LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hunter would be kinda kewl for moria, I mean old nazzies didn’t have hunter, just because they didn’t have it because it wasn’t made doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have it now. it would be perfect for moria!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:23 pm
You’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t emphasize hunter in this set, so I don’t think I should put it on a culture that doesn’t have it to begin with.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:45 pm
Back to the theme of this set is perhaps the most powerful culture in this set along with Moria.

Starting with the Rings

0 •Ring of Cruelty Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, exert him to transfer a condition from your support area to the ring-bearer, if the ring-bearer is an eligible bearer.
Response: If the Free Peoples player reconciles, return bearer to his owner’s hand.
00R190

0 •Ring of Treachery Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to cancel a skirmish involving this Nazgul and assign him to skirmish an unbound companion.
Response: If the Free Peoples player reconciles, return bearer to his owner’s hand.
00R191

0 •Ring of Despair Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Vitality: -1
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Each time bearer exerts, add a burden unless the Free Peoples player discards a card of the ring-bearer’s culture from hand or from play.
00R+192

0 •Ring of Enslavement Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul. Bearer gains captain 2.
Maneuver: Exert bearer twice to spot a companion. That companion may not be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
00R+193

What do you all think of the Ring of Despair? I think that it would be hard to pull off an infinite loop with Ring of Rancor + Shotgun Enquea, but possible if you get enough burdens and the free peoples can’t stop it.
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, exert him to transfer a condition from your support area to the ring-bearer.
00R190

I think it needs to be made clear somehow that only conditions that can normally be transferred be eligible. Not sure how to do that, though.... Think

NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to cancel a skirmish involving this Nazgul and assign him to skirmish an unbound companion.
00R191

Perhaps limit it to assigning to unassigned unbound companions. Otherwise this would be a true killer.

NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Each time bearer exerts, add a burden unless the Free Peoples player discards a card of the ring-bearer’s culture from hand or from play.
00R+192

Recommended rewording: Each time bearer exerts, add a burden. The Free Peoples player may discard a card of the Ring-bearer’s culture from hand or from play to prevent this.

NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Maneuver: Exert bearer twice to spot a companion. That companion may not be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
00R+193

Trying to figure out if it’s balanced. I THINK it is, since it’s unique.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:07 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, exert him to transfer a condition from your support area to the ring-bearer.
00R190

I think it needs to be made clear somehow that only conditions that can normally be transferred be eligible. Not sure how to do that, though.... Think

Hm...I’ll work on it...

NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
00R191

Perhaps limit it to assigning to unassigned unbound companions. Otherwise this would be a true killer.

Nope. Rulebook says that actions that assign minions can only be used to assign to unassigned companions. So it works.

NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
00R+192

Recommended rewording: Each time bearer exerts, add a burden. The Free Peoples player may discard a card of the Ring-bearer’s culture from hand or from play to prevent this.

Well...both wordings are found on LotR cards, see Mocking Goblin.

NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Ring
00R+193

Trying to figure out if it’s balanced. I THINK it is, since it’s unique.

Shelob shouldn’t have all the fun!

GP for first review. And I need your card for my contest, Dain.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:16 pm
Bump. No more reviews?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, exert him to transfer a condition from your support area to the ring-bearer, if the ring-bearer is an eligible bearer.
00R190
kewl

Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
00R191
give the freeps a way out IMHO

Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
00R+192
weird. give it strength +1.

Artifact • Ring
00R+193

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:40 pm
8 •The Witch-king, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 14
Vitality: 4
Site Number: 3
Captain 2. Fierce.
Each time a Nazgul wins a skirmish, you may make the Witch-King strength +1 until the regroup phase.
00R194

6 •Ulaire Attea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 12
Vitality: 3
Fierce.
Each companion skirmishing Ulaire Attea is resistance -1 for each twilight token you spot (limit: -3)
00R195

5 •Ulaire Nelya, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 10
Fierce.
Ulaire Nelya is strength +1 for each companion with resistance 4 or less.
00R196

5 •Ulaire Cantea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
While you can spot 6 companions, each companion is resistance -2.
00R197

4 •Ulaire Lemenya, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 9
Vitality: 2
Fierce. Lurker
Each companion skirmishing a Nazgul with resistance 4 or less is strength -1.
00R198

6 •Ulaire Enquea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 11
Site Number: 4
Fierce.
At the start of the maneuver phase, exert each companion with resistance 2 or less.
00R199

4 •Ulaire Otsea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce. Lurker.
While you can spot a companion with resistance 4 or less, each Wraith minion is strength +1.
00R200

6 •Ulaire Toldea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
When you play Ulaire Toldea, you may exert him to draw a card for each companion with resistance 4 or less.(Limit: 4)
00R201

4 •Ulaire Nertea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce. Lurker.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, each unbound companion is resistance -1.
Skirmish: Exert this minion to wound a companion with resistance 0.
00R201
Last edited by NBarden on Sat May 05, 2007 7:17 pm; edited 4 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:29 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
8 •The Witch-King, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 14
Vitality: 4
Captain 2. Fierce.
Each time a Nazgul wins a skirmish, you may make the Witch-King strength +1 until the regroup phase.
00R194

Ah, now we get to the meat of it: the ’Gul themslves. Twisted Evil

"King" should always be lowercased for the Witch-king. I like him otherwise, those. Very useful in any Nazzie-centered Shadow deck, as he spreads the strength boosts around.

NBarden wrote:
6 •Ulaire Attea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
Each companion skirmishing Ulaire Attea is resistance -1 for each twilight token you spot (limit: -3)
00R195

Nifty.

NBarden wrote:
5 •Ulaire Nelya, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
Ulaire Nelya is strength +1 for each companion with resistance 4 or less.
00R196

Cool!

NBarden wrote:
5 •Ulaire Cantea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
While you can spot 6 companions, each companion is resistance -2.
00R197

Yowch! Perhaps each unbound companion?

NBarden wrote:
4 •Ulaire Lemenya, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce. Lurker
Each companion with resistance 4 or less is strength -2.
00R198

Seems a wee bit powerful. Maybe each such companion skirmishing a Wraith minion?

NBarden wrote:
6 •Ulaire Enquea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 11
Site Number: 4
Fierce.
At the start of the maneuver phase, exert each companion with resistance 4 or less.
00R199

VERY harsh. I’d go with either a lower resistance (like 3 or even 2) or at least require spotting another ’Gul or two.

NBarden wrote:
4 •Ulaire Otsea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce. Lurker.
While you can spot a companion with resistance 4 or less, each Wraith minion is strength +2.
00R200

OW! Make it either +1 or perhaps hunter 2, IMO.

NBarden wrote:
6 •Ulaire Toldea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
Shadow: Exert Ulaire Toldea to draw a card for each companion with resistance 4 or less.
00R201

Needs a limit, I think. Maybe 3 or 4?

NBarden wrote:
4 •Ulaire Nertea, Bound to the Ring Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce. Lurker.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, each unbound companion is resistance -1.
Skirmish: Exert this minion to wound a companion with resistance 0.
00R201

This one is well-balanced, I think. Good stuff. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:37 am
On Cantea, I don’t think so. On Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin, he brutally enforces the rule of 5. Especially comboed with Return to Its Master. Same with Shotgun Enquea. Southron Archer Legion, Shingle in a Storm, Greed, all these cards efficiently and brutally enforce the rule of 5. With the two most popular rule of 5 enforcing Nazgul providing instant death to a companion or two, I think that the ring-bearer taking a resistance -2 hit would be a good reminder not to break the rule of 5. Especially with that one wraith and a few burdens.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards