LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

53%
  [ 7 ]  53%

23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:06 pm
Actually, notice that quickbeam says ent and unbound hobbit.

And for the rest, it seems like it would be using the inclusive or.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:43 pm
click here for the clarification on the ent starting fellowship. Thanks SoP for asking!
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
welcome. I thouht since no one had ever said to the contrary...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:05 pm
Looks like some pretty fair decks. My only peice of advice is to inlcude some condition discarding in the Gimli deck, to handle sauron discarding corruption. Since you ensure that you get the burdens they need, you’ll HAVE to get rid of The Irresistable Shadow. And even then, a smart shadow player would hold it in hand until you were decked out and had the five burdens. They play it, corrupts you. And it would be easy to deck you out with 4x Desperate Defense of the Ring on Gimli. And, even with only one companion, a butcher and DDotR only costs 5... plus, Enduring Evil seems like a killer event against you. See if you can find a way to work around it.

I liked the article, though, very... inventive.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:26 pm
Yeah, well....as was pointed out earlier, and I added to the article, blood runs chill is an option vs massive card decks. and, honed will give a muh larger pump than enduring evil. But...because of corruption, I offered a Gimli/Grimbeorn alternative with two copies of watch and wait, which would kill corruption. Its probably much better than solo-Gimli, but then, it wouldn’t be as crazy.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
instead of grimbeorn add the Pippin engine! That would work quite well for killing minions
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:05 pm
yeah....but using daddy twofoot requires paying the aid cost, one burden. With Grimbeorn and two copies of watch and wait, on the other hand, you peel off burdens, and don’t have to worry about events. And with Grimbeorn, all you need is a decent minion.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:09 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
One other thing on Solo Gimli...I like the deck, but Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul would be a potential pain at later sites, since 5 burdens won’t be a problem for the Shadow.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:15 pm
Why? Enquea can’t wound the Ring-bearer... and the entire point of any splash companion is to remove those burdens anyway.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:03 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ah, forgot about that little clause. Disregard that, then. I forgot that he couldn’t wound the RB...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest