LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:32 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin felt well rested for the first time this trip. When Corvus was fighting Leorak Tuilin wondered if he should just send an arrow into the man’s throat, but humiliation seemed to work just as well, and Tuilin was tiring of killing men.
Orcs and Uruks and Trolls he could handle without any qualms, but men that was a different matter, but he knew if the plague were released, the trouble and death it would cause would rival the war of the ring. They had to keep to their task, though Imhis, Corvus, and Berethor showed no qualms about killing the men. Durail was a little harder to read on this matter.

As they were riding, Tuilin decided to see how much energy he had left in his sword. Probing it with his mind he finally found it. After a short mental battle, he realized he barely had any. "I will have to save it for dire circumstances." Tuilin though. Tuilin noticed they were leaving the town. " I’d better start paying attention he though" who knows what we are going to encounter next."
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:32 pm
As the company began to leave the village, they passed by a slave auction. The man auctioning off the unfortunate slaves was shouting in the harsh tounge of Harad, and so many of the company could not understand. But they certainly understood when Imhis stopped his horse, looked up to the next slave in line, and smiled slightly.

"Oh look. A halfling." The group looked upward to see a hobbit stumbling up to the auctioner’s platform. The auctioner began yelling again, although many of the Haradrim seemed reluctant to place bids on such a creature.

Tuilin set an arrow to his bowstring, but Imhis moved his bow aside.

"Do you want to have to race out of here with this whole village at our heels? There is an easier way." Imhis got off his horse and walked near the platform, beginning to shout in his people’s language as he did so. The auctioner spared him a breif glance, then did a double-take. The man’s piggish eyes took in Imhis’s white skin, arrogant manner, and most of all, the hilt of his legendary sword.

"Kadôanûneg!" The auctioner whispered under his breath. Then, he raised his voice to a shout, saying something that sounded much like "Sold!" Imhis handed him a small bag of money, and took the hobbit back to the group.

"Durail. Take him on your horse." Imhis mounted his own steed, and set off once more. Calmly, the group left the village, and headed into the dessert.

The royal healers rushed into the chamber. They had been summoned by a small servant boy sent in with the king’s dinner. They bent down to the fallen form of King Ellessar. One placed his forefinger and thumb around the King’s wrist, checking for a pulse. He found it, and let out a breath.

"He’s alive," the healer whispered.

A few days later, a man on a strange dark horse entered the village. He was clothed in a dark black cloak so no one could see his face. He went around, questioning the townspeople about a group of travelers, mostly elves, coming through the city. Soon, he came upon the piggish aution leader. The figure’s question was repeated. The bloated auctionier pointed one pudgy finger... to the south.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
ingold55
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:01 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail didn’t mind the halfling riding with him, but some times it was a hinderance. The two got to know each other, and Durail found out about Pustachio’s history of being captured by pirates and haradrim.

the group had stopped up on a hill, when they were besieged by southroners. many times they charged, but many times they were repelled. it was in this battle, Durail handed the hobbit a dagger, which was like a sword to the hobbit.

"use it well, but don’t get to used and pleased with handling it. this is a dirty business." Durail then turned to fight off a few southron troops. The battle ended quickly, but Durail felt the bitter stings of killing his own kind. the group drew nearer to its target with each day, and with each day, the enemy grew closer to the secret of using the pleague.

Durail gave Pustachio over to Corvus, and rode out ahead of the group to scout. night was waining, the group needed a camping spot, safe of an enemy.
a light glinted off something, and Durail was thrown from his horse. pain shot through his body as he fell to the ground, he cried out, but none of his companions could hear him. he arose, and pulled his sword just in time to block an attack. it was a poleaxe.

"you are fast Durail, but will soon be dead!" the easterling struck again. but was blocked. Durail punched at him, but felt a throbing pain shoot up through him he looked at his arm. it was covered in blood.

quickly pulling a throwing dagger, he plunged it into his enemy. Jumping on his horse, Durail reined him back, and raced toward his friends. he swallowed some liguid to keep him alive, but he felt his strength being drained from lack of blood.

he reached his camp, and shout out, "we are being tracked, be on your guard!" dismounted, drank the rest of his liquid, and went to bandage his arm.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
YourStinkenFace
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:56 pm
Pustachio was afraid. He had thought that maybe these people would take him somwhere good and safe. Nope. Nottachance. The stupit quest. Some plague. He hadn’t understood a word they said. To him there was barely a difference between the men and elves. One had given him a sword. He normally would have thought that it was pretty cool. He shuddered at the thought of using it. On the pirate ships all the fighting was done around him, but not at him. Now whoever this enemy was it would be going directly at him.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin was glad they had been able to rescue the hobbit without bloodshed. He was tired of killing Men. The hobbit, named Pustachio, seemed unconcerned with any problems aside from his own. Tuilin had hoped the respite from killing would last a while but soon they were under attack again. The hobbit proved utterly useless in battle managing to kill no southrons, while he managed to get himself into bad situations numerous times, though they still beat the southrons. though he was useless in battle he was a talented cook, Something all the members of the company appreciated after their bland rations. After supper Tuilin walked up to the hobbit."Hello Pustachio" "Hello, I have never seen an elf before""Well now you have but to get down to the point, how did you end up with the raiders?"

quick note YSF I am not trying to insult your character I just think he probably wouldn’t be a good fighter I like the way you are RPG’ing him. SoP out Smile.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:44 am; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:31 pm
The tales kept coming of someone trying to find the plague in harad, Gagnut was still considering finding the secret himself, If I find it, I might be able to use it to increase my say among Gondor Gagnut was thinking to himself, my power will reach across the desert.

Gagnut was done thinking, he was sure, he prepared to leave for harad, with 10 trolls from his clan, they set across the desert, unlike the gondorian party, Gagnut and his clan were well known across the plains as fierceness in bodily form, many vendettas had led to the slaughter of southron blood, Gagnut knew how to fight them, their mumakils were feared by all but the trolls of the black hills, a well aimed troll hammer to the head of the beast could kill it.

Gagnut had no idea where the secret was, but he would find it, to the ends of the earth.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
ingold55
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:53 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail looked hard at the ground, he was hating this business just as much as Tuilin. Killing man was not what he prefered to do. orcs, and all other types of foul creatures were one thing but man...that was another.

Imhis was as stone cold as usual, not caring for others life. This made Durail wander, and he even muttered under his breath...

"would he kill me right now for the right price? Can i trust a man who sells his allegiance?" Fortunatly Pustachio was riding with Corvus, and Durail was alone in the rear of the group. The group had restocked, and were now in high spirits. Berethor fell back behind with Durail.

"You look discouraged, what is wrong?"
"We have been out searching for several weeks now, and we have no idea where our destination may be."
"Take heart, I feel it may be around the corner!" Berethor smiled his warm smile and rode ahead.

Durail hoped the same thing, but couldn’t be sure.
Durail rode up to Corvus, who had passed Pustachio to Tuilin.

"Do you feel him Corvus? he is near, i guess in those rocks."
Corvus looked at the area Durail pointed at.
"Yes, he is revealing himself, i can feel him in a stronger presence." The two riders held back acting as rear guard. after several minutes, Tuilin joined them. he too was feeling the presence of the enemy.

Imhis was looking hard at the ground, he then dismounted and studied the rode.
"Tracks." Corvus said,
"Fairly large, and several." Tuilin added.
Durail dismounted and looked down at the ground.
"They are headed toward the west." Durail told Imhis, "Why are they so important?"
"No one uses this rode, except smugglers, fugitives, and other evil characters. THis may be the way to our target. Mount up!"
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:46 pm
Gagnut made his way through the desert with little trouble, the southrons were nowhere to be seen, and the mumaks were docile in their great heards. Searching through the desert was slow and boring, they could not find what hey were looking for, What are we looking for? Gagnut Questioned himself, where could we find the answer? The Shaman.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
corvus
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:36 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
The party carried on with their mission. Pustachio, a hobbit had joined them on the way. He was not a keen warrior, nor a strong companion, but he held good company and made excellent dinner with the wild animals the striders hunted. Durail seemed too nervous with other things to be concerned with him though. He was afraid of Morgoth’s return. Indeed, slaying him was a valorous deed, and it took a great sacrifice to be done, so his revival would be awful for the free peoples of Middle Earth.

As the company carried on through the hot sand, the air seemed to burn. Far watery shores could be seen at the distance. The illusions where a common phenomena as Imhis told them, so they didn’t mind. After three days of walking, Imhis told them to stop at a point in the middle of nowhere. "We shall carry on unmounted from here." "May i ask why?" demanded Corvus. "Because we need to surprise the boatswains. The second temple is in the middle of a small island. That in turn, is in the middle of the great watery oasis of the west. We must kill the boatswains, take a boat, and head for the temple. You better hope most are hunting now. That be the case, we should be quick and leave before their return. With the dagger i hope...."

Pustachio didn’t seem to be quite happy with the whole plan. "Oh rats and scrats, please reconsider this plan of yours my good frieds. I am sure that if we head North, we will find a more friendly town that will surely hire us a ship for our safe return. Let’s stop planning to kill these people, steal their dagger, and all those unpleasant things. Should we return, i promise to give you the best party hobbiton has seen, and buy you lost and lots of daggers."

The whole party laughed at the halfling’s words. Corvus took him aside to speak with him in private. "My little friend, we... they do not enjoy killing all those people either, in fact our mission is to try to unite them with the noble and peace loving kingdom of Gondor. But the problem is................................" While Corvus explained the point of their mission, Pustachio seemed to be very surprised and sometimes even fascinated with what he heard. After having heard what had happened, the hobbit agreed to follow the party, but said in a sad look:

"But i am only a hobbit. I will slow you down." Corvus looked at him and smiled: "Nonsence. Do you remember Frodo Baggins?’ "Why yes, i do remember him! In fact i am his friend’s Pepegrin Took’s cousin, 4 times removed on his mother’s side, and twice removed from his father’s!!!" The elf replied: "Good! I’ll have you know then that although he was as small as you are, he accomplished a great mission! I bet you are up for the challenge as well. Always remember: Even the smallest can make a huge difference. Now, let’s see what the others have planned, shall we?" The hobbit smiled widely and fixed his belt around his waist. The two turned to counsel the others...

"Alright, what is the plan?"
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:19 pm
"Simple. The hobbit is our distraction. I’m sure you can manage that, little one? Surely the boatswains will underestimate one lowly hobbit. As they move to attack him, you elven archers can... well, do what you do best." Imhis gave a little smile. "Then, we’ll steal a boat and get on with things."
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing