LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:15 pm
--- description ---

--- end description ---

BUGs ftw- black, green, blue reanimation.

Here’s the idea. Green has acceleration, call of the herd. Blue had draw/discard. Black has reanimation. Make with the deck!

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Farseek
4 Compulsive Research
4 Magus of the Bazaar
4 Zombify
2 Vorosh, the Havester
4 Dread Return
4 Call of the Herd
2 Avatar of Woe
2 Krosan Cloudscraper

4 Watery Grave
4 Underground River
10 Forest
2 Swamp
2 Island

Usually, I can be getting things to graveyard to be reanimated by turn three. That means turn one acceleration, turn two into either draw+discard outlet, turn three zombify/dread return.

Because it’s not necessary to have too many large creatures, I added in call of the herd- it can flashback from graveyard after discarding.

Yes, this uses Planar Chaos a little bit but that’s how standard will be soon enough.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:26 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You have 6 monsters for 8 reanimation cards. That’s a bit over the top, I think. Also, Careful Consideration could be used, and Magus of the Bazaar could become Looter il-Kor, otherwise, this deck hurts your hand too much. Cut the Legend by one, and add in an Akroma, it’s another bomb that reanimation can benefit from. Also, if there’s room for Sb’ing, Avoid Fate and the new Counterspell are good choices, since that’s about all they’ll be able to do: deal with your bigger threats. You could also consider a BW approach on reanimation, with just a hint of blue for discard/draw outlet, which gives you room to more powerful cards, like Castigate, Mortify, Wrath of God AND Damnation, and Faith’s Fetters. Also, the new Blue Meddling Mage is a must, to stop Martyr decks and Dragonstorm. Just picture Smallpoxing, Lootering or Compulsing a Meddling Mage on turn 3, to bring him back on turn 4, just before they can try the deadly Dragonstorm! Cool, huh?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:46 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
You have 6 monsters for 8 reanimation cards. That’s a bit over the top, I think.

Not quite true... True on the surface, but I can and frequently do discard a call of the herd as well.

Plus, with compulsive research and magus of the bazaar, I can rip through my deck in a hurry.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:09 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah. And in a pinch, you could discard a reanimation spell as well, without it being too painful. True. Haven’t thought of that. Think But isn’t an Akroma (a white one) worth a try? Also, the Krosan Cloudscraper I’ve found to be less than amusing most of the times, because it lacks evasion. Any way to give him trample or something? Otherwise, I’d rather stick with one, due to the upkeep cost, or go with white and use him as I’m suggesting an Akroma now, just a reanimation target, for a post-wrath. Oh, yes, of course, I forgot there is Damnation now... Wink (messed-up Standard!)
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:50 am
I’m trying to avoid wrathing because then birds and llanowars die, not to mention maguses. I’d rather try to get a turn three avatar of woe than wrath the board. Avatar is usable to block and tap, shutting off agro entirely. Also, I can flashback dread return late with the midget accelerators if I want to use them late.

I would add white if I could, but I think this is faster reanimation that my opponents can run, so I’ll stick with it. Even if they can have akroma, she can’t block avatar of woe, and can’t kill cloudscraper.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)