LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:27 pm
Yeah, well that’s the whole point. There are bigger battles to control the ring, but with bigger payoffs. I wold never use them for tournament play, but they would definitely be funner to play for fun.

What are your opinions on my Dwarf cards? I’m still working on the rest. I think I’m gonna have to change the card numbers once I alphabetize them at the end.

~NBarden
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sorry but I cannot review cards with your current formatting.
kill all the spaces put [] around your twilight cost to make these 2 and I will consider adding your thread to my list of cards to review.
No offense meant,
SoP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:54 pm
ah...a perfectionist. Very Happy Just kidding. Ok, will do.

~nbarden
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:06 pm
the special on on the arkenstone would’t even fitt on a card

And durin III is a bitt overpowererd
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:26 pm
NBarden wrote:
Alright, ready for the Dwarves? I have some of the Dwarves as captain 0. anyway, here they are.

4 •Durin III, Great Dwarf Lord Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 5
Captain 1. Damage +1.
Each other Dwarven captain is strength +2 and damage +1.
Durin III is twilight cost -1 for each dwarf you spot
Skirmish: Exert Durin III to play a skirmish event on him from your discard pile. Remove that card from the game.
00R+5
Wow. Very powerful. With this, you could start the Gimli R-B, Dain Ironfoot, another 2-costing dwarf, and this durin. A bit much, I think. I also think those two abilities are powerful, maybe too powerful... perhaps exerting Durin to make another dwarven captain strength +2 and damage +1?

2 •Linnar, Lord of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Vitality: 3
Captain 0. Damage +1
Response: If Linnar wins a skirmish, exert him to wound a minion not assigned to a skirmish X times, where X is Linnar’s damage bonus.
00R6
Good card. What’s the point of captain 0? Oh, to spot captains, I suppose... unless you have cards to increase captain. Nice.

2 •Sindri, Dwarven Captain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Captain 0.
Response: If Sindri wins a skirmish, exert him to place a Dwarven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck. Any shadow player may discard the top 3 cards of his or her draw deck to prevent this.
00R7
Cool ability! I like it.

4 •Thorin Oakenshield, Seeker of the Arkenstone Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Resistance: 4
Captain 1. Hunter 2. Damage +2. Muster.
To play spot two dwarves.
Fellowship: Spot Bilbo Baggins and exert Thorin Oakenshield to play the Arkenstone from your draw deck.
Response: If Thorin Oakenshield is about to be killed, stack him on the Arkenstone. While stacked on the Arkenstone, each other dwarf is strength +2 and damage +1 and at the start of each turn, exert a dwarf or place Thorin Oakenshield in the dead pile.
00R+8
Interesting... you could then play another copy? I think it would be better as: "While Thorin Oakenshield is in the dead pile..." but I’ll have to see the Arkenstone first. I took the liberty of adding a phase for the first action.

2 •Thrain II, Desirous of Vengeance Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Captain 1. Damage +1.
The Free Peoples always has initiative.
Response: If a companion is killed in a skirmish, exert Thrain II to wound every minion.
00R9
Ohh! swarm-stopper. I think he’s a bit too powerful... perhaps lose the first ability? Or change it to exert every minion...

2 •Thror, Dwarf of Dunland Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Captain 0.
Exert Thror to discard a Man (or two Men if you have initiative).
Exert Thror twice to liberate a site.
00R10
Needs some phases for thos actions, regroup for both, maybe? Discarding minion is too powerful an ability for such a companion, the only way it could POSSIBLY be okay is in the regroup phase.

2 •Uri, Ruler of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Captain 0. Damage +1. Muster.
Each other Dwarven captain gains an additional captain 1.
00R11
Powerful, but okay.

And since I have that little bit about Thorin Oakenshield in there, I guess I’ll show you my Bilbo

2 •Bilbo Baggins, Well-Traveled Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Resistance: 8
At the start of each of your turns, you may heal another Hobbit.
Each Dwarven companion is damage +1.
Each minion skirmishing an Elven companion is strength –1.
Each Gondor or Rohan companion is strength +1.
Exert Bilbo to play a Gandalf spell from your discard pile.
Ouch! Talk about an overloaded gametext! I like how you try to have Bilbo help each culture, but perhaps give him a more.. universal ability? And add a cost for some of those... By the way, this needs a rarity. Wink

Okay, back to Dwarves. Now for some artifacts.

5 •The Arkenstone, Precious Gem Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Each dwarf is resistance -1 and damage +1.
Response: If a dwarf wins a skirmish, add X tokens here where X is the dwarves damage bonus minus the losing minion’s vitality. This artifact may not be reinforced any other way.
Fellowship: Remove two tokens from here to discard a possession or condition.
Manuever: Remove a token from here to wound a minion bearing a possession or exert a minion.
Skirmish: Remove two tokens from here and spot a possession borne by a minion to make a dwarf skirmishing that minion damage +X, where X is the twilight cost of that possession.
Regroup: Remove a token from here to exert every minion.
Regroup: Remove a token from here and exert a dwarf to wound a minion (or two minions if you have initiative).
00R12
Overloaded gametext. Slim it down, somehow. And the token adding part needs rewording, but I dont know exactly how...

0 •Ring of Fury, Bane of Orcs Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarven Captain. Bearer is damage +2 and gains an additional captain 3.
Manuever: Exert bearer or discard this artifact to wound an Orc
00R13
Too powerful! More captain, and the ability to wound orcs???

0 •Ring of Accreation, Imbued with Power Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Dwarven Captain. Bearer is damage +1 and gains an additional captain 2.
Each dwarf is twilight cost -1.
00R14
A ring decreasing twilight cost. Hum. Drop that and it seems fine.

0 •Ring of Guile, Cunning Gem Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer is damage +1 and gains an additional captain 2.
Manuever: Exert bearer to reveal the bottom card of your draw deck. If it is a Dwarven card, take it into hand. Otherwise, discard it.
00R15
Too many abilities. Compare to the other version of the ring. Why wouldn’t people use this one? Drop the damage and strength bonus, probably.

0 •Ring of Retribution, Vengeant Jewel Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer gains an additional captain 3.
Response: If bearer loses a skirmish, exert him to exert each minion.
00R16
Exerting a losing companion, I can’t see too many people taking advantage of that.

0 •The Ring of Hardiness, Resistant Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer is damage +1 and gains an additional captain 4. Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all damage bonuses. Bearer may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
Response: If a dwarf is about to be killed by a wound, exert bearer and add a burden to prevent that wound.
00R+17
Overloaded ring. Stick with one, maybe two abilities. And captain 4?

0 •The Ring of Wealth, Creator of Great Riches Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Strength: +2
Resistance: -1
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer gains an additional captain 2.
Exert bearer to play a weapon on him from your draw deck or discard pile.
00R18
Needs a phase for that action. It seems too powerful, to me.

0 •The Ring of Greed, Snare of Sauron Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Resistance: -2
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer gains an additional captain 1.
Exert bearer to play a card from your discard pile (except a companion).
Skirmish: Exert bearer to discard a possession borne by a minion he is skirmishing. The owner may discard the top two cards of his or her draw deck to prevent that.
Each time the fellowship moves, add a threat.
00R19
Phase for the first action, besides it being overpowered. The threat part is good though.

That’s it for now! I will get some more dwarf cards, probably more companions. (with all the captains, where are the subject?) I am particularly interested on your opinion of Bilbo. And how to condense the text in the Arkenstone. And PLEASE help me get better subtitles.

~nbarden

I like the captain theme, but these are looking too powerful. I changed the formatting on a few cards, to make it easier on me. Please do this for yourself next time, thanks. It just makes things easier.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:45 pm
Elf lvr.

On Durin III, I start him in my primary deck with his other copy. He does seem kinda overloaded. Maybe just a damage +1 bonus.

On Thorin Oakenshield.

Quote:
Interesting... you could then play another copy?

No. He’s unique

On Thrain, his text only activates in the unlikely ability that a companion is killed. It does kind of overpower choke decks. Maybe "Exert him and spot two other Dwarven companions." By doing that, it would ensure that there are at least 3 dwarves in play, and a companion was killed. I think the card is fine.

I’ll finish the post and make the changes later, someone else needs the computer.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:22 am
Okay, I’m back. Happy New Year, BTW.

Thror: Man! I keep forgetting phases. Maybe just discard a man if you have initiative. If so, I think we need a damage +1 bonus to even it out, so he can be a viable companion outside a Thrain deck.

Uri, you gotta compensate somehow for his low strength. (Decipher’s idea)

Bilbo, definitely R+. I like his bonuses to all the cultures, because they aren’t abnormal and are relatively minute Dwarves key off damage, Elves lower minion’s strength, Men do the same, and where is Gandalf without his spells? If you think its overated, I gotta an idea to lower power.

The Arkenstone, I know. I’m trying to figure out which abilities to cut. I wanted the Arkenstone to focus on possessions, yet still be versatile enough to be used in any dwarf deck. Okay, I think I’m gonna cut the first regroup ability, and the Manuever ability. Sound ok?

Ring of Fury, well....maybe captain 1? The ability to wound orcs definitely comes at a cost, BTW. And Orcs aren’t exactly the most popular culture anymore....

Ring of Accreation: I wanted it to have something to do with playing companions. Maybe add an exertion cost to make a companion’s twilight cost lower?

Ring of Guile: You kinda have a point. However, if I make a different version of a card Decipher made, I kinda like to stick with the strength and vitality of the original.

Ring of Hardiness: I musta been really tired. Yeah, captain 4 is over loded Razz. And I think I’ll weaken the response ability (or completely change it).

Ring of Wealth, I’ll make it a hand weapon.

Ring of Greed, I’ll work on it.

EDIT:Changes done. What do you think now?
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:27 pm
it didn’t seem like you changed much

On the bilbo card i ha an idea

regroup: spot gandalf a Dwarven and Elven companion to wound a minioin x times were x is the number of twilight tokens in the twilight pool

that special seems less tacky
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:24 pm
Well....I changed a lot. I changed almost all the cards a little bit, to kinda tone down their special abilities. I added a cost of an exertion or a threat for Bilbo to move, and added an exertion cost to heal a hobbit. I cut two special abilities on the Arkenstone, and toned down/cut special abilities on almost all of the rings. I really toned down a lot of abilities on the companions, and cut several special abilities or added extra criteria for activating the abilities.

On Bilbo, I kinda wanted him to be able to work with any deck, not just a multicultural. Are you saying in addition to his current abilities? Also, you would have to add (limit once per phase)

I’m still working on the next batch.
macheteman
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:58 pm
the special ability H13 is suggesting is way too powerful for once per phase. there is no exertion cost, and Gandalf can add tons of twilight in about every phase.

and bilbo might be too powerful in a Gandalf/hobbit deck.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards