LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
han_feizi
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:51 am
I enjoy playing RBR and I like the idea using Pippin + Home and Hearth + Shadowplay.

There is one veeery small problem - Gondor (and Shire) is unable to discard conditions. It means this deck lose without exceptions to Moria and new Orcs swarms and there are 100 other dark sides which can devastate you (Nazguls with conditions played on companions for example)

I tried playing nine-companions fellowship with Gondorian Rangers replacing Ancient Roads and with Ithilien Trap and Ranger's Versatility+site controlling to stop Enquea LoM but it's still to weak for moria.

There are of course some possibilities:

1) Gandalf Shocked
2) tokens + new Brego Laughing
3) Armor on Boromir Smile
4) Arrows Thick in the Air Question
5) Aragorn's Bow Cool

and three more things:

If you play with Boromir - I suggest adding his new sword which may save Pippin's live (it's not unusual to see five minions with str. 6+, it is a death sentence for Pippin in your deck)

If you play Frodo - add one or two Bounders (in fact he triggers Home and hearth when played - that's nice too)

AtaR has a big drawkback - doesn't allow to "transform" archery wounds into burdens; I would play with RoR on Boromir and SaWT on Frodo
syndrome
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:22 pm
I noticed the problems with conditions in my match against tOO. But usually, it isn’t enough to totally anihilate me... if it comes down to bone, I stop double moving and I count on my shadow side.
http://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded