LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:31 pm
--- description ---
This deck is all about cheap, cheap card advantage.
--- end description ---

4 Ravenous rats
4 Shreiking Grotesque
4 Hellhole Rats
4 Lightning Helix
4 Dark Confidant
4 Char
4 Browbeat
3 Magus of the Scroll
4 Savannah Lions
3 Last Gasp

3 Sacred Foundry
4 Blood Crypt
3 Godless Shrine
4 Plains
4 Swamp
4 Mountain

This deck relies on hitting a drop every turn, preferably making them discard at least twice, with help from confidant just being able to swing out as much as possible knowing that you have superior resources. Browbeat makes a great finisher because you’re drawing immensely, so they’re afraid to give you more cards and it’s a burn spell against any smart opponent 9 times out of ten. This deck should not run out of cards too quickly. If it does (you didn’t get to keep a confidant around), then just run magus of the scroll’s ability until you grab either a confidant or browbeat, and then finish the job.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:14 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I didn’t like this deck very much, LSG. I’ve played 2 versions of it that I think are both better. One is the BW, with access to Mortify and such guys as Ghost Council. The other, which I like best, is the mono-black. Stupor, Smallpox, Hypnotic Specter and now the new Counterspell and Time Walk, not to mention Liege of the Pit, since your rats will be most likely useless after they hit play, it could be a beast! Maybe a little White splash, but with the new legendary land that turns everything into swamps, or with only duals, and packing Magus of the Coffers and Consume Spirit as a finisher. But as it is, honestly, I don’t like it. I think I just don’t like Red in discard very much...
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:44 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
I didn’t like this deck very much, LSG. I’ve played 2 versions of it that I think are both better. One is the BW, with access to Mortify and such guys as Ghost Council. The other, which I like best, is the mono-black. Stupor, Smallpox, Hypnotic Specter and now the new Counterspell and Time Walk, not to mention Liege of the Pit, since your rats will be most likely useless after they hit play, it could be a beast! Maybe a little White splash, but with the new legendary land that turns everything into swamps, or with only duals, and packing Magus of the Coffers and Consume Spirit as a finisher. But as it is, honestly, I don’t like it. I think I just don’t like Red in discard very much...

Well of course BW is liked better... people play it all the time in tournies. There’s a million lists tested a millions times, by a million people. I would recommend you try playing this, though. I think you may be pleasantly surprised. There always just seems to be enough damage, and they always seem to run out of cards.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:12 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And I AM a Browbeat fan from day one, too, so... I kinda miss it to refuel in most decks. I miss card-drawing nowadays.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)