is already weakened by the size of your deck)

Overall, this deck is probably the strongest among the cheapest. It is really funny to see the face of the opponent who is defensless with billion strenght Durin or million arrows[/quote]

I can answer yes to all of these questions. It slaughtered knights at sight 5, picks the hobbits off 1 by 1 till swarming at sight 9, and for the free peoples side having a large deck helps because you can put more good stuff in there.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Tower Block