LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:58 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
2 •The Ring’s Corruption Wraith
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot 3 races in the fellowship, each unbound companion is resistance -1 (or -2 if you spot a Gondor companion).
Maneuver: Discard this condition to make an unbound companion resistance -2 until the regroup phase (or -6 if you can spot 3 races in the fellowship).
00R202

I think the maneuver ability would be a tad neater if it was -2 for each race you can spot in the fellowship (maximum -6).

NBarden wrote:
3 Seeking the Ring Wraith
Condition
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer is strength +1 for each companion with resistance 0.
While you can spot 2 companions with resistance 0, bearer is fierce.
While you can spot 3 companions with resistance 0, bearer is damage +1.
While you can spot 5 companions with resistance 0 or less, each Nazgul is damage +1.
00C203

Make sure to bold fierce, and limit it to 1 per bearer. Otherwise neat. Evil, but neat. Twisted Evil

NBarden wrote:
5 Drawn to the Ring Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Assignment: Spot 6 companions to assign a Nazgul to the ring-bearer. The Free People’s player may discard a companion to prevent this. Discard this condition.
Maneuver: Discard a Nazgul and this condition to add a burden or 2 threats.
00R204

Capitalize "Ring-bearer", and no apostophe in "Peoples". I like it, though. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:01 pm
Cosmetic changes made. The -2 for each race thing isn’t fair against a Frodo RB, though, so that’s why I set it at three and everything.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:02 am
Any more reviews?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
elf lvr
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:32 pm
NBarden wrote:
Betcha thought this was dead? I’ve just been to busy to post.

Condition • Support Area
While you can spot 3 races in the fellowship, each unbound companion is resistance -1 (or -2 if you spot a Gondor companion).
Maneuver: Discard this condition to make an unbound companion resistance -2 until the regroup phase (or -6 if you can spot 3 races in the fellowship).
00R202
Pretty cool. No complaints.

Condition
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer is strength +1 for each companion with resistance 0.
While you can spot 5 companions with resistance 0 or less, each Nazgul is damage +1.
00C203
Do you really need to say 0 or less? And if you do, why don’t you put it on every ability? Seems like an overloaded gametext to me. I’d like it better as a unique support area condition, with a few of those abilites for each nazgul.

Condition • Support Area
Assignment: Spot 6 companions to assign a Nazgul to the Ring-Bearer. The Free Peoples player may discard a companion to prevent this. Discard this condition.
00R204
Not bad.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
Betcha thought this was dead? I’ve just been to busy to post.

Condition • Support Area
00R202
nice

Condition
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer is strength +1 fo
r each companion with resistance 0.
00C203
cut cost by 1.

Condition • Support Area
Assignment: Spot 6 companions to assign a Nazgul to the Ring-Bearer. The Free Peoples player may discard a companion to prevent this. Discard this condition.
00R204

way underpowered cut cost by 2. + nazzies have enough rule of 5 junk
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:09 pm
Changes made. Thumbs Up
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:34 pm
Okay, now for the Sauron culture.

This set is a mess, and I apologize. I didn’t have a clue what I was doing when I started it, but I’m gonna fix it.

Sauron is going to be very focused on Sauron. Its going to be small, this is all of the Sauron culture, but it will have Sauron. And a twist...

20 •Sauron, Forger of the Rings Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 24
Vitality: 5
Site Number: 6
Damage +1. Enduring. Fierce.
Sauron is twilight cost -1 for each artifact you spot.
Regroup: Exert Sauron twice to remove an artifact from the game.
00R205

24 •Sauron, Gorthaur the Cruel Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 21
Damage +2. Fierce. Toil 1
Each time Sauron wins a skirmish, he is strength +3 until the regroup phase.
Regroup: Exert Sauron to add a threat and make the free peoples player wound a companion.
00R+206

5 •Sauron, Servant of Melkor Sauron
Follower
Strength: +4
Vitality: +1
Aid- Remove X threats. (At the start of the maneuver phase, you may remove X threats to transfer this to a minion)
X is the current region number
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, the free peoples player must exert X companions.
Maneuver: Transfer Sauron to your support area to add a threat and wound a companion.
00R207

0 •Sceptre of the Dark Lord, Weapon of Sauron Sauron
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be Sauron.
He is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to wound a companion not assigned to a skirmish and add three threats.
00R208

2 •The Great Ring Sauron
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Sauron.
The Ring-Bearer is resistance -1.
00R209
Last edited by NBarden on Tue May 08, 2007 7:23 pm; edited 4 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:45 pm
NBarden wrote:
Okay, now for the Sauron culture.

This set is a mess, and I apologize. I didn’t have a clue what I was doing when I started it, but I’m gonna fix it.

Sauron is going to be very focused on Sauron. Its going to be small, this is all of the Sauron culture, but it will have Sauron. And a twist...

18 •Sauron, Forger of the Rings Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 18
00R205
Cool.

Minion • Maia
Damage +3. Fierce.
Maneuver: Spot 6 companions and exert Sauron 4 times to make the Free Peoples player place a companion in the dead pile.
Regroup: Exert Sauron to add two threats and make the free peoples player wound a companion.
00R+206
Gah! OVERPOWERED! I know the twilight cost is high, and the strength is lower, but still! Damage +3? And who the heck packs cards that wound before maneuver? And that regroup ability? if you kill a companion (removes all threats) you can fill back up to maybe kill another! Do something about this! I know it isn’t like, insane (the higher cost, lower strength, and having to spot 6 companions) but make him less extreme and easier to play.

Follower
Aid- 3 (At the start of the maneuver phase, you may remove 3 to transfer this to a minion)
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert X companions, where X is the current region number.
Maneuver: Transfer Sauron to your support area to add a threat and wound a companion.
00R207
Gosh. You and your extreme cards. Razz Maybe make the manevuer ability removing a threat, and perhaps drop the vitality bonus. Then you could probably cut the cost or Aid a little.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Sauron.
He is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to wound a companion not assigned to a skirmish and add three threats.
00R208
Bold damage +1. This card seems fine, compared to the other Sceptre.

0 •The Ring of Power Sauron
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Sauron.
00R209
Give it a cost or lower the strength boost. Since it is the ring, a wound-prevention text would be nice. The resistance lowering thing is okay, because Sauron and ring probably aren’t all too splashable in corrutpion decks.

Good ideas!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:48 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
18 •Sauron, Forger of the Rings Sauron
Minion • Maia
00R205

Nifty. Shadow could use some artifact discarding, and how better to do it than with Sauron?

NBarden wrote:
Minion • Maia
Damage +3. Fierce.
Maneuver: Spot 6 companions and exert Sauron 4 times to make the Free Peoples player place a companion in the dead pile.
Regroup: Exert Sauron to add two threats and make the free peoples player wound a companion.
00R+206

I’m with EL here. I’d take out that maneuver ability altogether. Good idea in general, but WAY overpowered. I’d also make his regroup ability exert him twice and find a way to reduce his cost a little. And either drop it down to damage +2 or get rid of fierce.

NBarden wrote:
Follower
Aid- 3 (At the start of the maneuver phase, you may remove 3 to transfer this to a minion)
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert X companions, where X is the current region number.
00R207

I think it’s okay, though MAN is that powerful. Shocked I’d have his aid cost remove a threat or two in addition to the 3...well, maybe make it 2 if you do that.

NBarden wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Sauron.
He is damage +1.
00R208

Like EL said, bold damage +1. Otherwise good. Thumbs Up

NBarden wrote:
0 •The Ring of Power Sauron
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Sauron.
00R209

Nice idea. GP I’d give it a cost, though, as this is FAR from the typical ring. Maybe 2, or remove a certain number of threats to play it.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:37 pm
I decided to up the first Sauron back to his original strength. And the second one is able to hit his original strength in the fierce, which is more than likely. And I cut the maneuver ability. And added Toil. On the follower, I used region number for his cost and his effect.

Anyway, I need more reviews! I’m trying to wrap this up ASAP.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards