LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:51 pm
Good point. I’m changing it back. (less wordy)

AC, were you gonna rate my cards?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:21 am
Gondor Companions so Far.

4 •Aragorn, Leader of Middle Earth Gondor
Companion•Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Captain 2. Aragorn is strength + 1 for each race you can spot in the fellowship.
Skirmish:If Aragorn wins a skirmish, make him captain -X to make a companion strength +X until the regroup phase.

00R59

5 •Elendil, Leader of Men and Elves Gondor
Companion•Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 6
Captain 2. While you can spot Isildur, Elendil is strength +2.
Skirmish: Exert Elendil twice to make each Elf and other Gondor man strength +1 until the regroup phase.

00R60

3 •Isildur, Leader of Gondor Gondor
Companion•Man
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 3
Captain 0. Elendil is twilight cost -4.
While you can spot Elendil, Isildur is strength +2.
Skirmish: Exert Isildur to have him replace Elendil in a skirmish.

00R61

4 •King of the Dead, Leader of Wraiths Gondor
Companion•Wraith
Resistance: 5
Captain 1. Enduring. To play, add two threats. While King of the Dead is in your starting fellowship, he is twilght cost -2.
While you can spot Aragorn, King of the Dead is strength +2.
Fellowship: Add a threat to play a Gondor Wraith or a Wraith follower from your draw deck.

00R62

Note: Later on, there will be Gondor followers with the keyword wraith on them

Next up, the stewards.
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
thonnas7
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:19 am
NBarden wrote:

Companion•Man
Captain 2. Aragorn is strength + 1 for each race you can spot in the fellowship.
Skirmish:If Aragorn wins a skirmish, make him captain -X to make a companion strength +X until the regroup phase.
00R59

I really think you could make this guy base strength 8. I like the idea.

4 •Elendil, Leader of Men and Elves Gondor
Companion•Man
Strength: 9
Captain 2. Isildur is twilight cost -3.
While you can spot Isildur, Elendil is strength +2.
Skirmish: Exert Elendil to make each Elf and other Gondor man strength +1 until the regroup phase.
00R60

I’m not sure I like all the Isildur text, but I’ll let it pass. His skirmish ability is way too overpowered. At the most make it on exertion to make one Elf or Gondor Man strength +2 until the regroup phase.

Companion•Man
Captain 0. Elendil is twilight cost -3.
00R61

Not sure I like how the whole card depends on Elendil. Also, what is the point of having Captain 0?

Companion•Wraith
Captain 1. Enduring. To play, add two threats.
Fellowship: Add a threat to play a Gondor Wraith or a Wraith follower from your draw deck.
00R62

I’m noticing you have all these guys focusing on each other being out. That’s a lot of twilight for companions. I do like this dude though, although his fellowship action should cause an exertion.

Next up, the stewards.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:39 am
thonnas7 wrote:

Aragorn

I really think you could make this guy base strength 8. I like the idea.

Well...a frodo RB gives him an automatic strength 9. (Spotting himself and the RB). That’s why I did it that way. And then with a dwarf, wraith, wizard, ent, elf, and even a tree (Huorn), he’s base strength 15, pretty tough. I think I’ll keep it there.

Elendil

I’m not sure I like all the Isildur text, but I’ll let it pass. His skirmish ability is way too overpowered. At the most make it on exertion to make one Elf or Gondor Man strength +2 until the regroup phase.

Hm...I’ll have to think about that, I like a collective benefit, but it may be overpowered. Maybe exert him twice?

Isildur

Not sure I like how the whole card depends on Elendil. Also, what is the point of having Captain 0?

Well...That’s the whole point! An Isilidur/Elendil Starting fellowship! And the Captain 0 is for spotting a captain, and the captain ability can be manipulated.

King of the Dead

I’m noticing you have all these guys focusing on each other being out. That’s a lot of twilight for companions. I do like this dude though, although his fellowship action should cause an exertion.

Hm...Maybe I outta have him twilight cost - 1 or 2 if you spot Aragorn. That way, Aragorn, Strider/KotD Starting Fellowship. Oh, and wraiths will pump the threat count very high, really fast. So that insures that his ability won’t be overused, but maybe I’ll add two threats, eh?

Next up, the stewards.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:17 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
thonnas7 wrote:

Elendil

Hm...I’ll have to think about that, I like a collective benefit, but it may be overpowered. Maybe exert him twice?

I think not only should it exert him twice, but he should have his original stats: 5 twilight, 8 strength, 5 vitality. Then his higher cost helps offset the -3 for Isildur, his lower strength helps offset his sizeable +2 jump once Isildur hits the table, and you can use his skirmish ability only twice before you have to heal him up. I think that would make everyone happy. Plus, I’m personally not a big fan of drastically changing both the strength and vitality of a major character like that without really good reason.

NBarden wrote:
thonnas7 wrote:
King of the Dead

Hm...Maybe I outta have him twilight cost - 1 or 2 if you spot Aragorn. That way, Aragorn, Strider/KotD Starting Fellowship. Oh, and wraiths will pump the threat count very high, really fast. So that insures that his ability won’t be overused, but maybe I’ll add two threats, eh?

Yeah, I think the twilight reduction with Aragorn is better than the strength pump...and probably -1 instead of -2. His ability to get in for free with the combo of -2 for Aragorn and -2 for starting fellowship is too good, methinks.

I think his ability is okay with adding just one threat, but 2 would be better.

Otherwise, I echo what Thonnas said.

I’ll keep an eye out for the Stewards. Smile
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:43 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
NBarden wrote:

Companion•Man

00R59
Very interesting, and I like it! Although his ability should be a Response action. Do you realize that it can kick in after his Captain kicks in?
Companion•Man
Skirmish: Exert Elendil twice to make each Elf and other Gondor man strength +1 until the regroup phase.

00R60
Very interesting. Although being able to play Izzie for free? Hmm...
Companion•Man

00R61
Yeesh, that’s incredibly powerful! This means you can start two huge companions! I don’t know...that twilight cost thing might have to go.

Companion•Wraith
Captain 1. Enduring. To play, add two threats. While King of the Dead is in your starting fellowship, he is twilght cost -2.

00R62
Very good.
Copycat! Razz
Next up, the stewards.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:29 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:

Companion•Man

00R59

Companion•Man

00R60

Companion•Man

00R61

Companion•Wraith

00R62

All much better now, though I’d keep Isildur’s twilight reduction for Elendil at -3, not -4. And on second thought, you might want to change Elendil’s reduction for Isildur from -3 to -2, just so he’s not completely free.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:39 pm
I really wanted an Elendil/Isildur starting fellowship. Kinda like Elladan/Elrohir. So, how about no reduction for Isildur, and 4 for Elendil. That way you can start them both, without it being grossly misused. Or, While elendil is in your starting fellowship, he is twilight cost -2, and same for Isildur.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:56 pm
The Stewards

2 •Denethor, Steward of Gondor Gondor
Companion•Man
Strength: 5
Captain 1.
Boromir and Faramir are strength +2. Denethor may not heal during the skirmish phase.
While you can spot Boromir, Denethor is strength +1.
While you can spot Faramir, Denethor is strength +1.
Skirmish: Exert Denethor to make Boromir or Faramir strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
00R63

3 •Boromir, Steward of Gondor Gondor
Companion•Man
Captain 2.
While you can spot Denethor, Boromir is twilight cost -2.
While you can spot Faramir, Boromir is resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Boromir to play a skirmish event from your discard pile during a skirmish involving Denethor or Faramir.
00R64

3 •Faramir, Steward of Gondor Gondor
Companion•Man
Resistance: 7
Captain 2. Ranger.
While you can spot Denethor, Faramir is twilight cost -2.
While you can spot Boromir, the fellowship archery total is +1.
Skirmish: Exert Faramir to wound a roaming minion skirmishing Boromir or Denethor.
00R65
Last edited by NBarden on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:39 am; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:30 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
NBarden wrote:
The Stewards

2 •Denethor, Steward of Gondor Gondor
Companion•Man
Strength: 5
Captain 1.
Boromir and Faramir are strength +2.
While you can spot Boromir, Denethor is strength +1.
While you can spot Faramir, Denethor is strength +1.
Skirmish: Exert Denethor to make Boromir or Faramir strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
00R63
Very nice. I like the trio thing. I think the Skirmish ability should be limited to once per phase, though. That could get very out of hand...
3 •Boromir, Steward of Gondor Gondor
Companion•Man
Captain 2.
While you can spot Denethor, Boromir is twilight cost -2.
While you can spot Faramir, Boromir is resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Boromir to play a skirmish event from your discard pile on Denethor or Faramir.
00R64
Very interesting. The gametext should be: "to play a skirmish event from your discard pile during a skirmish involving..."
3 •Faramir, Steward of Gondor Gondor
Companion•Man
Resistance: 7
Captain 2. Ranger
While you can spot Denethor, Faramir is twilight cost -2.
While you can spot Boromir, the fellowship archery total is +1.
Skirmish: Exert Faramir to wound a roaming minion skirmishing Boromir or Denethor.
00R65
Very nice!! I love the flavor of this guy!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards