LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:22 pm
--- description ---
Ignite memories storm deck... like dragonstorm, but faster, and therefore better!
--- end description ---

4 Ignite Memories
4 Seething Song
4 Rite of Flame
4 Rift Bolt
4 Search for Tomorrow
4 Birds of Paradise
3 Early Harvest
4 Mishra’s Bauble
4 Moldervine Cloak
4 Ornithopter
4 Blanchwood Armor

14 Forest
7 Mountain

This deck ideally floats a search for tomorrow turn one, a rift bolt turn two, then shoots off turn three with either free spell, either acceleration spell, and ignite memories. This should wreck their whole hand. Then, a birds of paradise or ornithopter with blanchwood or moldervine cloak should be able to deal off whatever more their life total has remaining. Very cool deck, a little bit risky, but there’s not a whole lot D-storm can do about it. Against agro, you can use the rift bolt at a creature instead of a player, then control the board with their remaining creature or two against your bigger creature, or just beat them down because yours is flying and their removal is all discarded.

Very fun deck, particularly useful now that control is running standard.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:19 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I think you made a small mistake here... Ignite Memories does not discard anything, it just deals damage. If you face-off against a Gruul deck, or Boros, you’ll have SOME problems, since their hand could easily be a bunch of one and two-drops, so you wouldn’t deal THAT much damage, and you have no Wrath effect like Wildfire to save you.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:44 pm
Yeah, I checked that later Razz That does kind of... suck.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)